3C Cinema Camera Controller App for Pocket 4K - OFFICIAL LAUNCH

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is news!

This forum should be proud of you, kudos for your endeavour!

I don't see why each single P4K user could ignore such release and not to order one, this app is absolutely mandatory! : )

Don't forget to spread the word out there, the industry needs to know you've launched it. We P4K shooters will praise it.

Nice to see that to happen here,

E : -)

• Super Members
10 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

This is news!

This forum should be proud of you, kudos for your endeavour!

I don't see why each single P4K user could ignore such release and not to order one, this app is absolutely mandatory! : )

Don't forget to spread the word out there, the industry needs to know you've launched it. We P4K shooters will praise it.

Nice to see that to happen here,

E : -)

That is very kind of you to say so.

Lets reserve judgement on it until it's proven not to kill your phone, camera or nearby pets.

You can now follow us on Twitter @cda_tek and of course everyone re-tweeting the balls off it would be very welcome ;) 

• Super Members
Just now, wyrlyn said:

Great work. How soon the liveview update coming, will it take weeks or months? What seperate driver should I buy? Thank you.

Thank you.

It will be a couple of months, likely June or July.

Just evaluating a few different components to get the best combination of price and latency.

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

Once I figured out how to get Bluetooth to connect it works seamlessly. Superb.

Now I need to get a cheap zoom/AF lens to play with. 

Highlight of the forum for a very long time.

Awww shucks.

Seriously, thank you very much for that, it is really very much appreciated.

The initial Bluetooth connection is complicated by the way the bonding is done by the camera so any wrangling is only the initial very first connection so it won't bother you again.

I hope you are running it on one of your fleet of RED Hydrogens ! 

• Super Members
10 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

Debating whether I dare post a picture taken with my iPhone of the Hydrogen controlling the P4k on h4vuser...  it might incur the wrath of the faithful few. 

Of course, I don't want to encourage you to do anything of the sort.

But I would absolutely piss myself laughing if you did ;)

Amazing job! I'm going to rent a P4k to take it for a spin, I'll be buying the app to support the community and your efforts. Push it to all the rumor sites like 43rumors and Mirrorless Rumors too. This should be on the front page of DPreview instead of some of the goofy Kickstarter projects they spotlight. Do you have an IG or Youtube page for this as well?

Cheers

Chris

• Super Members
6 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Amazing job! I'm going to rent a P4k to take it for a spin, I'll be buying the app to support the community and your efforts. Push it to all the rumor sites like 43rumors and Mirrorless Rumors too. This should be on the front page of DPreview instead of some of the goofy Kickstarter projects they spotlight. Do you have an IG or Youtube page for this as well?

Cheers

Chris

Thank you for the kind words and the support, it is very much appreciated.

Press releases have gone out to publications (print and online) so there should hopefully be some independent reviews for people to read soon.

Will be shooting some demo stuff later in the week for a YouTube/Instagram push.

I have a couple of goofy Kickstarter projects up my sleeve too that DPR can spotlight in the upcoming months ;)

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Thank you for the kind words and the support, it is very much appreciated.

Press releases have gone out to publications (print and online) so there should hopefully be some independent reviews for people to read soon.

Will be shooting some demo stuff later in the week for a YouTube/Instagram push.

I have a couple of goofy Kickstarter projects up my sleeve too that DPR can spotlight in the upcoming months ;)

There are Blackmagic facebook groups too, not sure if you've posted there yet, and of course BMCuser. Lots of places across the interweb to spread the message. Gotta get that blogger review hype like Sony with an Iceland junket, or maybe just get a bunch of them drunk. DPR seems to like Kickstarters that marry digital/analog tech, perhaps to can fuze a control tablet into an old tube amp.

Good luck!.

Chris

• Super Members
5 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

There are Blackmagic facebook groups too, not sure if you've posted there yet,

I've mentioned the app within earshot of my Amazon Echo so I'm presuming that has posted it on Facebook without my consent already.

5 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

DPR seems to like Kickstarters that marry digital/analog tech, perhaps to can fuze a control tablet into an old tube amp.

Ironically, this is the prototype of the Bluetooth Record/Stop control for the P4K that we have produced that will be going on Kickstarter and it does indeed appear to have been fashioned out of an old doorbell !

15b02289bd8411bfbdc997d11f4eb98ec45c00ab.thumb.jpg.92b2af936ce4b200da7b7d887189f17f.jpg

6 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

You can purchase 3C from the Play store here https://tinyurl.com/y5eyujeu

Also, there appears to be an issue with the url. I could be wrong, but it brings me back to this very page or the photos.

Wow. If you were in the same city, we could have taken a selfie together and I could have added another famous person I know to my short list ?

This is superb. Congrats and 

• Super Members
7 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Also, there appears to be an issue with the url. I could be wrong, but it brings me back to this very page or the photos.

I hope the app works better than my URL skills !

Fixed now 

http://tinyurl.com/y5eyujeu

8 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Wow. If you were in the same city, we could have taken a selfie together and I could have added another famous person I know to my short list ?

You'd need a wide angle to get my fat face in !

8 minutes ago, sanveer said:

This is superb. Congrats 

Thanks a lot.

I would definitely get this if I had Android, any chance you're planning on porting it for us fruit users?

Also, I assumed my camera had a busted Bluetooth chip as I could never get it to connect to my phone or iPad. Turns out, it doesn't show up in the settings and you need an app to connect through. Figured I'd post it here so others in the same position can get their connections connecting.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I would definitely get this if I had Android, any chance you're planning on porting it for us fruit users?

It started off as a project because BM didn't do an Android one themselves but I think it has probably expanded a lot in terms of functionality over the official (free) one to be of use to iOS users as well so its a possibility.

My feeling as well really was that because it doesn't need anything particularly powerful to run it on then buying something like this £40 phone would be a better route anyway than 'wasting' an expensive iOS device running it ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIM-Free-Unlocked-Smartphones-,MTK6580-ShaQx/dp/B07KT9KM8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551731135

Smart idea. Their official iOS app is iPad only. You have to go 3rd party of you want to use your phone (wut?)

I’m not sure if it’s possible on the camera, or if your interested in it, but it could be cool to add a frame grab button in the app so when you’re shooting in prores, you can also take stills mid shot. Would be handy if you have an assistant using the controller. 

Feel free to ignore that though. 

• Super Members
20 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I’m not sure if it’s possible on the camera, or if your interested in it, but it could be cool to add a frame grab button in the app so when you’re shooting in prores, you can also take stills mid shot. Would be handy if you have an assistant using the controller. 

Feel free to ignore that though. 

Unfortunately the camera doesn't support that but if they change it in the firmware then I'd be happy to include it.

Any form of still capture would be useful as far as I'm concerned because I don't know about anyone else but I find the shutter release for the stills grab to be recessed way too far to use  effectively without inducing movement.