Stills from my Anamorphic shoot this evening

Caleb Genheimer

Here are some stills from footage I shot this evening. I'll probably use it in the music visual for a song that I am writing.

Shot on GH2 with Driftwood's Moon T5 patch, through a Kowa 16-H, Tokina ATX 0.4 diopter and a Konica Hexanon 40mm, mostly wide open at f1.8.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68917223@N05/sets/72157634273204895

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I will certainly check out that lens. Believe it or not, I'm becoming increasingly less worried with getting wide on my GH2. I love the full 3.55:1 ratio of 2X anamorphic, which gets plenty wide even with the 40mm, and I like its ability to feel wide and spacious while at the same time maintaining a tight-in intimacy on people's faces. I think my next lens needs to be a good and fast 50mm.

I like the Fujinon 55mm f1,8 in m42 screw mount

its cheap under $50 on ebay and very very sharp

I use this lens alot with my Carl Zeiss ,Bausch and Lombs , Iscos and Schneider Anamorphic lenses

it also flares nicely hnd has great bokeh - highly recomended!

Also the Carl Zeiss 80mm f2.8 Biometar is a stunning lens very very sharp

flares very nicely and superb colours and contrast and bokeh

I did a shoot last week only took a couple stills, but they are still fun.  Used the lomo square front 2x 50mm attachment with the Helios 44-2 58mm f.2 with the 5dmk3.  Stills become quite awesome while using the 5dmk3 while shooting raw...  Orginal image is 5.7k, and then when stretched becomes 11.2K!!!!  you can put that on a side of a bus natively!!  Thought it was super cool, so im sharing...