BENQ PV270 and PV3200PT

mirekti

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Yes but it must be calibrated with an X-Rite i1 Display Pro via its hardware 3D LUT slot.

I do have i1 Display Pro so that’s not an issue.

I saw there’s also SW series which is aimed to photographers, and these PV to videographers. Became intrigued by PV series after watching this 

Which one you have?

32 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

As promised

Nice. I am not sure if I fully understand Benq's line. Their "photographer" line also covers AdobeRGB. When I compare it to their "videographer" line, it looks the same, but with more color space. I mean, I don't see that PV line has something that SW doesn't, and it is better for video compared to SW line. ?

At the moment it's either the one you have or SW271.
SW271 is a bit smaller, but it should be enough as it will only be used as a reference monitor connected via BM's Intensity Pro 4k so 32 might actually be an overkill. 

17 minutes ago, mirekti said:

Nice. I am not sure if I fully understand Benq's line. Their "photographer" line also covers AdobeRGB. When I compare it to their "videographer" line, it looks the same, but with more color space. I mean, I don't see that PV line has something that SW doesn't, and it is better for video compared to SW line. ?

SW271 is a bit smaller, but it should be enough as it will only be used as a reference monitor connected via BM's Intensity Pro 4k so 32 might actually be an overkill. 

Thanks man ,yah i was in same boat as you man but after reading couple threads on reddit lol and watching Andrey lebrov video above i made up my mind ?
Which ever one you pick u not gona be disappointed also tip: make sure to get X-rite i1 Display Pro

8 minutes ago, Zak Forsman said:

I've got the BenQ PV270. It's great for a home color grading setup. Something to note, Blackmagic products (I have the Decklink Mini Monitor 4K) see that it isn't a 4K monitor and reduce resolution to HD, regardless of your settings. 

It might be like my HP monitor. If you use HDMI it is only HD. I Have to use the DisplayPort to get 2K out of mine. Mine is a 2K monitor tops.

5 hours ago, mirekti said:

The 3200 model does not support DCI P3 which is a shame for this price and the HDMI is only 1.4 verson = 30Hz.

This one is nice: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD99-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

1 hour ago, Zak Forsman said:

Something to note, Blackmagic products (I have the Decklink Mini Monitor 4K) see that it isn't a 4K monitor and reduce resolution to HD, regardless of your settings. 

I had just placed an order for SW271, and then read the above.
Oh man, there's always something. :) Do you know why it didn't recognize it as a 4k monitor? I use Intensity Pro 4k.

Maybe it is something with HDMI not the latest version? Just best to use the DisplayPort which the Decklink Doesn't have..

"You can connect the monitors to a PC or Mac via one of the HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 or mini DisplayPort 1.2 ports. However, be aware that HDMI 1.4 does not support 3840x2160 at 60 Hz, which is required for the 32” monitor."

From this article.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/benq-pv3200pt-32-inch-uhd-pro-monitor,4605-3.html

And why do you even Need the BMD Decklink when every decent video card or laptop has a DisplyPort or Mini DP in them?? HDMI stuff is total shit for data transfer rates!

7 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Just best to use the DisplayPort.

I cannot, I am using BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4k. It has HDMI 1.4a
SW271 has HDMI 2.0 and from Tom's Hardware -> Correct signal handling for all formats
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/benq-sw271-27-inch-professional-monitor,5785-7.html

So if I keep my timeline to 24fps it might work after all.

Man those things have been around for 10 years or more. Why do you even need it in this day and age? Those things were invented for the music industry for synthesizers and software mixers. I had some of them F ing years ago. Just hook the damn thing into your video card. Or is your video card 10 years or older?

For what BMD program, Resolve? Resolve doesn't give a rats ass what monitor you are using. If you have the BMD SDI one I can see that but, just a HDMI one, nah. Now they make a HDMI one with breakout cables, but that is still more an audio thing than video.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

For what BMD program, Resolve?

Yes, I am using LG 38WK95C-W as my main monitor, and that's fine. But in Resolve if you wanted to enable Monitoring (full screen preview on another monitor) I had to buy the card. Has that changed?
Basically, on top of LG I have been using some old Dell Ultrasharp which started giving up, and it needs to get replaced.

1 hour ago, liork said:

The 3200 model does not support DCI P3 which is a shame for this price and the HDMI is only 1.4 verson = 30Hz.

This one is nice: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD99-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

Great! And it is 300€ less in my country, isn't it a little old though?

Do you have any other suggestions? Maybe a Dell or Samsung?

I am reading a lot of QC issues for the BenQ.