EOSHD GH2 (and GF2) patches refreshed, now with 1080/25p support

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[html]

[img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/gh2-patch-vault.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault"]Download the patches from the GH2 Patch Vault here[/url]

I’ve now finished testing and have refreshed the EOSHD GH2 Patch Vault with my latest patches. These are now simplified into just two – a high performance AVC Intra 88 Mbit EOSHD Unified patch and a 44 Mbit EOSHD Vanilla patch. I’ve also added an updated installation guide which is designed to be as simple and as to-the-point as possible.

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/content/7242/eoshd-gh2-and-gf2-patches-refreshed-now-with-108025p-support/"]Read full article[/url]

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've downloaded the patches and don't fully understand the activation table.
For the vanilla patch the HBR is not mentioned, does that mean the patch (44mbits), is not applied here?
Also, if I shoot in manual mode 1080i FSH will the 44mbits apply?
Cheers, Rob

Hi Andrew, I have a question, I went to the link you have for the new official firmware and it sent me to Personal View where you posted the old firmware a wile ago. Maybe I 've got it all rong, I am new to GH2 and the hack.
By the way I've got your guide and I love it, thank you for your great work.
I will appreciate if you can guide me on this one.
One more question, I have my camera with the previous firmware hacked, I am happy with it, I used  the 176mbit patch from your book, I uploaded the clips on 5DtoRGB to see the bit rate and it tells me that the ones I shoot with 24H  are 70.10 and the 24L ones 74.76,  I am cool with this, is far better than out of the box, so...
Is it worth it for me to change to the hacked new firmware???
Thank you for your help

In the patch vault it says:
AVCHD 1080/30/25/24p
    44 Mbit variable bitrate
    "AVCHD 720p/60/50p at 44Mbit"
    Maximum ISO to 12,800
    MJPEG Anamorphic 2x 4:3 at 70Mbit 1920×720/30p
    All menu languages
    No 29 minute clip length limit.

But when the patch is applied it seems like there is no settings for 720p/60/50p. Is it or do we have to apply some settings by ourself? By the way, thanks for this awesome site :)

My wife and I have been looking at buying the GF2 for a little while now due to its low cost. The one thing I have not seen cleared up is if the Panasonic firmware v1.1 should actually be installed on the GF2 [b]before[/b] loading the hacked firmware, or only use the Panasonic firmware v1.1 as a way to create the hack. Thanks for your help and I will be donating to the hack site. This stuff is just amazing!

I had the original 1.1 already installed in the GH2. Do i first have to go back to version 1? (original) The camera does not see the firmware/hack (1.1 with Vanilla patch) and it does not install.  :( Please advise. Thanks. (btw, great job Andrew. Thank you)

I'm interested in knowing as well (w/ questions from unconsenting and wilco73).  Once we create the patch in the SD card, do we put the card in the camera and press play button and let it do it's work?  I just purchased mine today, and I can't wait.

Driftwood's been upping the ante with crazy gop settings and Intra Matricies!  What do these patches use for gop and are they intraframe...I'm not sure what the matrix thing is anyway.  I do know that I"m impressed by the Quantum X2 rocket V3, even more so than the last GOP3 stuff that wasn't much better than Intraesting.  So I just was curious how the new unified compares to Rocket v3.  Anyone please answer, have to stop this itch on my brain.  :P

[quote author=plochmann link=topic=345.msg2156#msg2156 date=1330739686]
Driftwood's been upping the ante with crazy gop settings and Intra Matricies!  What do these patches use for gop and are they intraframe...I'm not sure what the matrix thing is anyway.  I do know that I"m impressed by the Quantum X2 rocket V3, even more so than the last GOP3 stuff that wasn't much better than Intraesting.  So I just was curious how the new unified compares to Rocket v3.  Anyone please answer, have to stop this itch on my brain.  :P
[/quote]

Nick sums up his patches in the first post of this thread:

[url=http://tiny.cc/33nuu]http://tiny.cc/33nuu[/url]

Best motion and easiest editing is a GOP1 hack, but they can be brutal on memory cards.

Orion is the tops now for quality because of its CBR but the file sizes are large. 

Just load and test - there really is no "perfect" patch - they all have their uses.  Quantum, Flowmotion, Cake, and EOSHDs patches being the most popular.

Hi Andrew I've just rush into installing your 25p 88 patch !
I have carefully followed the 10 steps
First I have notice something weird, I'm not sure the original firmware you have linked is 1.1 ...
so when I have installed the patch on GH2 I lost "HBR" mode...

So I tried again using the official 1.1 bin I have stored in my computer.
I applied your patch (ini) using Ptools.
I now have HBR mode + ISO up to 12 800 so I think everything seems ok !

However I first couldn't read the video I shot on GH2 ("unable to read movie" warning)
now I have switch on once again and It works? weird

When you mention Class 10 SDHC card do you mean 95 Mo/sec cards?
I have just bought SandDisk Class 10 yesterday (Extreme) and I now figure out that it's only 30 Mo/sec (compared to Extreme Pro that is 95 Mo/sec)
Do you think 95 Mo is requiere to handle 88 bitrate (sorry if that sound stupid or naïve)

Thank you.

Hello, a couple of problems I could do with help on:

I just installed this patch - and recorded a test sequence. I had trouble though when transcoding - I transcoded it through 'Clip Wrap' to Pro Res - but on playback of the Pro Res file the movie stalled with a frozen frame near the end of a 5 min clip - the clip kept playing, but only with a frozen frame.

(I also tried to import the test directly into final cut pro - to transcode to pro res, but it only seems to recognise it as AVCHD and converts them interlaced - I had thought the files would be AVC INTRA.. ? )

I played the original mts file in VLC player and it is fine. I tried another clip and clip wrap crashed.

I also now want to return to original firmware - but this is proving very difficult. I put the firmware V11 bin file back on a newly formatted SD card - but the camera isn't interested in it. I also incremented it to V12 in the hope it would recognise a more recent firmware - but it doesn't. Can anyone explain how to do this? I hope I am stuck not being able to return to the original firmware...

Thank you very much

Best Mark