Galaxy Fold

kaylee

4 hours ago, sanveer said:

Samsung's concept IMHO seems to be the best implemented, since it bends inwards reducing any likely damages to the screen, and rhenoutaide screen is small, warranting lesser power. The only downside is that the front camera have ruined the symmetry.

Other company implementations don't seem ready for primetime yet.

I wish Samsung would put that new Snapdragon processor for tablets and laptops on it with some amazing RAM for actual photo and video editing. 

I disagree. It is much thicker, has smaller screens (both in phone and tablet mode) and Huawei has a special protective case in the package for free.

The Samsung is 4.6", which is a silly number for a phone this day, and 7" in tablet mode, which again is close to phablet territory. Also, very thick when folded. Imagine the Huawei is thinner than an iPad.

I am not buying any of these, and I usually like Korean ideas and implementation, just this one seems overrushed.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here we go, this should be a better visual than that boring link.

4 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I would pay $600 more over the samsung fold to not have an original iphone embedded on the outside display lol 

16 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I disagree. It is much thicker, has smaller screens (both in phone and tablet mode) and Huawei has a special protective case in the package for free.

The smaller screen when its closed, is a good way to save battery. And an unreasonably thin Folding phone with the fold left on the outside makes the device a lot more vulnerable to scratches and damage. Unless the special protective case you mentioned is thin enough to be attached to the phone and not interfere with the folding mechanism or screen quality. 

16 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The Samsung is 4.6", which is a silly number for a phone this day, and 7" in tablet mode, which again is close to phablet territory. Also, very thick when folded. Imagine the Huawei is thinner than an iPad.

7.3 inches or so. I agree it could have been more like 8 inches instead. But the Huawei isn't like 2 inches larger or something. 

The Huawei X costs a lot more too.

And to be honest, I doubt either of them will be a production powerhouse for photo and video editing (unless either carries the nre Snapdragon laptop aimed SoC). 

https://www.t3.com/news/huawei-mate-x-review-early-verdict-a-5g-folding-phone-pioneer

As it seems, special press agrees that the Huawei proposition is more practical for every day use. It is also a 5G phone.

I am sure, next year Xiaomi will offer one for 999$€£!! This design is here to stay I think. My phone is 5.8" and I wouldn't want anything bigger when at work, but for leisure, a tablet is much more convinient, that is why we have an iPad Air 2 and we are about to getting a 12-13" Windows tablet. Already have a 14" laptop and a recently bought 15.6"! Too many devices..

Wouldn't say no to an 5.5"-6" when I use with my Edelkrone and Ronin, and an 8" when I fly my drone and use as a monitor for action cameras or others.

Now in most jobs I bring a phone/tablet/laptop. 

12 hours ago, Kisaha said:

https://www.t3.com/news/huawei-mate-x-review-early-verdict-a-5g-folding-phone-pioneer

As it seems, special press agrees that the Huawei proposition is more practical for every day use. It is also a 5G phone.

I am sure, next year Xiaomi will offer one for 999$€£!! This design is here to stay I think. My phone is 5.8" and I wouldn't want anything bigger when at work, but for leisure, a tablet is much more convinient, that is why we have an iPad Air 2 and we are about to getting a 12-13" Windows tablet. Already have a 14" laptop and a recently bought 15.6"! Too many devices..

Wouldn't say no to an 5.5"-6" when I use with my Edelkrone and Ronin, and an 8" when I fly my drone and use as a monitor for action cameras or others.

Now in most jobs I bring a phone/tablet/laptop. 

The Huawei design looks better in terms of functionality as a tablet that can also act and be the size of a phone.

However, its design looks to be a bit of a nightmare in terms of durability - both the back and the front of the phone are a screen when folded!!

https://www.t3.com/news/motorola-razr-2019-folding-confirmed

This could be an interesting proposition on the subject matter, but on the opposite side.

Tiny phone (like the good ol'days!), good sized portable media device. 

An 7-8" tablet is small anyway these days. My very small LG G6 is 5.7" 2:1 586nits, and the Samsung S9+ went to my other (better) half as it was highly inconvinient to carry around, especially in working days (the screen shape of the Samsung is a nightmare, already changed half a dozen protective glass).

I can see easily my next phone to have a similar size and a 6" screen. So why all the trouble (and money) for a 7.3" or 8" tablet, when a Surface Go or similsr exists...

..enter Razr!

• Super Members
18 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

https://www.t3.com/news/motorola-razr-2019-folding-confirmed

This could be an interesting proposition on the subject matter, but on the opposite side.

Tiny phone (like the good ol'days!), good sized portable media device. 

An 7-8" tablet is small anyway these days. My very small LG G6 is 5.7" 2:1 586nits, and the Samsung S9+ went to my other (better) half as it was highly inconvinient to carry around, especially in working days (the screen shape of the Samsung is a nightmare).

I can see easily my next phone to have a similar size and a 6" screen. So why all the trouble (and money) for a 7.3" or 8" tablet, when a Surface Go or similsr exists...

..enter Razr!

That is a thing of beauty.