Canon M50 - Magic Lantern

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Magic Lantern have hacked the Canon M50 today, in a surprise move, since it was previously thought Canon had blocked the M50 from loading any scripts.

Features of the first version of Magic Lantern for the M50 dubbed "Hello World" include 6K RAW video (using pixel binning) and animated wallpapers.

Read the full article

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Anything's possible, let's see how it progresses. Still early days yet but I have Magic Lantern up and running on my M50 with a few modules... no RAW video module yet but should only be a matter of time now!

Hello Andrew,

which modules are working?

Normal stuff like zebras, iso and wb control are already working? That would be amazing by itself. I find it to be a very nice camera. Has some character with the right picture profile.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, rawshooter said:

The MagicLantern project is pretty much dead - the last nightly builds are from July 2018:  https://builds.magiclantern.fm/  There are only some (or just one?) individual developers who keep hacking individual camera ports and offering their own builds off-site.

On the contrary, ML is thriving.  You can't go by that nightly build page, as that is not where the action is. Most of the nightly builds that everyone uses are not official.

To see the current activity, go to the main forum page, and scroll down to the bottom section titled, "Recently Updated Topics."  After a brief scanning of just a few of the top messages, I see the following active developers:  Danne, masc, cmh, Levas, ilia3101, reddeercity, 2blackbar, critix.

Our own @ZEEK is active with ML and MLV-App instructional videos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, tweak said:

I agree, it could be a very lovely camera with ML. Imagine the eosm but with DPAF an EVF and a few other upgrades.

That sounds like the M50's future to me. I hope the M50 will be up and running sometime this year or next...who knows, but I'm hanging on :). 

Greg has done something really nice for the M50 so far, check it out:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23296.msg227504;topicseen#msg227504

• 1 year later...