Panasonic GH6

kye

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

But I do read and respect your posts, so continue as usual please.

First, I want to say that I'm glad you're back. I wish more of the old guard (except Jon Pais, fuck that guy) would come back!

I think where Kye gets annoyed is that, you reiterate why you can't understand why anyone would get a M43 camera even after people have specifically stated what they like about the system and why they are invested in it. When you do that it feels like you kind of completely disregard what we've said and our opinions. 

55 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

Sony hasn't done any M43 cameras, they could probably have an edge over Panasonic with their auto focus. But they probably think the market is too small or dying in general. 

Sony was never a member of the M43 partnership, so they definitely wouldn't decide in 2022 to begin releasing M43 cameras.

57 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

I feel the innovation is really lacking with M43 Panasonic and Fuji, also Sony has put no effort into their S35 line up, while their cutting edge full frame stuff has gotten really expensive. 

I don't think it's innovation that's lacking, M43 led in innovation for years, it's just that everyone caught up. Still, their cameras offer tools that the competition doesn't. But in a market where auto focus is so very important, that doesn't really matter to a lot of users.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
58 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

I really like the GH6 but the Sigma FP is smaller, has internal RAW and a much larger sensor. Same reason I didn't buy a Fuji. The XT3 was cutting edge but they haven't improved since.

If the Sigma only had IBIS, I’d have gone that route and added the aftermarket tilt screen option. But it doesn’t so every time I have looked at it, I ended back at the same point.

Ditto the XT3 which I did use for video for 2 years. If only it had IBIS, I would have stuck with it.

If Covid had not interfered, I would have gone and had XT4’s on order, flippy screen aside, it would have been near perfect for me.

Was going OM-1 but somewhat relieved it did not work out. After tasting full frame 47mp S1R stills, I suspect I would not have been 100% happy with 4/3rds 20mp files.

GH6 so close and nothing against it really except for me to give up my S1H and S5 video combo, it really would have needed to have a significant advantage in AF.

But it doesn’t so I just splashed on a second S1R and THAT’S IT, I AM DONE until such a time as something comes along that would truly make it worthwhile making any further changes to what is a fantastic set of tools that I have.

I no longer care when that might be and if it’s not next year, fine by me.

(Secretiy hoping for a next gen, great AF, mash up of the S1R, S1H and S5. A man can but dream…)

There are a lot of things to critique the GH6 about (the streaking, for example, is unacceptable), but of the major camera companies there's no camera in its price range that comes close to its capabilities. It's impressive even if you factor in smaller companies like ZCam and BMD's offerings in its price range, even though they try to push even further as they try to gain market share. 

Hopefully Panasonic fixes and improves it even more. But it's still an impressive release. 

14 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

There are a lot of things to critique the GH6 about (the streaking, for example, is unacceptable), but of the major camera companies there's no camera in its price range that comes close to its capabilities. It's impressive even if you factor in smaller companies like ZCam and BMD's offerings in its price range, even though they try to push even further as they try to gain market share. 

Hopefully Panasonic fixes and improves it even more. But it's still an impressive release. 

It is almost $3000, I'd be close to getting an A7S3 for just a bit more used. The BM pocket is $1000 and has internal RAW and prores. I get the Pana is a hybrid camera but why no internal RAW or auto focus? If I need IBIS I can just use the S1 which is almost half the price of the GH6 used, only thing really missing is prores and 4k 120p.

You are right full frame has pretty much caught up but M43 isn't pushing enough to stay ahead IMO. I bought the GH5 for that exact reason and its the same reasons I am not getting a GH6, combined with the price tag of course.

Everyone will get that camera that works for them but Panasonic has not been pleasing me with their offerings aside from the S1. I am excited to see what their next full frame offering will be.

2 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

It is almost $3000, I'd be close to getting an A7S3 for just a bit more used. The BM pocket is $1000 and has internal RAW and prores. I get the Pana is a hybrid camera but why no internal RAW or auto focus? If I need IBIS I can just use the S1 which is almost half the price of the GH6 used, only thing really missing is prores and 4k 120p.

