Metabones Nikon to Micro 43 Speed Booster

Rungunshoot

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

If you have a problem with pricing I suggest to look how much it costs to buy the 1-stop faster, wider lenses. If they exist!

Good luck getting that 18mm F1.4 for your NEX.

(That's a 28mm F2.0 on Speed Booster)

If you have a problem with pricing I suggest to look how much it costs to buy the 1-stop faster, wider lenses. If they exist!

Good luck getting that 18mm F1.4 for your D5200.

(That's a 28mm F2.0 on Speed Booster)

Not sure if this was directed at me - I just pointed out that if it had been a "smart" adapter it would have  cost about $600 rather than around $400 for a "dumb" adapter. 

PS: I'm planning on getting a speedbooster myself, but hoping they will make one for m43 that works with sony alpha/minolta maxxum lenses.

I think it's great that it has an aperture ring. It'll be the perfect match for my soon available Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 Nikon mount zoom lens! =D

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-210306-18-35mm-Nikon-APS-C/dp/B00DBL09FG

(here's to hoping nothing's wrong with using this particular APS-C lens on the GH2 and other MFT cameras...)

... Getting a speedbooster got even more tempting...

Indeed! It opens up a looot of possibilities. Before this sigma came out the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 was an interesting option becoming around a 12-35mm f2! That's one stop brighter than the Panasonic equivalent (on Speed Booster realm)! The bad thing is you lose IS, unless the EF version supports this feature

But bear in mind that, according to what I've read, it's non-Canon (the brand, not the mount) APS-C lenses which can be used with the Speed Booster, because of the connectors and/or a protrusion that Canon APS-C lenses have.

• Administrators

I have the Nikon > Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster now and have been testing it for a few days, so check back for a review next week. Lovely with the Samyang 85mm F1.4 on the GH3. The adapter also has a built in aperture control ring for Nikon G lenses which works very well, though would be nice to see a declicked version.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Nikon > Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster now and have been testing it for a few days, so check back for a review next week. Lovely with the Samyang 85mm F1.4 on the GH3. The adapter also has a built in aperture control ring for Nikon G lenses which works very well, though would be nice to see a declicked version.

Hi there Andrew,

sorry to be so cheeky, but do you have a date for the Review already? :) I'm really interested in the performance of it, tempted to order it the next few days; would use it mainly with the BMCC MFT, and sometimes the GH2. Would be really interested if this thing holds up!
If you need more time with the Review, maybe you can say something really quick about it, if it's worth and usable? :)

Best Regards!