Panasonic GH6

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Robb said:

Here you go!

Media Division got early access, watching now

https://youtu.be/jUd_I8Z3Iqw

I encourage everyone to watch Media Division.

Gerald's video has a very weird tone. I can't tell if he is sad its not a FF Sony camera or that he knows he just burnt his relationship with Panasonic? Very different from his usual product tours and testing of other cameras. Oh well. Media division did an awesome job actually using the camera and telling us about its features and problems.

@Andrew Reid what are your thoughts with it so far?

I guess I should THANK Panasonic for the money they are saving me. Not because I won't be buying a GH6 (I won't, but that is due to the fact that I REALLY want a camera with more dynamic range than my S1 and S5), but because I won't be buying more expensive L-Mount glass for my aforementioned S1 and S5.

I guess I am just going to invest in a really good follow focus system instead and use Canon EF, Minolta, and Sony A-Mount lenses.

1 hour ago, sanveer said:

I thought his review was so exaggerated. He was like "when ypu want the best impossible image, M43 is dead". Whoa, it almost seemed like he was dumped today or yesterday. 

I actually didn't watch 99% of the review. I had to run out the door for a twilight photo shoot so I just skipped ahead to the autofocus test.

I will watch the Media Division review tomorrow when I have time. Gotta edit till 2:00 this morning.

5 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

I actually didn't watch 99% of the review. I had to run out the door for a twilight photo shoot so I just skipped ahead to the autofocus test.

I will watch the Media Division review tomorrow when I have time. Gotta edit till 2:00 this morning.

As shared by @webrunner5, watch this guy instead

+1 for Media Divisions review.

I looked through the dozen or so GH6 videos in my feed and stopped when I saw Media Division had done one and just watched that.  They are the most level-headed film-making centric channel out there - both technically capable and also film-making aware so don't get caught up in tech for its own sake.

It looks like an absolute cracker of a camera.

My impressions are that although it's not teaching FF lessons like the GH4 and GH5 did on their release, it'll still be a solid presence in the market, especially for people who don't need AF.

I'm also looking forward to Andrews review.