You are right full frame has pretty much caught up but M43 isn't pushing enough to stay ahead IMO. I bought the GH5 for that exact reason and its the same reasons I am not getting a GH6, combined with the price tag of course.

The A7siii is $1300 more than the GH6 and has less video features. Simple things like no waveforms, no ability to load LUTs, no anamorphic desqueeze, no 4K DCI, no shutter angle, opengate recording, etc. Add in internal ProRes and there's a lot going for the GH6 and it's the $2200 price tag.

4 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

The A7siii is $1300 more than the GH6 and has less video features. Simple things like no waveforms, no ability to load LUTs, no anamorphic desqueeze, no 4K DCI, no shutter angle, opengate recording, etc. Add in internal ProRes and there's a lot going for the GH6 and it's the $2200 price tag.

I misread the GH6 price as $2700, $2000 isn't as bad.

The S1 has all the things you mentioned besides prores though, it's not unique to M43 anymore.

I'm probably the last person who should contribute to this conversation. The last time I bought a new camera was over 5 years ago and the camera was released 5 years before that.

With that said, I think the GH6 is the best camera on the market right now. Internal 5.7K ProRes with IBIS, 4 channels of audio, etc...

I mean it's $2200! For internal ProRes and an image that comes damn close to the Red Komodo. I wish Panasonic could extend that ProRes license to one of their cheaper m4/3 cameras... maybe a 2K ProRes camera at half the price... that would be a genius move.

And with that said, I do prefer full frame. I like using vintage lenses and not have to do math every time I decide what lens to use... especially since you need a speedbooster to get the most from the lens.

And with that said... I'm cheap and I know what I need. I have a camera that works perfectly fine. I don't need 6K. I doubt anyone in the prosumer market does. So I'd wait for a big sale or to see when they release their ProRes FW. But man... the GH6 is a pretty special camera.

Sure you can get a P4K for $1299, but you're adding a lot of money to make it workable and it's a huge beast of an ugly camera.

3 minutes ago, mercer said:

I'm probably the last person who should contribute to this conversation. The last time I bought a new camera was over 5 years ago and the camera was released 5 years before that.

With that said, I think the GH6 is the best camera on the market right now. Internal 5.7K ProRes with IBIS, 4 channels of audio, etc...

I mean it's $2200! For internal ProRes and an image that comes damn close to the Red Komodo. I wish Panasonic could extend that ProRes license to one of their cheaper m4/3 cameras... maybe a 2K ProRes camera at half the price... that would be a genius move.

And with that said, I do prefer full frame. I like using vintage lenses and not have to do math every time I decide what lens to use... especially since you need a speedbooster to get the most from the lens.

And with that said... I'm cheap and I know what I need. I have a camera that works perfectly fine. I don't need 6K. I doubt anyone in the prosumer market does. So I'd wait for a big sale or to see when they release their ProRes FW. But man... the GH6 is a pretty special camera.

Sure you can get a P4K for $1299, but you're adding a lot of money to make it workable and it's a huge beast of an ugly camera.

It's got a lot of nice features it's just not the same as when the GH5 came out and it was the only hybrid camera doing 4k 10 bit.

16 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

It's got a lot of nice features it's just not the same as when the GH5 came out and it was the only hybrid camera doing 4k 10 bit.

I get that... but it shoots ProRes! I noticed there are a few videos that try to show that the h.265 is just as good as the ProRes, but we all know that is BS. If h.265 was just as good, Hollywood production companies would choose an S1 over the Alexa LF.

And with that said... I don't really care what people use. But if I were to buy a brand new camera and get into a new system, the GH6 would be up there. I'll probably buy a used FP before that ever happens though... because what a cool little effin camera.

But don't you have an Alexa? What else do you need? Of course, I'm not a DP... I'm a hobbyist wannabe narrative filmmaker... so my needs rarely align with most members of the forum. 

48 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

I misread the GH6 price as $2700, $2000 isn't as bad.

The S1 has all the things you mentioned besides prores though, it's not unique to M43 anymore.

