Moller Anamorphot 32/2x on a real world...

Francisco Rios

• 8 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just found a super low price on one of these, so I'm about to join the club! This has some beautiful shots in it, so epic! Reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Assassination of Jesse James. I noticed a few misaligned shots in it, is it hard to line up in live view? Shot anything else with it recently?

JG

Hi JG, Isn't at all difficult to aligned. These time was my first shot with Moller, so I got my first experience and sometime I got hurry to shot and misaligned some shots. My adaptor is a crap...You need a good one to handle better.
Here are 4 more videos with Moller...

Best regards.

Oh yes i particularly loved the BAJO EL ARCE / Tren de Antilhue video, very nice feel.

I see that in order to show of the anamorphic feel and gain the benefit over cropping, you need some depth to the shot and, preferably things at many levels of distance, that seems to really help!

• 2 weeks later...

I have this in action now, after a bit of customisation (and help from 3M's wonderful sticky things) I've got myself up and running without too much hassle. Dual focus is not as impractical as I thought now I'm actually using it! Takes some practice to get the best from lenses though.

The orange flares from mine are awesome. It has a purple multi-coat, but still flares in a special way. Expect some footage soon!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Love the shot @3:52,  reminds me of a Clint Eastwood movie (Pale Rider?)

I've just completed a relube of my 32/2x, now its silky smooth focus and I am waiting for good weather to put it through its paces.

@FR what is the maximum focal length you have tried with this lens?

No problem...
Exported from premiere with exactly sequence settings.
The setting are prores hq 1920x1080 24p. On scale did apply 50% to get 3.55 aspect.
Transcode with compressor to h.264 .On compressor go to QuickTime ajust and select the last one QuickTime h264. Only change and limit to 7000 kbits/s , audio to 44.100 and then transcode. This clip was uploaded to vimeo.
Hope it helps.
Cheers.

Ah thank you! I was just wondering, as sometimes I've uploaded a 2.39:1 clip (1920 by 802) and it's played back stretched to 16:9  :wacko:

Is your final video 3.55:1 and Vimeo just keeps it that way?

That sounds weird. I have uploaded a few @ 3.56 (exported @ 1920 x 540) and they stayed at that aspect ratio on Vimeo.