Is Panasonic customer service terrible, or is it just me and my toaster oven?

kaylee

ok, now, no one needs to make fun of me on this one, ok guys?

So I bought a $120 toaster from amazon... insane, right? Who the f needs a $120 toaster? I’m poor, not me!!! Well, it was HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by a friend who cooks a ton, and the reviews on Amazon were amazing, so I went ahead and did it...!

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NB-G110P-FlashXpress-Infrared-Removable/dp/B008C9UFDI

the first month was really something — toasting up a storm. But THEN, a week after my Amazon 1 month return window expired, A PIECE OF TOAST FELL through the grate onto the bottom heating element, and now it’s all messed up!! burnt toast matter on the light bulb like heating element... tried to clean it ???

Dealing with Panny has been absurd — anybody else had to deal with Panny customer service before?

- they’re closed when they’re supposed to be open

- chatbot wanted to fix the screen on my toaster

- I am finding this tiresome

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As a general rule of thumb, most stuff that costs under a few hundred dollars should be treated as disposable. It is too expensive to fix, and if the manufacturer does not provide you with a prepaid RMA, too expensive to exchange. A warranty is pretty much worthless if it costs almost as much as a new one to ship it back to them.

Just go and buy a new one.

• Super Members
38 minutes ago, kaylee said:

So I bought a $120 toaster from amazon... insane, right? 

If its any consolation I spent £250 on a Dualit toaster about 10 years ago.

I gifted it to my daughter along with a bunch of other kitchen appliances when she moved in to her new apartment last year.

I asked a few weeks later how she was getting on with this iconic bread heating masterpiece only to discover she had thrown it out because "it looked old fashioned".

This keen appreciation of design classics also means she refers to my Billingham Hadley Pro bag as a satchel.

I blame her mother.

I had a similar experience with Panasonic India who were unable to repair a camera (GX85). Panasonic Australia were confident they could repair it, and they apparently did (or attempted to hoodwink me), sending the camera with the same problem back and making it worse. So basically because I bought a camera in Australia, and moved to India, and so I was stuck with a camera that couldnt be repaired (the camera had some issues with the sensor within the first few weeks itself, which apparently eas a common problem with the GX85 cameras). Finally Diamond Cameras (in their generosity) sent me a Replacement Unit because Panasonic were SO INCOMPETENT, that they couldn't repair their OWN camera across 2 different countries/ continents.

Panasonic is a little like Ford Motors in that way. Their after sales can be pretty crappy. They have some great products (I find their air conditions to be in Daikin territory). But after this experience I am not too sure I would buy Panasonic products. Even if they gave them to me for free. Or maybe I would sell them if I got them free, and let someone else curse them ?