Anyone shoot time-lapses?

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

FWIW, I like time lapse that has long shutter exposures.  The motion blur is nice.  

Me too.  I kind of cheat by using auto-SS for exposure but depending on your setup you can dial in the right SS using aperture and NDs and still get it to auto-meter if you're doing a night/day sequence.

Yeah I usually shoot with a very low SS, like 4. If there is nothing moving other than clouds though there is not much need. 

The latitude on the XT3 in RAW. I imagine I could do a midday to night without adjusting exposure and just bringing shadows and highlights up and down in post. Would have to get the best compromise exposure though. I usually just do sunset time lapses though. Its been too cold to sit outside for hours. I need to get my drone working! OliKMIA has inspired me. 

On 3/6/2019 at 12:37 AM, kye said:

I thought it was shutter variation but as I read your reply I think it might have been aperture variation as the camera opens and closes the aperture for every exposure.  I used a manual lens for the one I posted above and it didn't need deflickering,

my bad. your correct  its the aperture i meat to say not sure what my brain was thinking ?