A7siii autofocus

Mako Sports

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

When the A6400 was released and first AF videos showed its performance, I said it was definitely equal or better than DPAF. Some people here laughed. This direct comparison might make them think a little more.

A7S3 will match or beat the A6400 for sure as there is no way on earth the future Flagship performs less than the old entry level. 

The latest Canon bodies are crap, and Sony is really trying to work on their issues/critics at each body release (V3 of A7 line saw massive body improvements, battery life and so on). On top they exceed competition in performance even where they were behind like AF. 

22 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

Really hoping the A7siii has the same or similar video af system to the A6400/A9

Dpaf got bodied in this test ? 

Both cameras may be at f4 but the larger sensor on the full frame camera means there is more OOF blur. So it isn't a direct comparison. That doesn't mean the Sony AF isn't amazing, and the ability to pick up faces when they are a long way back and moving fast is pretty impressive.

16 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

A6400 autofocus, 4K 60, and Venice color is what i'm hoping for. I don't even care if its 10 bit internal. 

I think 10 bit will really help to make log more usable. I really think they'll put it in the A7S2, I can't see them letting panasonic one up them.

11 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I understood that part :)

You seemed to indicate the A7S3 will hypothetically not have usable auto focus. What I was trying to say is the A6400 auto focus is already more than usable and its logical to conclude it will be in the A7S3.