Nikon Z6 menu setting

tomsemiterrific

I have a question about a setting for ISO on the Z6.

On the default setting for ISO when you depress the ISO button to adjust ISO level on the back wheel you must keep the ISO button depressed while you make the adjustment. Awkward.

I understand there is a menu setting that will enable you adjust the back wheel without the necessity of keeping the ISO button depressed while doing so.

With that setting you can toggle the ISO function on and off.

Anyone know where it is in the menu?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 2/15/2019 at 4:26 AM, BTM_Pix said:

It is setup in

Menu> Custom Settings> f6

1911215031_ScreenShot2019-02-15at11_24_20.png.c968d9f40c0d92a45f5fc69f7e42466e.png

Nomenclature makes me crazy---highlight is a class of exposure, Zebras for video are the measure of exposure. 

But I have one more question. When I put the camera in photo mode I see the exposure meter on the right side of the screen. Fine. When I put the camera in video mode the exposure meter vanishes. WTF! No other camera manufacturer does this: Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Canon, Olympus, etc: when you set the camera in video mode you retain the exposure meter--it's very important. Is there a menu setting that will correct the case of the vanishing exposure meter?

• Super Members
58 minutes ago, tomsemiterrific said:

Do you have any idea why they failed to do this? Do you think it would be a big problem to fix this in firmware?

Its more a case of "Same as it ever was" rather than it being a specific omission on the Z cameras as its exactly the same in my other Nikon cameras like the D500 etc. so I'm guessing they don't get enough push back on it from users to have changed it.

Whether that changes with Z cameras being a lot more video centric is open to debate I suppose.