NX1 S mode timelapse

CyclingBen

I haven’t used the NX1 much for personal use. Now that it’s been liberated from work I’ve been testing it out on one of my passions, shooting the northern lights and a few days ago tried the light trails mode.  

Whatever voodoo Samsung put in this camera makes it shoot perfect northern light photos with this setting, without having to do anything but point the camera in the right direction.

However I cannot find a way to make the intervolameter in the ‘s’ mode work at all. Do any of you know if there is a menu I’m missing or if there is a work around? 

Since the NX1 will automatically make a 4K  video in camera I’d love to set it up every night for the next month while the aurora activity is high and hopefully capture the lights without really having to think about it.

i can’t recommend using the light trails mode enough for the northern lights (or southern lights coming up in a few months). Every and I mean every shot is perfectly exposed and the colors are incredible.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, CyclingBen said:

I’m not using the shutter priority mode, sorry that was possibly confusing. The S or Samsung special mode on the dial, it has a whole bunch of speciality shot options like the light trace and the baseball swing detection.

ah that mode, gotcha. Will give it a try sometime for night photography. 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:26 PM, CyclingBen said:

Whatever voodoo Samsung put in this camera makes it shoot perfect northern light photos with this special setting mode, without having to do anything but point the camera in the right direction.

Excellent suggestion CyclingBen.  Thank you for your insight