The S1 lacks 4K 120p, four channels of audio, USB-SSD recording, timecode in/out, and coming soon 4K 120p RAW to the Atomos Ninja 5+.

The only thing that Panasonic can really be faulted for is leaving out phase detect auto focus and MAYBE internal ND. The streaking issue is also unacceptable, and I hope that they fix it. But they really put everything they could into the camera, and I say that as someone that isn't itching to buy it for a couple of reasons.

It will be a while before a reasonably priced full frame hybrid will be able to match all that the GH6 offers. And when one does, it will probably be a Panasonic camera to boot. Most of the others seem more focused on resolution than functionality.

I also don't understand why people come into threads about M43 cameras and constantly mention full frame. We get it, they're not full frame cameras and there are great full frame cameras available. It's okay to keep that out of threads dedicated to smaller sensor cameras.

M4/3 definitely has its advantages. I shot a short film recently and pulling focus while my actor was walking to or away from the camera was a major pain in the ass. After 3 or 4 takes and some coverage, I knew I had enough to cobble together the scene, so I just gave up. With a smaller format, I could have stopped down to 5.6 and could have wiggled the focus ring for the last few feet...

In some ways, I'd love a camcorder... focus was never an issue when they reigned supreme. If Panasonic puts ProRes into one of their 1/2in or 1in camcorders, I may just bite. I'd love an updated FZ2500 with ProRes.

But since we're talking FF here, I must admit that I really like what Panasonic has accomplished with their line up. A freaking S5 is on sale for $1499... that's pretty crazy. And I must admit that I was tempted. But I think all of the manufacturers are putting out nice cameras. I wish they were cheaper, though. The image from the Canon offerings are pretty damn nice... even the R6 has some special, filmic mojo to it. The R5C and the R3... let's just say I wish I was a wealthier man.

16 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

The S1 lacks 4K 120p, four channels of audio, USB-SSD recording, timecode in/out, and coming soon 4K 120p RAW to the Atomos Ninja 5+.

The only thing that Panasonic can really be faulted for is leaving out phase detect auto focus and MAYBE internal ND. The streaking issue is also unacceptable, and I hope that they fix it. But they really put everything they could into the camera, and I say that as someone that isn't itching to buy it for a couple of reasons.

It will be a while before a reasonably priced full frame hybrid will be able to match all that the GH6 offers. And when one does, it will probably be a Panasonic camera to boot. Most of the others seem more focused on resolution than functionality.

I also don't understand why people come into threads about M43 cameras and constantly mention full frame. We get it, they're not full frame cameras and there are great full frame cameras available. It's okay to keep that out of threads dedicated to smaller sensor cameras.

I think there is some merit to the idea that m4/3 may not have a long future ahead of it, but with the GH6 release, OM-1 and Leica's recent 9mm release, it has a few years left.

The issue with m4/3 is the cost. They were appealing when you could get the GH2 for $799, but they are getting a bit expensive. I understand you're paying for features, but there is a stigma that one shouldn't pay $500 more for a m4/3 camera than a FF. Obviously I'm not privy to Panasonic's manufacturing and marketing costs of the GH6, but I can only assume that they'd still be making a buttload of money on the GH6 if they sold it for $1599.

I fully understand I may be contradicting my earlier statement about how amazing the GH6 is for the money, but there are other factors that go into the consumer's thought pattern and although I think that the features are pretty great for the price... it's still a lot of money for a m4/3 camera when you don't have a cheaper model.

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

I am not trying to shut down M43. I do think Panasonic should implement internal RAW though. Why not have DNG as an option? They should develop their own raw like Nikon imo. I am sure that is coming. The GH7 or maybe MK2 might be something I would buy. I have complaints about every camera on the market right now, if I didn't I wouldn't have sold my Panasonic S1. The sigma FP definitely has a laundry list of things wrong with it.

