Feeling betrayed by Nikon.

Maccam

On 3/4/2019 at 9:08 PM, mercer said:

That’s true, something is better than nothing but you can get 5-axis with those lenses on a Sony. So if the a7s iii has the goods, then why even mess around with a Nikon camera for my Nikon lenses...?

Well because a camera isn't defined by whether it has 3-axis or 5-axis IBIS. Some cameras don't have any IBIS at all. A camera is the sum of its parts & e.g. the superior ergonomics or IQ of the Nikon might outweigh other considerations

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Betrayed seems like a harsh assessment - its a shortcoming you'll just have to decide if you can live with, there were certain to be some hiccups with adapting F-mount lenses. Its not like they pretend PDAF doesn't exist (Panasonic), or IBIS (Canon), or anything beyond 8-bit 4:2:0 (Sony) and so on. It took Sony 3 generations to sort most of its issues and they still can't get everything right (touchscreens, video bitrates). If the Z6/7 were released a year earlier - I'd be shooting Nikon instead of Sony right now. Every time I pick one up my kit and my credit card starts to shake in fear. I love the ergos and the video options are just amazing, but the AF just isn't there yet for me. Hopefully the gap between Gen 1 & 2 isn't as long as the d800-d850 wait.

Chris

On 3/6/2019 at 3:33 AM, TheRealOG said:

Y'all should be grateful Nikon even bothered to compete with anyone. Out of the Canikon duo, they are the only legacy company that threw all of its resources to mirrorless. They added IBIS, better EVF, 4k 30, 120FPS slow motion, 10-bit externally, possibly raw, they even built an adapter. If it wasn't for the X-T3, they would be in the same league as the A7iii. People pine over the EOS R, but they don't give a flying spaghetti monster of reaching their potential at that price point. Canon is crippled city! 

The Nikon Z6 is already ahead of the Sony a7 mk3

And yeah, people don't give Nikon enough credit for what they've done! (both now and in the past. Remember, Nikon started off this entire HDSLR craze!)

18 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

It took Sony 3 generations to sort most of its issues and they still can't get everything right (touchscreens, video bitrates).

Overheating....

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Don't forget about the D810....

Yeah but they bought out the D810 really quick because the focus problems on the D800 sucked ass, and they were afraid everyone would jump ship back to Canon. I doubt there would have Ever been a D810 if the D800 didn't have focus problems. I never wanted to buy a used D800 because I figured the reason it was for sale because it was a piece of shit focus wise. If I remember right the mirror box misalignment was the main problem. I think it was the first time they had used a plastic mirror box assembly instead of metal?