What is the best microphone for Canon?

Daria91

On 2/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, Daria91 said:

What is the best microphone for Canon to choose? How expensive differ from inexpensive, and which is better not to buy? The main task - weddings, anniversaries and home videos. I'm not satisfied with the built-in microphone because it records mono and records "everything", and the noise and wind ...
Would you choose RODE VideoMic? Acceptable price and quality speak for themselves. But I still doubt...

I have no idea where this thread has gone, but this is my current favorite on-camera microphone for mirrorless/dslrs: https://www.amazon.com/Deity-Super-Cardioid-Directional-Smartphones-Transmitters/dp/B07K2XDDH3.

with the Rode you can either do 0db or +20. Not great control. The Deity has a levels control on the back so it's as easy to change audio levels as it would be on a cinema camera that has dedicated audio knobs. I usually turn down the internal pre-amps on the camera as much as I can and then turn up the audio on the mic. This makes for some very nice and clean audio. It's also much smaller and more compact than the Rode mics. 

Here is a good overview video: 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Considering that the stock market (and the entire capitalist economy) trades on confidence, this isn't an early casualty at all.  It's probably only short-term thinking that has stopped things from already falling apart.

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Its not an interpretation though.

The default position in law is that the UK will exit the EU on 29th March so it is definitely going to happen.

That I'm not disputing, but your narrative of how it is happening can differ wildly depending on a person's perspective that they're looking at it from.

2 hours ago, currensheldon said:

It's also much smaller and more compact than the Rode mics. 

Plus it LOOKS better! I reckon the VMP is kinda ugly, or at least distinctively "cheap".

• Super Members
5 hours ago, currensheldon said:

I have no idea where this thread has gone

It was indentified as spam as the orginal poster has a record of 2 posts both of which contain the same dubious link embedded in them.

So unfortnuately your helpful reply to him/her/it will be falling on deaf ears. Or audio sensors if its a bot.

• Super Members
13 hours ago, IronFilm said:

That I'm not disputing, but your narrative of how it is happening can differ wildly depending on a person's perspective that they're looking at it from.

My narrative?

I'm looking at it from the perspective of describing what has actually happened in the process of trying to prepare for that and the well documented reasons for it, so it is commentary rather than narrative.

To be honest, the idea that the current deadlocked situation has been brought about by a fifth column of Remainers within the government or parliament as a whole would actually be a better example of a narrative.

And it is a narrative that is somewhat undermined by the fact that 81% of MPs voted to trigger Article 50 which ratified the referendum result by giving the EU official notice of the UK exiting and set in law that we would do so on March 29th 2019. 

Anyway, like the UK, I'm out.

16 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I thought you'd become an early casualty of it as we haven't heard from you for a while ;)

FlyBMI are better described as being the 'latest' rather than the 'earliest' but there is a bit of wood for the trees stuff going on with all of these announcements.

There is no doubt it is a factor but whether it is the primary factor or just the straw that broke the camel's back is open to debate. Its probably the latter in this instance.

With Nissan, moving production away from a UK plant who's output will be subject to an import tariff into the EU to a plant in their own country which, thanks to the new EU/Japan trade deal, won't be is a bit more clear cut.

9 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

It was indentified as spam as the orginal poster has a record of 2 posts both of which contain the same dubious link embedded in them.

So unfortnuately your helpful reply to him/her/it will be falling on deaf ears. Or audio sensors if its a bot.

Haha got it. Well, if anyone else is looking for a great on-camera mic, my recommendation might be useful!