My MiniRAW 1 Camera needs help :-)

janosch simon

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

ARGGGGG just got my Fujinon 6,4-90 f1.4 lens i THOUGHT it was an B4 mount because the ebay dealer wrote it....

so my buddy and i design a mount for my MiniRAW 1 and i was excited to test it and i CANT get in in focus....so i removed my mount and hold the lens in front of the Ptgrey Flea3 and moved so it get into focus...and i need to get around< 10 mm closer.... after a long search i found this thread:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5862/12-inch-eng-zoom-lenses-and-mounting-solutions/p1

DAMN didnt know that there is an Sony 1/2" mount with an flange distance of 35.74 and compared to the B4 flange distance of 48mm it makes sense ARGGG :D

soo be carefull when you buy a B4 lens ;-)

cheers janosch

• 1 month later...

Followed you from the BMCuser post.  I'm so tempted to do something like this.  I found this cam:  http://www.ptgreystore.com/blackfly-23-mp-color-gige-poe

Which can do 1920 x 1200 at 27fps for $315 usd.  That might be a nice starter cam.  What cpu and motherboard are you using janosch? I don't need high fps, just something that would work with 2k raw/uncompressed for now.

Followed you from the BMCuser post.  I'm so tempted to do something like this.  I found this cam:  http://www.ptgreystore.com/blackfly-23-mp-color-gige-poe

Which can do 1920 x 1200 at 27fps for $315 usd.  That might be a nice starter cam.  What cpu and motherboard are you using janosch? I don't need high fps, just something that would work with 2k raw/uncompressed for now.

hey there :) im using an i7 3770t cpu on an z77n-wifi gigabyte MB :-)

cheers janosch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

here is another clip this time green screen test 

:D

today i also got my canon XL mount for the miniraw and the first tests were nice :D

here is a pic 

the problem with canon XL lenses is that they only work with power and all the controls are digital digital focus zoom and no aperture setting.... so to test out the image quality we build an canon xlmount and i used the canon xl1s to control the lens on my miniraw :D crazy but works now i need to reveres engineer the spi that comes from the camera for this prupose i have an logic analyzer nice project and the great thing about xl lenses is that it also has an 1/3" sensor and there is an canon xl 3.4-20.4 lens which would be an equivalent of 24-142,8 niceee :D

any of you guys has workd with lens protocols like spi?

cheers janosch 

Hi JAnosch. Did you use the Flea3 and the FlyCapture software ?

Did you manage to save it as DNG ?

I am trying to save video as a sequence of raw files. It works, but I cannot find anything to open these files.

Would you mind sharing the code that converts it to DNG ?

Hey guys :-)

as i love RAW and LOVE highspeed i thought perhaps its possible to build my own raw dng camera :-) 

i foundthis thread over at bmcuser http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?2043-Little-raw-cam-side-project

and its roughly based on that idea :-)

but i went with an other camera from PointGrey its an USB 3 Flea 3 cam that can shoot up to 720p120fps.

and build a mini itx board with an intel core i3 3225 :-)

still lots of work to be done but at the moment i can write on an ssd 720p120fps at 8bit

and 720p96fps at 12 bit.

but i have a problem with my .raw to .dng conversion:

on the BMCC raw files there is a tag:

DefaultCropSize and DefaultCropOrigin

and i cant get it to work properly with my DNG converter

when i run dng_validate on an converted DNG i get always:

*** Error: Invalid DefaultCropSize ***

does anybody has a sample code or another idea?

to the some picutres of the MiniRaw1 just serach on twitter and instagram for #MiniRAW1 :-)

only pictures at the moment no footage yet :-)

cheers and thx

Janosch

• 2 months later...