Maybe I am just whining over nothing but a major downside of the Pocket is the lack of mobility. The GH6 solves this completely as their cameras always have, but if you like RAW adding in an external recorder and batteries adds a lot of bulk. Internal RAW would really put the GH6 in a nice spot. I guess it may be something they can add via firmware.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

M4/3 definitely has its advantages. I shot a short film recently and pulling focus while my actor was walking to or away from the camera was a major pain in the ass. After 3 or 4 takes and some coverage, I knew I had enough to cobble together the scene, so I just gave up. With a smaller format, I could have stopped down to 5.6 and could have wiggled the focus ring for the last few feet...

In some ways, I'd love a camcorder... focus was never an issue when they reigned supreme. If Panasonic puts ProRes into one of their 1/2in or 1in camcorders, I may just bite. I'd love an updated FZ2500 with ProRes.

But since we're talking FF here, I must admit that I really like what Panasonic has accomplished with their line up. A freaking S5 is on sale for $1499... that's pretty crazy. And I must admit that I was tempted. But I think all of the manufacturers are putting out nice cameras. I wish they were cheaper, though. The image from the Canon offerings are pretty damn nice... even the R6 has some special, filmic mojo to it. The R5C and the R3... let's just say I wish I was a wealthier man.

2 hours ago, mercer said:

I get that... but it shoots ProRes! I noticed there are a few videos that try to show that the h.265 is just as good as the ProRes, but we all know that is BS. If h.265 was just as good, Hollywood production companies would choose an S1 over the Alexa LF.

And with that said... I don't really care what people use. But if I were to buy a brand new camera and get into a new system, the GH6 would be up there. I'll probably buy a used FP before that ever happens though... because what a cool little effin camera.

But don't you have an Alexa? What else do you need? Of course, I'm not a DP... I'm a hobbyist wannabe narrative filmmaker... so my needs rarely align with most members of the forum. 

I do love prores. As to prores vs H265/H264 I really do think how its processed is more important than anything but I usually trust prores more. For me the biggest advantage is it runs soooo much better when editing. Even on the M1 chip H265 and 10 bit H264 is a pain.

M43 DOF can be really nice no doubt.

I do love my ALEXA and for my own personal work it would be my go to camera along with an F35(Honestly I think I like the F35 image more). However when working on indie movies which is huge in Detroit right now, something smaller is easier. The way I shoot the Classic works great, but most directors just want everything and the moon with it. I am very tempted to get a Komodo at this point as it sits between being workable in low budget indie as well as higher end productions.

I just did a musicvideo with the GH5 and S1. Guess what, GH5 was ACam.

That´s because I could rent it in a package with four batteries, Speedbooster XL, perfect cage, with rods, handle, lenssupport, the perfect mini cinema cam. Love this package. I don´t need a shoulderrig and my handheld camerawork is still fine and fitting, as I treat the camera a serious tool and I respect it. My S1 was BCam with only one battery but the spiffy FD to L-mount adapter from cieco7. I am just too stingy to invest in other extra stuff for this camera, because I am still not fond of the tilt screen mechanism, though screen and its ruggyness is fantastic.

In this video it´s both cameras together. And guess what, I love them both and would love to buy a GH6. With Prores and its creamier cinematic image, sensor readout, TC, GH- line ergos and menues it would be a no brainer for me. Putting down cameras is very different from objecting to them. But sometimes we get lost and negative about the certain lacks about in some cameras rather than concentrating on their strengths.

One general thing I would appreciate, if people become more appreciative about the mft system again! It´s a fantastic system!

I mean, a Lumix G9 or GH5, two six year old cameras, can still put out a highend image. VLog L and VLog in lit situations with that slim 150mbit 10bit codec and at blue/Golden Hour, beautiful.

And, like our friend @newfoundmass, I am a great fan of MFT and happy that our friend @webrunner5 is back, as well that I would also love our other kids to join in more again. This forum used to be about what people do with affordable gear. So if GH6 is too expensive, there is still a sub 900 dollar production work powerhouse, the GH5. @kye has been a great fan of the perfect All Intra HD. It made me happy to read about his opinion about it when he started his deep observations of the camera. 

