INFO: ADVANCED 2X CINEMASCOPE ANAMORPHOT

JohnBarlow

This is advance pre-press release information

A completely re-built and re-engineered precision optic. The photo below shows a prototype.

Preliminary Specification**:
  • super sharp anamorphot utilising optics that won Schneider Kreuznach Academy Awards for technical achievement
  • 4 K aquisition friendly
  • focal range from 0.75 metre to infinity, without dioptres
  • large 50mm rear optic port
  • 2X aesthetic, stunning blue flares and 2X oval bokeh
  • support for Flex-eDrive* focussing accessory
  • supports lenses from 40mm (APS-C) for 2.35:1 format
  • supports lenses from 30mm (APS-C) for 2.35:1 format via Canon RAW 4:3 crop modes 
  • lens support for 15mm rod/rail systems included, for quick lens change and assured vertical alignment
  • suitable for manual, auto focus and rotating-front-element lenses
  • push on lens shade included, easily removeable
  • 77mm filter thread included

* Flex-eDrive is a planned product which functions as a flexible drive shaft to permit manual or motorised focus via stepper/servo control

** Specifications subject to change and improvement

Initially a small batch will be made with follow up demonstration videos.

If you would like to register your interest in this product and be placed on the mailing list, please visit my web page (under construction) and click the contact button.

I will use relevant questions to formulate a FAQ support page.

June 2013 John Barlow

Supporting the Indy Film Maker

RECTILUX%20No5S.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The first batch have been booked with the Precision Engineering company for next month. They have quoted 4-5 weeks for delivery. Then after delivery, they have to be assembled and aligned at my facility. Then, I will shoot some footage and the first people to place orders will be served first.

I will not accept any purchase orders until the first batch are in my hands, tested and I can substantiate my claims.

When I have the footage the whole world will know about it :)

• 5 weeks later...
I have an update bulletin on Rectilux No 5.

The last weeks have been spent dismantling the first batch of lenses to harvest the very special Schneider glass which is a process not to be undertaken lightly.

I have prepared the parts for modification/fabrication and yesterday delivered the parts with the CAD files to the precision engineering facility.

The precision engineers have given a 4-5 week estimate for completion.of the first batch.

After this period the lenses will be assembled, precision aligned and tested. Each one will undergo a testing procedure in line with my policy on quality control. 

Pricing will be available after the first batch is tested, when I will have the full costs including BOM and labour actuals on the spreadsheet.

The testing procedure will be quite thorough (alas, no drop tests!!) and I request that should you have any specific test you would like to see happen, just contact me before the end of August.

The end of August should be an exciting time, if all goes well and to plan.

Then there is Rectilux No8............(more later)

• 2 months later...
Hi Everyone,

I have an update bulletin on Rectilux No 5.
The last weeks have been spent performing mechanical tests on the first batch which came back from the precision 
engineers and some minor adjustments were found to be required in line with my policy on quality control. 

The exciting news I have to report is that I have revised the specification above upwards so that the minimum focus is now 0.75m. Thus the focus range is 0.75m to INF without any need for dioptres. I repeat NO DIOPTRES required.

From early optical testing, I found that a minimum focus of 0.75m was achievable with a 1.8/50mm back lens at F1.8. 
Furthermore this minimum focus is so sharp that a page of ariel text pt size10 is showing focus peaking at 10x LCD 
magnification even with the sharpness and contrast on the camera turned to the minimum, which means that 4k video 
resolution is perfectly achievable throughout the focal and aperture range.

When the mechanical changes have been implemented by the precision engineers, I will embark on more formal testing 
and provide samples.