Panasonic GH6

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

I'm afraid my camera is not set up correctly for what I shoot. I repeat: I would like to shoot quickly and easily and get the most professional videos possible, even if I already know that this is difficult. jejeje Of course I have configured the GH6 for human detect, but I understand that I have to put the key on "S". Is it right? Now the key is positioned on "C" and often the image goes out of focus for a few tenths of a second. Did I get it right? My lens is Leica 12-60mm.

Button S.JPG

Yes. You need the camera to only use Single-Point AF, or "S". Also, in the video  [FOCUS] menu, turn "Continuous AF" to "OFF", not Mode 1 or Mode 2. the camera will focus on what you want when you half-press the shutter button and it won't change the focus until you half-press again.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your availability. I have just configured my GH6 as you recommended. Only one thing I didn't understand well: I put the lever on "S", but what do you mean by " Single-Point AF"? Maybe I didn't understand correctly. Should I choose the "ALL AREA" or 1 AREA icon in the Menu? Thanks again.

2 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your availability. I have just configured my GH6 as you recommended. Only one thing I didn't understand well: I put the lever on "S", but what do you mean by " Single-Point AF"? Maybe I didn't understand correctly. Should I choose the "ALL AREA" or 1 AREA icon in the Menu? Thanks again.

Sorry... I meant "single shot AF", which is what the "S" refers to. "C" refers to "continuous AF, or servo mode". "Single point AF" is refers using just 1 point for the focus. Single point focus is the most accurate. Face/human/eye AF is also very accurate as long as it chooses the correct person, etc but the camera is doing some of the work. With single point AF, you tell the camera exactly where to focus. Four people off in the distance (4 meters away), it might not matter so much. I would NOT use ALL AREA. 1 AREA, or single point is what you want.

I thought I'd let everyone know that Panasonic did send me a SanDisk 1tb SSD and gave me 400 euros off the 1579 Euro Black Friday price. It's one of the best deals I've ever received for a new camera with those features. I'm super happy with the GH6 and its unique features. It really goes to show that pays to jump on those Panasonic Black Friday deals as some people were not as lucky as me.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:29 PM, John Matthews said:

I thought I'd let everyone know that Panasonic did send me a SanDisk 1tb SSD and gave me 400 euros off the 1579 Euro Black Friday price. It's one of the best deals I've ever received for a new camera with those features. I'm super happy with the GH6 and its unique features. It really goes to show that pays to jump on those Panasonic Black Friday deals as some people were not as lucky as me.

Can you elaborate on this?! Do not remember the case.

21 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Can you elaborate on this?! Do not remember the case.

In France during the Black Friday week, Panasonic offered 400 euros cash back, a SanDisk Extreme 1tb SSD, and an extra year of warranty for 1579 euros. The deal was available for about 2 days from selected online stores. The price sent up to 1779 with 200 euros cash back after, then 1979 euros. On this forum, people were bitching about not getting the GH6 initial deal and how Panasonic's marketing practices are suck because they didn't get the deal. Essentially, that's it.

6 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

Hi, I always use V-Log with my GH6 to make 4K videos. I like to use V-Log for the large dynamic range. But I would like to get video with slightly more contrasted colors by changing the Menu in the GH6. It's possible? Thanks for some info.

You can turn on lut monitoring to see more what the final image will look like after color grading.

HLG is an option to give you a more contrasty look while still preserving most of the details. 

20 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

j'aimerais obtenir une vidéo avec des couleurs légèrement plus contrastées en modifiant le menu dans le GH6. C'est possible? Merci pour quelques infos.

It's ridiculous because it's precisely the concept: the log is no contrast because you want to settle it in post production.

If you don't want to work in post production you have to find the Picture Profile closest to the log but more contrasted like the Ciné D II or Flat  or ....

Make your choice and learn how to use it

https://youtu.be/nvoSMMhp1C8?t=193

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PttHBa-s_pI

Excuse me,  the texte of FoxAdriano  is  

21 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

I like to use V-Log for the large dynamic range. But I would like to get video with slightly more contrasted colors by changing the Menu in the GH6. It's possible? Thanks for some info.

Focus mode lever

Hi, I would like your advice. I give 2 examples: 1) To pan (camera movement) where there are no people or if there are they are very far away, would you put the lever on "S" or on "C"? 2) If from a distant tree, from the zoom you go wide angle shooting a near tree, would you put the lever on "S" or on "C"? . Thanks for your kind info.

Panoramica.JPG

On 3/10/2023 at 11:09 PM, FoxAdriano said:

Hi, I always use V-Log with my GH6 to make 4K videos. I like to use V-Log for the large dynamic range. But I would like to get video with slightly more contrasted colors by changing the Menu in the GH6. It's possible? Thanks for some info.

Would you mind to share a video or screenshot with or even without conversion to Rec709?

Second video is super weird to say the least but horses for courses @92f.

• 2 weeks later...

A test on these 2 famous filters

Hi, today I did a simple test in the garden with the GH6 and 2 different filters. I don't know which one to definitely consider for my 4K and V-Log shoots. I would like your opinion. The shoots were at the same time and perfectly with the same settings in 4K V-Log and with the GH6 and Leica 12-60mm. The first 2 shots were done with one filter and the other 2 with another filter. The shoots were taken at 1:00 pm under almost winter sun and with AF. With Edius I added only contrast +4 and nothing more. Which of the 2 filters do you like better? Could you tell me what were the 2 filters I tested in this clip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1pkpjxy0zdgu93/Filter Test.mp4?dl=0

It's a single file with 4 clips, I shot the first two clips with a filter and the other two with another filter. I can't post stills because I have to modify them. I tried and it's not a good thing. If you want, you can download that file and stop the cursor to check.

Hello, I have had the GH6 for a short time and I would like to ask a question because I am worried. I shoot 4k with the with the front camera button (51), see the photo. It sometimes happens to me that when I press the button to record, the button responds very late. Sometimes when I press my finger on the button for 10 seconds, nothing happens, the GH6 starts recording only when I take my finger off the button. Is only my camera that has this problem or does everyone have this problem? I also inform that when I use the red button to record, everything is OK. Thanks for some info.

GH6.JPG

• 1 month later...