G85 successor to be announced next month?!

newfoundmass

3 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

I hope this isn’t the only thing they have for their NAB press event.

They're not going to release a G85 mk2 and a GH6 on the same day. 

I was going to suggest that maybe they'll release the GH6 at Photokina.....   but that got cancelled for 2019, and won't be next until 2020!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I was going to suggest that maybe they'll release the GH6 at Photokina.....   but that got cancelled for 2019, and won't be next until 2020!

I am not sure why they have it every year instead of every other year. Plus shortening the total numbers of days of exhibition too. Yearly seems like a short product cycle for flagship cameras like the GH series and others. Panasonic could announce the GH6 this year and release it sometime next year, to ensure that its customers don't move away from M43. 

13 hours ago, IronFilm said:

They're not going to release a G85 mk2 and a GH6 on the same day. 

Oh yes, I would doubt it. I was hoping for new firmware release for GH5S for example or word on maybe ProRes Raw via HDMI for the S or some news about release of the 10-25 f1.7.

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post it, but I keep it short:

Auto ISO in manual mode!

Today I discovered something new to me, which I've not seen on the internet yet. I want to record UHD movies, but with control over aperture and shutter speed AND in auto ISO, while monitoring what's going on while recording. Normal manual video mode does NOT allow this. It only allows manual ISO if you want to retain control over both aperture and shutter speed.

However I'm thrilled to discover that in 4kphoto mode I can have full manual control AND AUTO ISO, and all these numbers actually show up on screen, and stay on screen change WHILE recording. sadly the exposure compensation does not work in combination.

Are you guys aware of this?

BTW I'm looking for an affordable underwater housing and dome port, but there is only an Ikelight housing costing me over €2000,-. Do you know of something cheaper, otherwise I'm motivated to save up for a 2nd hand GH5 and buy the much more affordable seafrogs /meikon housing for it. - Still a heavy investment for me

Yes I'm looking forward to the G90, I hope they get rid of the crop in video, and add auto iso + exposure compensation in manual  video mode. Oh and a linear manual focus with a number and focal range when using (presetting) manual focus. Also I like to 'design' my own display because there is either too much or not the right information on it. A waveform monitor instead of a histogram.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Cas1 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post it, but I keep it short:

Auto ISO in manual mode!

Today I discovered something new to me, which I've not seen on the internet yet. I want to record UHD movies, but with control over aperture and shutter speed AND in auto ISO, while monitoring what's going on while recording. Normal manual video mode does NOT allow this. It only allows manual ISO if you want to retain control over both aperture and shutter speed.

However I'm thrilled to discover that in 4kphoto mode I can have full manual control AND AUTO ISO, and all these numbers actually show up on screen, and stay on screen change WHILE recording. sadly the exposure compensation does not work in combination.

Are you guys aware of this?

BTW I'm looking for an affordable underwater housing and dome port, but there is only an Ikelight housing costing me over €2000,-. Do you know of something cheaper, otherwise I'm motivated to save up for a 2nd hand GH5 and buy the much more affordable seafrogs /meikon housing for it. - Still a heavy investment for me

Yes I'm looking forward to the G90, I hope they get rid of the crop in video, and add auto iso + exposure compensation in manual  video mode. Oh and a linear manual focus with a number and focal range when using (presetting) manual focus. Also I like to 'design' my own display because there is either too much or not the right information on it. A waveform monitor instead of a histogram.

Cheers.

The workaround I use is to have a manual aperture lens mounted, and then go to shutter priority mode. This way you control the aperture on the lens, shutter on the camera and set the ISO to auto.

Unfortunately this doesn't work with any of native lenses :(

Below are the leaks specs and along with the leaked side shot of the camera we can see that a headphone jack was added and the Mic moved out of the way of the screen.  Along with the additional of V-log L it looks like Panasonic has focused more on video with this release.  The only thing missing is 4k/60p.

https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2019/04/dc-g99.html

LUMIX DC-G90 / G95 / G99

Effective pixel count 20.3M pixel Live MOS sensor, low pass filterless

5-axis Dual IS 2, camera shake correction effect for 5 stages

Unlimited 4K30p / Full HD Movies

V-log L is pre-installed

2.36 million dots organic EL LVF, finder magnification 0.74 times

3.0 type vari-angle touch panel monitor

Dust and drip proof

Equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

Size: 130.4 x 93.5 x 77.4 mm

Weight: about 536 g

Domestic release date: May 23, 2019

Kit: Body, high magnification zoom lens kit (overseas standard zoom kit is also available)

panasonic_2.jpg

V-log pre installed is very interesting. Wonder what the crop will be in 4K, if anything? 

