Fuji XT3 + Atomos Ninja V

MrSMW

1 hour ago, EphraimP said:

The WD Blue drive I use is on sale on Amazon right now. You need to install it in a Master Caddy, which is a plastic box that slides into the back of the monitor. Each Ninja comes with one caddy, so you shouldn't need to buy one. 

You said you have lots of Sony batteries, so $599.900 for the Ninja and $115.98 for the SSD plus cable, you're at $714.98, almost $200 below that package price. Plus, you may be able to get the WD even more cheaply due to your wholesale connection. If you did need batteries, you could by two of the Powerextra batteries I linked before and get more power than the package batteries, plus the ability to power accessories or the camera, for a little more than $50.

You'll still save about $140 over that kit, if I'm correct. Those Anglebird SSDs are a rip off, as far as I know. Way overpriced.

Thank you again! This is extremely helpful. I was just weary of getting the wrong drive, as Atomos's guide was super vague.

Yea 899$ is sounding like a rip now, gunna quote myself all of this stuff and see how it all looks. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, DanielVranic said:

Thank you again! This is extremely helpful. I was just weary of getting the wrong drive, as Atomos's guide was super vague.

Yea 899$ is sounding like a rip now, gunna quote myself all of this stuff and see how it all looks. 

Yeah, for the money you'd save, you can pick up a the Nitze cage/sun hood/mount combo. A sun hood is clutch for outdoor shooting. 

I'm  a huge fan of the Ninja and capturing ProRes to edit on instead of H.265. But remember to cost in storage for all those beefy files. And consider how much room each project will take up on your editing hard drives. Of course, you can edit straight on the capture SSD you use with the Ninja. 

12 minutes ago, EphraimP said:

Yeah, for the money you'd save, you can pick up a the Nitze cage/sun hood/mount combo. A sun hood is clutch for outdoor shooting. 

I'm  a huge fan of the Ninja and capturing ProRes to edit on instead of H.265. But remember to cost in storage for all those beefy files. And consider how much room each project will take up on your editing hard drives. Of course, you can edit straight on the capture SSD you use with the Ninja. 

Oh I would bet. From what I can see, is this around 27MB a second at 422HQ?

I am using X-T3 and I want to know which SSD is suitable for Ninja V recording.

Can someone tell me? Please attach the brand and model! ! ! please! please! please!

I want to record in the following format ( Highest specification ) 🙂

-ProRes RAW HQ up to 4k 60p

-ProRes 422 HQ / DHxHR HQX up to 4k DCI p60

I prefer Sandisk ultra 3d, but there are some things.

Since I saw on the official website that Sandisk ultra 3d can support the following formats

(ProRes RAW HQ up to 6kp30, 4k P60, 2k 240fps; ProRes 422 HQ / DHxHR HQX up to 4k DCI p60, 2k240 fos; ProRes 422 HQ / DHxHR 5x ISO 1080 p60)

On the Atomos compatible drive website: https://www.atomos.com/compatible-drives/?product=ninja- v

I also saw on the official Supported-Media_NINJA.pdf that Sandisk ultra 3d cannot support the following formats

(ProRes RAW HQ up to 6kp30, 4k P60, 2k 240fps; ProRes 422 HQ / DHxHR HQX up to 4k DCI p60, 2k240 fos; ProRes 422 HQ / DHxHR 5x ISO 1080 p60)

Link to https://downloads.atomos.com/ninja-v/Supported-Media_NINJA.pdf

I saw Western Digital WD BLUE PC SSD, Sandisk Ultra 3D is like this, who can answer me a practical user there?

If you have a better SSD, please suggest and attach the brand and model! ! ! ! ! ! !

• 2 years later...