The right Sigma 18-35mm for my Metabones Spedbooster Ultra

Jirej Productions Ltd

Good day
Anyone here use the Sigma 18-35?
i'm new to mirrorless/dslr videography, but i  bought the Panasonic GH5 this week and i also bought the Metabones Speedbooster EF-MFT ULTRA 0.71x with the Sigma 18-35mm and the Tokina 11-16, but for some reason the Sigma lens isn't fitting on the speedbooster, it seems like the Sigma mount is too small, but the Tokina lens fits perfectly... this is the description of the sigma lens i bought (**Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8 DC HSM A (Art) EF Mount Lens For Canon APS-C Sensor DSLRS**) and from my observation the Tokina & Sigma mounts and pin configuration looks slightly different.. i'm attaching pictures of both lens mount.

Sigma and Tokina lens side by side.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It looks like your 18-25 might be a Sigma SA mount lens, perhaps mislabeled as Canon EF by the seller.

(Based on looking up pictures of lens mounts, I don't actually have the lens in SA mount)

I found this page which has a detailed pic of an SA mount http://conurus.com/forum/sigma-sa-mount-thread-t266-15.html?sid=90c0074805e17063cfbc549a5315e1b0

1 hour ago, KnightsFan said:

It looks like your 18-25 might be a Sigma SA mount lens, perhaps mislabeled as Canon EF by the seller.

(Based on looking up pictures of lens mounts, I don't actually have the lens in SA mount)

I found this page which has a detailed pic of an SA mount http://conurus.com/forum/sigma-sa-mount-thread-t266-15.html?sid=90c0074805e17063cfbc549a5315e1b0

It looks that way to me too.

• Super Members

Its definitely an SA mount.

If it is a used one and you can't get a refund/exchange then you will be able to sell it on without too much loss as it is a very popular lens for SD Quattro owners.

Sigma themselves offer a permanent mount change service but the price of this went up not so long ago and it is now more expensive than any loss you'll take selling it and re-buying another used one in EF mount.