If this is under $1000 it's a winner, imo. There isn't enough for me to upgrade from my G85 as a b-cam, at least not right away, but it's a great mid range camera. 4K60 would've been nice though, even if they had to limit it to 30 minutes for heating reasons (though I suspect it's limit has more to do with not wanting to hurt the GH5/GH6.) 

The lack of 4K60 here though does make me wonder if we'll only be getting 4k60 out of the GH6, though HFR options might add 120 similar to how it is in Full FD. 

8 hours ago, hoodlum said:

Below are the leaks specs and along with the leaked side shot of the camera we can see that a headphone jack was added and the Mic moved out of the way of the screen.  Along with the additional of V-log L it looks like Panasonic has focused more on video with this release.  The only thing missing is 4k/60p.

https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2019/04/dc-g99.html

LUMIX DC-G90 / G95 / G99

Effective pixel count 20.3M pixel Live MOS sensor, low pass filterless

5-axis Dual IS 2, camera shake correction effect for 5 stages

Unlimited 4K30p / Full HD Movies

V-log L is pre-installed

2.36 million dots organic EL LVF, finder magnification 0.74 times

3.0 type vari-angle touch panel monitor

Dust and drip proof

Equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

Size: 130.4 x 93.5 x 77.4 mm

Weight: about 536 g

Kit: Body, high magnification zoom lens kit (overseas standard zoom kit is also available)

I think Panasonic panicked with the release of the XT3. This is like a mini GH5 with (I am guessing) 10-bit 4-2-0 (instead of 4-2-2) video. It has unlimited video recording and VLog. Unfortunately it is still VLog L, which means the GH6 will be the first M43 camera to get the Full VLog. I hope the HD bitrate is good. The weather sealing is a great addition even if the body doesn't seem to be very metallic. I am guessing the new lens is also weather sealed. This has to be cheaper than the XT3. So I am guessing $1099 or lower. If it is $999 I could pick up two instead of a more expensive new system (S1?), with much bigger body and a lot more expensive lenses. Hopefully the stills burst mode has been improved along with tracking too. This has IBIS as an advantage over the XT3. But that had probably much better autofocus in photo and video, along with better low light. 

PS: I noticed on 43rumors.com, that this has Dual Card slots. I am right. Panasonic panicked with the release of the XT3. That one really is a video monster. And pretty capable with Photography too. It also probably means that Panasonic won't be abandoning M43 after all. Good news. 

panasonic_3.jpg

11 hours ago, hoodlum said:

V-log L is pre-installed

Pre installed V Log means I have my fingers crossed it will have 10 bit??

11 hours ago, hoodlum said:

Perfect timing for my birthday!

4 hours ago, sanveer said:

PS: I noticed on 43rumors.com, that this has Dual Card slots. I am right. Panasonic panicked with the release of the XT3. That one really is a video monster. And pretty capable with Photography too. It also probably means that Panasonic won't be abandoning M43 after all. Good news. 

Holy crap, really, two cards?

Makes me worry for what its price will be! :-o

The G95 has been released now (as I imagine many has already noticed). It seems like an excellent budget camera, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't really have any significant feature the GH5 doesn't have. No 10 bit option either, so I wonder how that's going to work with VlogV: https://***URL removed***/news/1749743183/panasonic-lumix-dc-g95-g90-features-a-20mp-sensor-weather-resistant-body-and-built-in-v-logl

This was the most informational video I could find so far: 

Camera announced. 1.25x crop, SD card recording is 4:2:0 8-bit. V-LogL is installed. Everything else looks really nice though. Only 1 card slot.

US$1200 with the 12-60/3.5-5.6.

Oh and for stills, there seems to be Live View Composite now?

It's out!

Key Specifications:

• 20MP Four Thirds CMOS sensor
  • 9 fps shooting with AF-S, 6 fps with AF-C
  • UHD 4K at 30 and 24p (25p for the G90)
  • Unlimited video capture (up to capacity of card)
  • Headphone and Mic sockets
  • V-LogL gamma profile (8-bit only)
  • L. Monochrome D (high-contrast mono mode)
  • 4K Photo mode with auto marking and sequence composition
  • Live View Composite mode for multi-shot long exposure images

https://***URL removed***/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dc-g95-g90-review-in-progress