How Can I Be A Young Director?

Zach Goodwin2

16 minutes ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

It's just going to be a test and I am required to take it for college.

of course zach, i was being ironic. im just saying that at the end of the day, you have to find time to do both things, study and work on filmmaking.

think to yourself: what would Director X, who you admire, do? if he was in your shoes at your age in your situation? would he be working on filmmaking tonight? probably

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

meanwhile, Zach, i AM writing!

with a busted computer no less!! im like a lil baby bird with a broken wing rn

doesnt matter — you dont need final draft to write, or even electricity, just do it

the dialogue i cooked up in the last hour and a half is pretty dope ?

im sure youre busy writing too, dont mean to keep ya!!

3 hours ago, kaylee said:

meanwhile, Zach, i AM writing!

with a busted computer no less!! im like a lil baby bird with a broken wing rn

doesnt matter — you dont need final draft to write, or even electricity, just do it

the dialogue i cooked up in the last hour and a half is pretty dope ?

im sure youre busy writing too, dont mean to keep ya!!

I was busy with Math homework... Thank you though.

6 hours ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

Okay it is spring break and I am trying to find short film ideas. I can't come up with one with the sock puppets specifically with just me and my friend.

Roll two dice and then open a dictionary to a random page, go to the line number matching the first dice, and the word number on that line of the second dice.  Do that a dozen times and write them all down.  Pick the stupidest / worst / most bizarre three and make a script inspired by or including those words.

You can choose to apply a three-act structure or conflict or drama or tension or whatever the hell you want, but the vast majority of "cucumber buzzsaw hysteria" or "spontaneous curry nightingale" films will be fun to make and fun to watch..  :)

14 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

You should do "Procrastination - The Movie" 

You've already wrote most of the script.

Hell, even just reading out select sentences from this thread would be funny.  It would sound like crazy people all standing around blabbering about kind of the same stuff but kind of not.  It would even have quite a crescendo when you get to this post here and it reveals what you did and what they've just watched.

15 hours ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

Okay, how about an incomplete story without a plot or any central characters to just figure out how filmmaking works?

It is better than nothing!

4 hours ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

Can it be a minute or less?

A minute long film that is made is better than a zero second long film!

11 minutes ago, kye said:

Hell, even just reading out select sentences from this thread would be funny.  It would sound like crazy people all standing around blabbering about kind of the same stuff but kind of not.  It would even have quite a crescendo when you get to this post here and it reveals what you did and what they've just watched.

Let the AI write the script for you! Just make it:

Zach, think of this as being like a martial art. you wanna be a black belt, but theres lots of other colors of belts that you have to get first, and thats gonna take a long time! you currently have whatever belt u get for just showing up on the first day of class - the ones 5 year olds have

so, u have to like......... do stuff??? no ones just gonna give you a black belt, you have to earn it, and there are no shortcuts in evolution

The truth about running people don’t want to hear

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/motivate-me/111240962/the-truth-about-running-people-dont-want-to-hear

Basically, if you want to run a marathon you start out by doing 2km jogs around the block. Then doing 5km races, then try out a half marathon, etc etc

This is true for everything in life!

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

The truth about running people don’t want to hear

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/motivate-me/111240962/the-truth-about-running-people-dont-want-to-hear

Basically, if you want to run a marathon you start out by doing 2km jogs around the block. Then doing 5km races, then try out a half marathon, etc etc

This is true for everything in life!

I thought you got good at running by watching those "exercise motivation" videos on YT?

Tell me you're not tired just watching that...