Galaxy Fold

kaylee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

If it can fit in a inside suit pocket they might have a winner at that price. It can have it's usage for presentations for sure.

3 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

I typically carry a phone and an ipad around with me. So I can sort of see the potential for combining the 2.

The price is definitely exotic, but having a larger screen is useful all the time.  I have spent the last few years at a company that does large urban planning projects and people were consistently in meetings and talking about options of various things and so one of them takes out their phone and pulls up Google Earth and then two or three people are all crowded around a 5 or 6 inch screen.  Even if you have a laptop the number of times it's easier to pull out your phone, or even when you're comparing a plan on the laptop with satellite imaging on your phone, they're hugely useful.  Just don't have notifications on for texts and messages - if you're showing the big boss something and your wife sexts you then that may not go down well!!

i agree @kye

47 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

I'm just glad they called it the Fold rather than something ambiguous like the XS, pronounced ten - s. 

i was laughing at this part, lol emoji

But this isn't how I imagined a folding phone. I was thinking something that rolled out into the size of a phone

are you serious??? ive never thought of that, thats kind of.... ingenious ?

i was thinking about this whole thing more, and the overall concept that a smart phone could be small and become big in different ways is pretty amazing. thats some back to the future shit too

still tho... wheres my hoverboard?

edit/update: this set looks amazing, what the heck is this guys, how did they do this? 

• Super Members

I can't be the only British user to have read the title and thought there was an exciting new addition to the pantheon of chocolate greats

galaxy-smooth-caramel-135g-box-of-24-7a0.jpg.78023914433dbcc263faf699aaafc51c.jpg

I have to say that, as with the Galaxy Caramel, the Galaxy Fold does indeed look very sweet indeed.

I actually "oooohhed" when I first saw the unfolding trick.

For my use, I'd like to see a tablet that folded out into a laptop rather than a phone which folded out into a tablet.

@BTM_Pix agree 1000% – i still dont like "apps" ?

58 minutes ago, kye said:

screw the hoverboard..  we've gone past the time that Blade Runner took place.  I want robotic pets!!

do you...? i think those are pretty close to being a reality... isnt this like, a clear precursor to our doom tho?

im full of it anyway: id fall of that hoverboard and break my face

This first generation has some issues.

I am sure the processing power and everything (except batteries maybe) is here but..

1) Too thick when folded

2) phone screen is too small for every day use (so you do not have to open it every time you want to browse or just look something quickly). There is a huge non-usable area on the phone part. 5.5" would be perfect.

3) tablet size is very small. Most phones these days are already around 6" (and start from 150$€£)  with very normal size and weight. loose 1.4" from your phone, to gain just a little bit for a tiny tablet (7-8" is hardly a tablet these days, when phablets are reaching those numbers)?

4) too expensive, but this is expected from the first of a new device, there are 4-5 manufacturers ready to present their variation to this subject from now till early next year.

Right now is a bit lost between worlds, maybe the Razr will be more interesting with its classic clam design. Maybe they have to go to the extremes, basic phone operation for bigger and thinner tablet one.

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I can't be the only British user to have read the title and thought there was an exciting new addition to the pantheon of chocolate greats

galaxy-smooth-caramel-135g-box-of-24-7a0.jpg.78023914433dbcc263faf699aaafc51c.jpg

I have to say that, as with the Galaxy Caramel, the Galaxy Fold does indeed look very sweet indeed.

I actually "oooohhed" when I first saw the unfolding trick.

For my use, I'd like to see a tablet that folded out into a laptop rather than a phone which folded out into a tablet.

A foldable Galaxy bar could have it's uses, but I reckon the hinge bit would have to be made out of Curlywurly, and I'm not so keen.

3 hours ago, kaylee said:

@BTM_Pix agree 1000% – i still dont like "apps" ?

do you...? i think those are pretty close to being a reality... isnt this like, a clear precursor to our doom tho?

im full of it anyway: id fall of that hoverboard and break my face

Nah, it's the tiny spider drones and tiny insect drones that are the worrisome ones, because it doesn't matter how many locks you have on the door, they just come in through the vents and crawl on you when you're sleeping...  ???

Samsung's concept IMHO seems to be the best implemented, since it bends inwards reducing any likely damages to the screen, and rhenoutaide screen is small, warranting lesser power. The only downside is that the front camera have ruined the symmetry.

Other company implementations don't seem ready for primetime yet.

I wish Samsung would put that new Snapdragon processor for tablets and laptops on it with some amazing RAM for actual photo and video editing.