JVC GYLS300 In 2019

Alt Shoo

• Super Members
29 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Without even looking up to double check, then I'm easily 90% sure you need the UltraSync BLUE.
(been strongly considering buying one myself lately, but for different reasons, to sync up Smartphone footage)

Oooh...this video shows that the 10% wins 😉

Partly at least.

(Its cued to where he connects the F6)

As I'd only currently have a very simplistic one to one requirement right now between the Ninja V and the H3-VR then this would do for me although the benefits of using the UltraSync Blue in terms of repeater/hub mode are definitely worth the additional cost for more involved scenarios.

50 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

BTW, did you know Atomos bought out Timecode Systems Ltd? I think/hope that is good news for TCS Ltd??
It was some time ago though, and they still haven't bought out any new products. 

Well, I suspect that the AtomX sync is their first new product just that its not listed as such 😉 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
24 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Oooh...this video shows that the 10% wins 😉

Partly at least.

Well well well, I shouldn't have been so sure. 

Even worse... I remember watching that video ages ago!

Think my mistake was when I was remembering back in time about him saying there being a "master network" I naturally assumed that of course they mean the :Blink network! As that is what I'm using. 

Whoops. It's bed time. 

As I'd only currently have a very simplistic one to one requirement right now between the Ninja V and the H3-VR then this would do for me although the benefits of using the UltraSync Blue in terms of repeater/hub mode are definitely worth the additional cost for more involved scenarios.

Seems like you could, just make sure  you never stray further than a few feet away from the H3-VR!

Well, I suspect that the AtomX sync is their first new product just that its not listed as such 😉 

Ha!
I don't think so. As if my memory serves me right (although probably in five minutes time you'll prove me wrong), the AtomX Sync announcement happened before the sale of the business was public. 

But my wild guess is that perhaps it went like this: 
Atomos knew they had this cool new product which could have modules, thus approached one of the major/best Timecode companies to talk about a collaboration. During the process of the collaborative development Jeromy Young discovered he liked the TCS Ltd company itself / saw potential in them / found out they're open to a sale, and made an offer. Then the rest is history.

• Super Members
12 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Seems like you could, just make sure  you never stray further than a few feet away from the H3-VR!

Strangely enough, I've just developed a combi BLE/RF repeater module for one of my new product so I'm good for about a kilometre !

15 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

But my wild guess is that perhaps it went like this: 
Atomos knew they had this cool new product which could have modules, thus approached one of the major/best Timecode companies to talk about a collaboration. During the process of the collaborative development Jeromy Young discovered he liked the TCS Ltd company itself / saw potential in them / found out they're open to a sale, and made an offer. Then the rest is history.

I suspect that is probably what happened.

36 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Strangely enough, I've just developed a combi BLE/RF repeater module for one of my new product so I'm good for about a kilometre !

You may find this product to be very interesting:

https://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/36023-does-this-violate-zaxcoms-patents/

Here's a video of it working: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Ji2LvgBHrhiGwH47

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I can’t believe that JVC sent out that useless survey asking about features for a potentially new cinema camera. I still don’t understand why they don’t see that, while the cinema camera market is becoming crammed, there is still a niche that they can fill. Hopefully some product manager within their company will realize this fact. Anyways here’s a link to some screen grabs of footage from this slept on powerhouse!

And yes I still use the JVC GYLS300 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ-x48SLm7g/?utm_medium=copy_link