BENQ PV270 and PV3200PT

mirekti

1 minute ago, androidlad said:

Set whatever value you find pleasing in Resolve. But you need to make sure you monitor is calibrated and maintained at 100nit.

sorry but why having monitors that can go to 300 nits if you can only go 100 ? i don't get it.

you mean i should lower the brightness of my monitor to 100 nits ? and how do i do that ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, thephoenix said:

sorry but why having monitors that can go to 300 nits if you can only go 100 ? i don't get it.

you mean i should lower the brightness of my monitor to 100 nits ? and how do i do that ?

Because there are colour space standards. And for BT.709, it's 100nit. For BT.2100 HDR, it's 1000nit.

PV270 can be calibrated by i1 Display Pro via 3D LUT.

Just now, androidlad said:

Because there are colour space standards. And for BT.709, it's 100nit. For BT.2100 HDR, it's 1000nit.

PV270 can be calibrated by i1 Display Pro via 3D LUT.

ok. i do have the i1 and i use it to calibrate my monitor but i have no recall of nits value at any moment.

i just run the i1 profiler and do what it tells me to do.

2 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

ok. i do have the i1 and i use it to calibrate my monitor but i have no recall of nits value at any moment.

i just run the i1 profiler and do what it tells me to do.

It should be calibrated with BenQ's own tool Palette Master so you can access the hardware 3D LUT.

Hi there

I have the PV 270 that is attached to a mac vis Ultrastudio mini monitor. Does any one know how I calibrate the monitor through the mini monitor as I understand it this affects the screen image. Or should I just connect direct to the HDMI output of the mac?

7 hours ago, neilmac said:

Hi there

I have the PV 270 that is attached to a mac vis Ultrastudio mini monitor. Does any one know how I calibrate the monitor through the mini monitor as I understand it this affects the screen image. Or should I just connect direct to the HDMI output of the mac?

Hardware calibration result is applied to all inputs on the monitor.

19 hours ago, androidlad said:

Hardware calibration result is applied to all inputs on the monitor.

Thanks android

BenQ's Palette Master installed on MAC does not see the monitor that is connected via the mini monitor so you can't calibrate it. is there a way around this