• ISO 12,800 Maximum
  • Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus
  • Full HD Video
  • HDR
  • Multiexposure Mode
  • LP-E6 Battery
  • Announcement on July 2, 2013

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/06/canon-eos-70d-spec-list/

New sensor, let's see what it's capable of in video mode...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
For some reason I'm not expecting much of the new sensor in terms of DR and low light performance...

The previous 18mp is quite a few years old, it shouldn't be hard for them to improve on it.

If the improvement between the 18mp sensor and this one is equivalent to the improvement between the 5D2 and 5D3, then I think it's a good one!

Construction is rumored to be better as well, closer to the 50D than the 60D.

Streaming video (RAW especially) over wifi would be awesome...you'd have a HH wireless rig in a nifty compact form factor. Perfect for steadicam, crane, ceiling mount, etc. Especially if they have remote control focusing that works well. And for the RAW, you could have an SSD RAID on the receive end.

Video on this camera will live or die based on the downsampling they chose to give us. Unless ML gets full-res MJPEG working.

The previous 18mp is quite a few years old, it shouldn't be hard for them to improve on it.

If the improvement between the 18mp sensor and this one is equivalent to the improvement between the 5D2 and 5D3, then I think it's a good one!

Construction is rumored to be better as well, closer to the 50D than the 60D.

The difference between the 5D2 and 5D3 sensor isn't big at all (click)

True, it makes a big difference in video, but that has to do with other stuff (processing, line skipping).

Nikon aps-c (toshiba) has two more stops raw at low iso than a 6D / 5D3 fullframe... If Canon actually makes a sensor as good as the toshiba or sony ones, then their aps-c camera will beat their fullframe line up for dynamic range. Would be a bit weird, but we'll see.

Just confirm the camera supporting UHS-1 high speed card. I am speculating that 70D may able to shot FullHD RAW since the continuous shooting rate is 7fps and 16 RAW which means the camera contain a larger buffer than 60D. That might be hope other than the 5D Mark III

Looks like the sensor design hasn't change much as Canon Says the RAW output noise level is the same as the 60D.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-70d/canon-70dA.HTM

We've already mentioned the new image sensor from the standpoint of autofocus, but it's worth noting that its resolution has been increased slightly over that of the Canon 60D. With size unchanged, that results in a smaller pixel pitch, but Canon says it has also increased the active imaging area of the sensor slightly, from 14.9 x 22.3 to 15.0 x 22.5mm. That, coupled with a switch to a new DIGIC 5+ image processor, leads the company to predict noise levels that are roughly on par with the lower-res 60D for raw shooting. JPEG shooters, promises Canon, will see a "huge improvement" in image quality.

i´ll wait for the 7d mark II because of the CF card slot and the ability to use raw video.

Beware that if 7D mk II uses dual DIGIC 5+, Magic Lantern may not work on this. I have hope on 70D for its capability of UHS-1. The pity thing is we are not able to use HDMI for recording.  :wacko: