G85 successor to be announced next month?!

newfoundmass

• Super Members
3 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Is $1.2K with the 12-60mm kit lens again, but does anybody know what is the body only price??

Its £899 body only in the UK and the 12-60 kit is £1079....so taking that 20% difference would equate to $999 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Not really a video powerhouse with the 8-bit 4-2-0. They could have increased the price slightly and atleast added 10-bit 4-2-0 internal. I noticed that it was named G99 in Japan, and suddenly realised we could be looking at a lower range camera, with much lower video specs.

It seems a little disappointing. 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Guys, don't raise too much your expectations.

The G85 was a GX85 in a "DSLR" body, better EVF, weather sealing, Dual IS 2, flip screen and mic input. The absence of the 6k Photo Mode, for me, tells that this camera is the same - a GX9 with the same improvements. Hence, the same 1,22x crop over the MFTs 2x crop, and the same video specs, same DFD AF.

Price will probably US$ 899 - clashes with the XT-30, which is arguably a better video camera; probably Panasonic will bet that IBIS and weather sealing will be enough.

Hope that I'm wrong, but after the LX200, I see Panasonic not spending a dime in reasearch for the new MFT cameras until the GH6.

As I said...Panasonic is so predictable.

Only added V-Log L, headphone jack and 1080p120. Same crop as the GX9 - stupid move, as 10bit modes, 4K60 and other better specs would be enough for segmentation  between this and the GH5 / G9. 

Will be a good camera, as the G80 was; but if you don't need weather sealing and/or IBIS, the XT-30 is a much better camera.