Davinci Resolve 16

SR

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Shell64 said:

Is resolve 16 beta stable enough to use professionally?

You should always expect that beta software has bugs, and will crash at times. "Beta" usually means that there are serious bugs that the developers know about, but have not completely fixed yet. If you use it, make sure you have backups of all your projects from Resolve 15 so that you can roll back in case of disaster. You have only yourself to blame if you lose work after relying on beta software.

That said, the Resolve beta 6 has been stable for me so far.

9 hours ago, Shell64 said:

Is resolve 16 beta stable enough to use professionally?

It's been stable for me too, but I think this is one of those "if you have to ask" kind of situations.  If you don't have time to mess around then just use 15...

Of course, no software is 100% reliable these days!

22 minutes ago, kye said:

It's been stable for me too, but I think this is one of those "if you have to ask" kind of situations.  If you don't have time to mess around then just use 15...

Of course, no software is 100% reliable these days!

Thanks. The build of resolve 15 is super stable for me at the moment so I’m debating updating

On 8/2/2019 at 7:04 AM, Shell64 said:

Thanks. The build of resolve 15 is super stable for me at the moment so I’m debating updating

Version 16 is probably very close to being released so if you're happy with 15 then I'd suggest waiting.  You could even wait for feedback on the released v16 and potentially wait for 16.1, assuming there's nothing new in v16 that you want.

21 minutes ago, kye said:

Version 16 is probably very close to being released so if you're happy with 15 then I'd suggest waiting.  You could even wait for feedback on the released v16 and potentially wait for 16.1, assuming there's nothing new in v16 that you want.

Yeah. I don’t feel that I need any of the new features, but want to try them because they seem really cool. Although I can cut pretty darn fast on the existing edit page. 

35 minutes ago, Shell64 said:

Yeah. I don’t feel that I need any of the new features, but want to try them because they seem really cool. Although I can cut pretty darn fast on the existing edit page. 

If v15 is working for you then I'd say wait.  Newer versions are great and all, but if you're interested in productivity and actually making films then absolutely prioritise that over new shiny things.  I actually skipped version 15 because I was using v14, didn't need anything new in v15, and by the time I got around to upgrading v16 betas were out and so I just skipped straight to 16b1 :) 

I installed resolve 16 but didn’t really find much that I really cared about that was new (I don’t need the cut page) and the color page was dropping frames in 16 while playing at 24fps on 15. Long story short I am back on 15.3.1 as it is stable, well performing, and includes all of the features I want in a NLE. 

4 hours ago, Shell64 said:

I installed resolve 16 but didn’t really find much that I really cared about that was new (I don’t need the cut page) and the color page was dropping frames in 16 while playing at 24fps on 15. Long story short I am back on 15.3.1 as it is stable, well performing, and includes all of the features I want in a NLE. 

The last step in writing software is optimising it, so depending on which version you downloaded it might not have been optimised yet.  Still, whatever works for you :) 

We're in the business of making art, not keeping up with the Jones' or learning the latest software.

Resolve guys, please help me resolve this issue :) I'm new to the SW so there might be some options I overlooked.

For days, I had no issues with exporting footage from resolve. Today something happened :( No matter what kind of output I choose, the quality is rubbish like at the photo attached :( Any guess what went wrong? This is a Ursa Mini G2 raw footage, graded from BMD film. Even if I export this from raw, it's still pixilated, banding, etc. The screen was made from an uncompressed export.

I'm runing on Resolve 16 Studio, PC, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 1060, i7. 

Thanks a lot for your replies!

vlcsnap-2019-08-08-20h27m24s164.thumb.png.82e9dcfa1ac3b1d091ebdb9c1e49e1c1.png

It almost looks like Resolve decided to use its Optimized Media to render it out.

But, did you generated Optimized Media in the first place?

I had a similar issue some time ago, but it only affected my grabbed stills quality, not rendered video.

Take a look here, maybe some of the tips will help you:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92628

48 minutes ago, heart0less said:

It almost looks like Resolve decided to use its Optimized Media to render it out.

But, did you generated Optimized Media in the first place?

I had a similar issue some time ago, but it only affected my grabbed stills quality, not rendered video.

Take a look here, maybe some of the tips will help you:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92628

Hey, thanks for your reply. Yep, I generated optimised media, but like I wrote, I had no issues yesterday while exporting the Raw footage. I tried to grade them today and also messed with the settings and this is what I've got.

I also went through the topic you linked but that did not help as well :( I tried to nest the timeline, change the projects settings, but the 4K RAW is coming out of the resolve like it's 480p.