projector to lens ratio

leslie

ok so i been thinking... i see a lot of anamorphic projector lenses for sale on ebay.

it makes me wonder why there isn't a similar amount of anamorphic cameras lenses for sale ? the ratios seem really one sided, is it just me ? or weren't there as many people shooting anamorphic everyone was just watching perhaps? my elmoscope  was made for 8mm or 16mm projection seems odd to me there isn't a 8mm or 16mm camera lens out there to match it

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

All I know is that I missed a posting last week for a Yashica 8mm camera with anamorphic lens all for 25$. It was a 1 1/2  drive away and was gone the next day! It appeared to be in the original box- pristine. 

The ratio is skewed. Hollywood held the vast majority of the anamorphic shooting. but the projectors needed the lenses for proper screening of the films. Since Hollywood exports American culture to the whole world, endless theaters had to have their projectors capable of anamorphic screening.

This is a poorly written sentence. I just woke up. But you get the idea, right?

16 hours ago, Tito Ferradans said:

The ratio is skewed. Hollywood held the vast majority of the anamorphic shooting. but the projectors needed the lenses for proper screening of the films. Since Hollywood exports American culture to the whole world, endless theaters had to have their projectors capable of anamorphic screening.

This is a poorly written sentence. I just woke up. But you get the idea, right?

yeah i follow you. its a shame it is, more actual camera lenses would be awesome :)