3C Cinema Camera Controller App for Pocket 4K - OFFICIAL LAUNCH

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

guess you have a big update to do now ?

No, I took a design decision early on to leave the codec and format selection to being set at the camera partly to keep to the single screen ethos but primarily for safety purposes.

If someone changes an aperture setting accidentally then its obvious and they can correct themselves but its not the same case with a change of format or codec so I decided something as potentially destructive as that is better left to be a consciously deliberate change that you have to use the camera menus for.

BRAW is already supported in the control spec though so its a 20 minute job to add a selector in the future if people want it.  

• Super Members

Version 1.2 will be released on Wednesday and includes a new mode for supporting for the Blackberry Key1/2 phones.

It might seem a quirky device to support but the combination of touch screen and physical keyboard is actually very nice in terms of controlling the camera.

Aside from being able to control the functions from the screen, the functions are also mapped to the physical keys on the phone and the rubber backing of the phone makes it more comfortable to hold.

When running 3C on the Key1/2 it defaults to portrait mode to make for more ergonomic one hand operation and/or narrower profile for mounting on a rig or gimbal handle.

Key1Collage_small.thumb.jpg.21df986780e9ea7206a8dcc41f531b31.jpg

• Super Members
Just now, Jonesy Jones said:

@BTM_Pix

Any plans to support iOS? I haven't looked through every post so not sure if you already talked about this but, I'm not so much an apple Fanboy but I really can't stand Android. I'm going to be picking up an iPad Mini in the near future and would love to be able to use it with my p4k.

The initial spark for it was to offer something for Android because there was (and still isn't) an official app from BM for it and also because the official one was iPad only which, again, didn't strike me as ideal form factor wise.

I still hold that view but as its developed quite a lot functionality wise during its evolution from being just an Android alternative then, perhaps, it might be something I would do if there is enough demand.

To be honest though, I still regard it as being something that I would view as running on a dedicated low cost Android device such as this one rather than "wasting" something more expensive on it like an iPhone 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIM-Free-Unlocked-Smartphones-,MTK6580-ShaQx/dp/B07KT9KM8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551731135

I agree regarding some aspects of the Android experience being less than enthralling (whilst acknowledging that iOS has its moments as well) but for something like this I'd view it as being a dedicated single function device that just happens to have Android underneath it.

The way to look at is if I didn't say it was an app but said would you like a touch screen bluetooth remote control device for your Pocket4K with an all day rechargeable battery for a total cost £55 then it would seem a different proposition ;) 

The upside to having it on Android is it makes it easier to accommodate other enhancements to it such as live view integration but also offers a future option to run it on small single board computers that can be put in more pro film making housings.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:44 AM, BTM_Pix said:

That is very kind of you to say so.

Lets reserve judgement on it until it's proven not to kill your phone, camera or nearby pets.

You can now follow us on Twitter @cda_tek and of course everyone re-tweeting the balls off it would be very welcome ;) 

Is that a possibility? What will happen to cat videos if the app wipes them out? How will new cameras be tested properly in the absence of cats?

• Super Members
22 minutes ago, ah5168 said:

Great app. Do you know if it will work with and Amazon Fire.

Thank you.

Yes, I have tested it on my Fire 7HD but of course you will need to put the Play Store on to your tablet to buy it.

If you haven't already put Play Store on it then there are plenty of step by step tutorials around to follow.

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

Have you ditched the Panasonic/Sony controller you were previously working on? 

No, it has morphed slighty into a Leica/Panasonic/Sony controller and will be available soon both as the pocket version here

1059700995_CDA-TEK-URC-003.jpg.bdb27504d0f48352f20cd575ed1aa080-02.thumb.jpeg.8796af95eeed0a6538552da9c1b6a394.jpeg

But also the larger version with focus wheel as shown here with the Pocket4K

DSC02654-2.thumb.jpg.bbd9eb18c7a0f0bbf799f1519d3ff97f.jpg

There will likely be a Wifi version of 3C for them as well.

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, icarrere said:

excuse my ignorance, but

I would prefer not to give my credit card or paypal to the smartphone (play store). Is it there any alternative?

I would say that your details are very secure with the Play store.

If you are in any doubt at all though, you can either buy a Play store voucher from PayPal which will give you a degree of separation or buy a Play store gift card from a physical shop.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/gifts/brands/google-play