Davinci Resolve 16

SR

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Stathman said:

Right click on monitor, grab still, go to gallery tab right click export?

Exactly this way. 

1 hour ago, kye said:

Have you checked in the Deliver page, there are some options (maybe under Advanced?) about using optimised or proxy media during the export, maybe these are accidentally enabled?

No, I haven't. 

Thanks for the hint, will try it a bit later. 

3 hours ago, heart0less said:

@kye, there is an option to 'Use Optimized Media' under Advanced Settings in Delivery tab, but I have it unchecked.

) :

It was a good hunch, though - Jim from Blackmagic Forum suggested the same.

Did you figure it out?

I have no idea, and if Jim couldn't help then it might be a strange bug of some sort, which means the normal troubleshooting steps, like copying every clip to a new timeline, or a new project, etc..

Alternatively, you could set the in and out points in the Deliver page to a single frame and then export the video using a codec that is an image sequence and get a single image that way.  It's a bit of a PITA though!

6 hours ago, kye said:

Did you figure it out?

I didn't. 

) :

6 hours ago, kye said:

I have no idea, and if Jim couldn't help then it might be a strange bug of some sort, which means the normal troubleshooting steps, like copying every clip to a new timeline, or a new project, etc.

Yup, I think I'll have to resort to this approach in the end.

Jim ran out of ideas, Peter Chamberlain came in his place. 

You can follow the thread here:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92628&p=515308#p515308

6 hours ago, heart0less said:

I didn't. 

) :

Yup, I think I'll have to resort to this approach in the end.

Jim ran out of ideas, Peter Chamberlain came in his place. 

You can follow the thread here:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92628&p=515308#p515308

Peter should be able to sort you out, I hope anyway.

It's worth trying the next beta and seeing if it resolves it, har har har.

6 hours ago, thephoenix said:

16b4 is out. enjoy guys

and the best is taht update works. dvr told me the update was available and went direct to download it.

hope next step will be an update within the software itself without having to download the zip file and go threw install process

52 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

and the best is taht update works. dvr told me the update was available and went direct to download it.

hope next step will be an update within the software itself without having to download the zip file and go threw install process

Yeah, and an incremental update where you only have to download the patch, rather than the full standalone version would be nice.  I have tonnes of internet, but making people download the same thing again and again is just annoying and wasteful.

45 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

never had gpu errors. how did you get them ?

had a couple of crashes though :(

Oh my god, all the time with the previous versions usually on the Color screen, applying LUTs, pressing the Auto Color button, moving around nodes. Both on my laptop and my desktop.

2 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Oh my god, all the time with the previous versions usually on the Color screen, applying LUTs, pressing the Auto Color button, moving around nodes. Both on my laptop and my desktop.

Dont you have Windows page file turned off or fixed to some specific amount of gb? Setting it to auto solved 98% of my Resolve freezes and drop outs. 

8 hours ago, kye said:

It's worth trying the next beta and seeing if it resolves it, har har har.

Screw betas.

Just take a look at what happened..

I can't either 'Rediscover Optimized Media' or 'Relink Selected Clips'. The files play just fine when I open them via Windows Explorer in MPC-HC.

Thank God I didn't start editing it.

I don't know what's going on, but there is some hex on me, definitely.

obraz.thumb.png.9222e2809ad6c5f7e9d930fc7379a4ec.png

23 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

Have you reported your problems to blackmagic? It defeats the purpose of a beta if you don't report the issues. It's not finished software, and you shouldn't use a beta for anything other than lookinh for issues, and certainly not for anything important.

I do keep them up to date. 

( :

1 hour ago, KnightsFan said:

Have you reported your problems to blackmagic? It defeats the purpose of a beta if you don't report the issues. It's not finished software, and you shouldn't use a beta for anything other than lookinh for issues, and certainly not for anything important.

I'm editing the video for my 5 week honeymoon trip in Italy - does that count as important? ???

Seriously though, I've had less crashes on 16 than I used to get on v12.5 per hour.  I'm not even kidding.

I am doing backups each time I get a new beta though.

@kye very important! All i mean is if you use software that is labelled as incomplete, you have no right to complain about bugs, either report then to the devs or wait for the actual release. (Of course discussing bugs and crashes with the community is valuable as well, i just get annoyed with people smugly saying the resolve beta isn't ready for production use... Of course it isn't)