What is an old Canon camera with a full frame sensor that you would recommend to a beginner?

Heera

1 hour ago, leslie said:

the barber school tip is a good idea, however for me, i would have to drive quite a long way out of my way to get a free hair cut. i'm thinking the cost of petrol and time to drive there would out weigh the savings. for others closer to a big city that's probably great

i browsed the for sale section,  derived the first page, tompeter has 13 ads since january  with a minimum 35 views up to 114 views, so there is definitely some interest there. whether any of that sells i have no idea. most adds seem to be camera and body deals which doesn't interest me personally, however if the bmp4k takes much longer i may be in the market for something ?

now if tompeter genuinely  wants to help the community, well he could find me an iscorama pre 36 for $2000  i'd definitely buy that off his ebay link through paypal of course  heck i'd even drop him a few extra $ for his time ?

Most people probably view it and then see its an ebay spam link and click out tho ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
30 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Most people probably view it and then see its an ebay spam link and click out tho ?

define spam link please. i must be particularly slow this morning  as i'm thinking a valid link to an ebay item is in its self kinda harmless, out of the possibilities that exist. if it was some sort of scam surely ebay would have done something to close or block accounts by now ?  i have yet to see something in the for sale section that interests me, so by my definition  i could say its all spam if i was being belligerent. tompeter seems to post a couple ads a week, not sure what his short, middle or long game is. but it doesn't bother me much, its not my storage, data or bandwith that's being consumed if i suddenly saw ten or more ads a day from tompeter then i'd be sending a private message to mr reid  about doing some (house cleaning) other than that i am kinda of indifferent to it all, like the rest of us i guess 

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

The cost for spamming is very very very very VERY low, likely it is getting posted by the thousands by bots across many many forums. Thus you only need an extremely small % to click the link, and an even smaller percentage to buy the items, to make the spamming profitable. 

Yes, and considering how rich the west is in comparison to other parts of the world, even a tiny bit of money might make a huge difference.  The definition of extreme poverty is a dollar a day, and there are millions of people living in these kinds of situations.

I read an article about one of the first major computer viruses/worms (I can't remember which one it was) that took down Wall St and other major facilities across the world.  It was written by a Russian programmer.  The interesting thing was that the guy had no concept of what effect it would have until many years later.  

The short version of the story was that the USSR was a pretty harsh place to live but the focused on education and gave technology scholarships and trained thousands of Russian students in computer science and programming, but when they graduated there were no jobs (because this was communist Russia) and so you had a bunch of skilled and highly angry young men.  The thing about the USSR at that time was the the Iron Curtain was still in full force, they had no idea that the west was using computers for real things and in Russia the only people who had computers were rich people.  So, the pissed off programmers amused themselves by writing viruses to mess up the rich people's toys.  It wasn't until a journalist managed to track this person down over a period of years and communicate with him that he found out that the west used computers for real work, that his virus/worm had escaped the USSR, and had caused huge damage to companies the world over.  He basically had no idea.  After that he dropped out of that scene and history seems to have forgotten him.

The world is a funny place sometimes.

38 minutes ago, leslie said:

define spam link please. i must be particularly slow this morning  as i'm thinking a valid link to an ebay item is in its self kinda harmless, out of the possibilities that exist. if it was some sort of scam surely ebay would have done something to close or block accounts by now ?  i have yet to see something in the for sale section that interests me, so by my definition  i could say its all spam if i was being belligerent. tompeter seems to post a couple ads a week, not sure what his short, middle or long game is. but it doesn't bother me much, its not my storage, data or bandwith that's being consumed if i suddenly saw ten or more ads a day from tompeter then i'd be sending a private message to mr reid  about doing some (house cleaning) other than that i am kinda of indifferent to it all, like the rest of us i guess 

Who knows.  If they hack an ebay account, inject malicious code into the ad, then get spammers to direct people to look at that auction then that's a mechanism.  Remember that computer security is basically a software arms race, and it's been going for decades now, so the bleeding edge isn't the obvious stuff anymore.  Plus considering how hard people in poorer countries are willing to work combined with the sheer number of them in that situation, there are bound to be thousands of people way smarter than both of us who would work non-stop for a tiny income to feed their families, feed their egos, or whatever else might motivate them.

If you're unaware of what the complexities are in this arms race, check out the Stuxnet virus.  It is spectacular and kind of terrifying too.

6 hours ago, leslie said:

the barber school tip is a good idea, however for me, i would have to drive quite a long way out of my way to get a free hair cut. i'm thinking the cost of petrol and time to drive there would out weigh the savings. for others closer to a big city that's probably great

The Barber School is only two blocks away from my home!

i browsed the for sale section,  derived the first page, tompeter has 13 ads since january

Which means an awful lot of clutter on the first page! (and the 2nd, and the 3rd.... etc)

now if tompeter genuinely  wants to help the community, well he could find me an iscorama pre 36 for $2000  i'd definitely buy that off his ebay link through paypal of course  heck i'd even drop him a few extra $ for his time ?

Won't happen. "He" is a spammer.