npf970 plate with usb output

thephoenix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, androidlad said:

X-T3 can only be powered by USB with Power Delivery, that's 9V instead of regular 5V USB. You can only find PD on certain chargers and power banks.

thanks. that the end of the sublject then ?

so anyone knows a power bank that has pd and 12v for the bmpcc4k, so to buy one better have one that i can use with both xt3 and bmpcc4k

23 minutes ago, androidlad said:

X-T3 can only be powered by USB with Power Delivery, that's 9V instead of regular 5V USB. You can only find PD on certain chargers and power banks.

The XT3 can charge it's battery off a regular 5v usb power bank. I don't think it requires 9v.

• Super Members
16 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

now i would like ot find a simple way to fix it on a rig as there are no screw hole in all this power banks

This £7.50 set should give you enough flexibility to clamp the power bank securely and then use the screw thread onto a rig.

37417777_ScreenShot2019-03-03at21_07_42.png.b8210c11f8605d665810badeff848dde.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTEBIT-Adapter-compatible-17-35mm-Motorcycle/dp/B0784JNVCF/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1551643592

• Super Members
30 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

You have cheap 15mm rod adapters with screw too the issue is just that no mount on banks and the phones clamps i do not trust it might fall when moving fast

I'm not sure I follow ?

The clamp will go on the power bank instead of using a mount and as they are designed to clamp cameras to motorcycle handlebars they have a pretty firm grip.

An alternative is to use one like this, which again you would use the clamp to hole the power bank in.

720854068_ScreenShot2019-03-03at21_32_52.png.7734f30fa409b1e2677923435d371c23.png

Beyond that, you would be looking at making your own mount by either epoxying this to the power bank or, more preferably, taking the case off, screwing a hole through it to put it in so that the flat part is inside and then you tighten the first nut to secure it on the other side and then use the other nut to securely mount it to a cage or whatever else you are using.

119817642_ScreenShot2019-03-03at21_36_18.png.e1ce3664e880862db2415d81d3d6ce7b.png

Hmmm

Maybe but when it comes to power and especially electricity i wouldn't add some metal inside.

I guess the best would be to 3d print some kind of holder a bit like smallrig does for the samsung ssd

For the clamp first it takes too much space and second you will damage the bank 

• Super Members
1 minute ago, thephoenix said:

Hmmm

Maybe but when it comes to power and especially electricity i wouldn't add some metal inside.

Fair enough.

Just as an FYI though, the powerbanks are just varying amounts of cells so you would have to really try hard to come to any harm if you followed the same simple insulation practice that the manufacturer uses to the actual metal outer case itself.

7Lp0Qvs.thumb.jpg.ee1003c1138da30d162eff044f8967a2.jpg

I modded one like that for my nephew to use with his A6500 and he seems to be doing OK with it.

1669209860_ScreenShot2019-03-03at22_24_08.png.9b5a27f8e4fc14fed43fd2d0a59fc1d3.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, androidlad said:

If the green charging light is on while your camera is on, then it's a PD source. With regular 5V the green charging light goes off as soon as you turn on the camera.

I was on a 6 hour shoot today with the XT3 plugged into a 5v USB port.The green charging light was off the entire time as you say. After the shoot, I unplugged the camera and took ~60 photos without charging the battery. At the end of all of that,I still have a full battery (5 bars). For reference, it was down to 4/5 bars of battery after ~1.5 hours of shooting on a different day, when it was not plugged in.

So it appears that while the battery might not charge while the camera is on and plugged into 5v, it certainly does not drain as quickly.