Fujifilm Confident in APSC

thebrothersthre3

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The approach of skipping FF and having APS-C and Medium Format is an interesting one.  Just wait a decade when everyone wants Medium Format video and all the FF companies will be behind the 8-ball and Fuji will have been there with lenses for a decade!

I have no idea how much of this video is due to it being a MF camera and how much is colour science, but it looks just great to my eyes:

3 hours ago, kye said:

The approach of skipping FF and having APS-C and Medium Format is an interesting one.  Just wait a decade when everyone wants Medium Format video and all the FF companies will be behind the 8-ball and Fuji will have been there with lenses for a decade!

APS-C is still vastly outselling any "halo" FF product line, so most consumers don't even want or need FF as of now. Kudos to Fuji to committing to them. Let the PROs pay out of their pocket for the premium bigger sensors.

I think it the perfect balance (rather than compromise) between m4/3 and FF so is my personal choice and has been for 7-8 years now.

Some call for Fuji to become a FF player but why swim in the big pond when you can be a big fish in the smaller ponds.

Smaller ponds which are not so small as some folks originally thought!

7 hours ago, kye said:

I have no idea how much of this video is due to it being a MF camera and how much is colour science, but it looks just great to my eyes:

That camera has a 54x40mm sensor, the fuji is closer to Fullframe having a 44x33mm Sensor 

So there are like 3 sensor sizes for APS-C (Canon with the 1.5x crop and Fuji, Nikon, Pentax and Sony with their 1.5x crop and the APS-A experiment of Canon with the 1.3x crop), and a few for Medium Format (and apparently the Sony fabrication of their A7 line has lesser width and breadth than 36mmx24mm too). And the Nikon D850 has shown that the difference between Full Frame and Medium Format (atleast for the Fujifilm GFX 50S vs Hasselblad X1D-50c vs Pentax 645Z) isn't that great, especially with smaller sized medium format sensors  But then Nikon also has an APS-C camera that outperforms many FullFrame cameras (especially from Canon). So it isn't purely about Full Frame or Medium Format or APS-C.  I won't be surprised if an M43 camera within the next year or so actually has 14 stops of Dynamic Range with 14-bit RAW images. It's very likely. 

18 minutes ago, sanveer said:

So there are like 3 sensor sizes for APS-C (Canon with the 1.5x crop and Fuji, Nikon, Pentax and Sony with their 1.5x crop and the APS-A experiment of Canon with the 1.3x crop), and a few for Medium Format (and apparently the Sony fabrication of their A7 line has lesser width and breadth than 36mmx24mm too). And the Nikon D850 has shown that the difference between Full Frame and Medium Format (atleast for the Fujifilm GFX 50S vs Hasselblad X1D-50c vs Pentax 645Z) isn't that great, especially with smaller sized medium format sensors  But then Nikon also has an APS-C camera that outperforms many FullFrame cameras (especially from Canon). So it isn't purely about Full Frame or Medium Format or APS-C.  I won't be surprised if an M43 camera within the next year or so actually has 14 stops of Dynamic Range with 14-bit RAW images. It's very likely. 

We're about due for the GH6....

4 hours ago, kye said:

We're about due for the GH6....

I hope Panasonic gives it the same video capabilities as the S1 (in terms of video dynamic range and also usable ISO upto 12800). Cinema5d.com was claiming the usable ISO on the S1 is upto ISO30,000 which is insane. That's probably very close the A7sii range.

Panasonic also needs new and better flavours of VLog (no L version) and h.265. And atleast 1 stop improvement in video dynamic range and 1/2 for photos, plus 14-bit raw/Raw/RAW. Video autofocus in the S7iii territory, good high speed burst performance, 240fps video and a slightly larger screen (3.5 inches?). Video quality should be noticeably better than the Fuji XT3. 

And keep the price at 2k and not increase it.