So here is the video. Both cameras were fantastic! GH5 and VLog, both in their economic but strong 10bit 4K codecs. The performed perfectly as A and BCam, like I said GH5 was A was various reasons. Image to me is flawless with VLog L and Vlog performing beautifully in lit situation and Golden Hour, which I shot this video at. I did the directing, dp-ing, lights, editing and super quick grade. Was the typical onemanband thing. But even with a budget for a crew I might have chosen these cameras. If you are interested I could do a breakdown on lensing and cam choice in a different thread. Some dolly work included as well.

cheers

11 hours ago, TomTheDP said:

I feel the innovation is really lacking with M43 Panasonic

Lots of good discussion on various aspects, but I think perhaps you're being a little unfair.

First reason is the Dual Gain sensor.  

The GH6 DGO sensor is what, the third ever released in a camera?  ARRI ALEV, then Canon DGO, and now GH6.

If you cast your mind back to before it was released and the speculation about what a potential GH6 might include, there were expectations that it would 'wow' and really stand out from the pack (or that it would need to), and I don't think anyone predicted a DGO sensor.  I suspect I might have mentioned it, but if I did it would have been a passing fantasy rather than a real prediction.  It was more than anyone could even think of to ask for.  and then it arrived in a GH camera.

Why isn't this simply blowing away everyone?  Unfortunately, the DR from it just doesn't seem to wow.

I think there's a few reasons for this.  One is that an MFT sensor has an outright disadvantage in terms of light-gathering ability over S35 and FF through physical size (two stops compared to FF and one compared to S35), but even beyond that, the DR measurements just aren't that impressive, compared to single-gain sensors.  I wonder if the GH6 sensor has been in the pipeline for so long that it's a DGO implementation of an older technology?  Regardless, with it's two-stop light-gathering disadvantage from FF, it didn't rocket to the top of the DR test charts, and that's what people want right, "best ever" headlines - not "best ever (in it's class and taking into account blah blah blah)" headlines.

I must admit I'm a little disappointed by its measured DR, especially considering the original S35 ALEV sensor only has one stop of light advantage but has well over one stop of DR, plus it's decade-old tech at this point.

I also think we haven't seen enough stuff from this to truly understand what this looks like when pushed to its full potential.  GH6 footage is actually pretty thin on the ground, and the meticulously crafted footage (like we all refer to when talking about other cameras) is even rarer still.

Second reason is that the GH line is an all-rounder, which is difficult in itself.

Lots of competitors do a few things well, and a few things really really badly.  The GH line doesn't really have an achilles-heel, and before you say "autofocus" think again - the AF on the GH6 is actually very respectable, it's just not world-class.

If most cameras reallocated awesomeness from their killer-features to their weaknesses, their killer features wouldn't be killer anymore.  It's like there's only so many awesome points that a camera can have, and it has to choose which features to put them into and which to sacrifice.  The GH line has prioritised not having huge flaws rather than having headline features.

Some examples.

P4K - stepping right over the fact it's a cinema camera and automatically lacks about half the features of the GH6, it's huge and butt-ugly, it's AF isn't even continuous, and has no stabilisation at all.  
Take the P4K, and think how much extra it would cost to make it a sensible forum-factor, give it functional C-AF, add IBIS, and then, you know, make it a stills camera too.  The P4K is literally half the features of a GH6, with a few extra advantages.  Sure, it can shoot RAW internally, but if you add an external recorder to the GH6 you get an articulating screen and it's almost still smaller!

FP - I really want to love the FP but it's also sort of half-baked like the GH6 is.  It makes you choose between uncompressed RAW (which is absolutely huge compared to compressed formats - this adds to the cost of media and add post-processing time which I'd prefer to avoid) and its internally compressed formats that are so lacklustre they kind of negate the benefits of choosing the camera at all.  Sure, you can go external and record prores or compressed RAW of your preferred flavour, but you've added almost another $1000 (with cage, recorder, its own batteries and charging requirements, cables, etc) and now you don't have something comparable in form-factor.  Also, because the FP doesn't have stabilisation, you'll need to buy stabilised lenses if you want that feature, and with the L-mount that's either adapters or pretty-pricey and limited glass.  
B&H list two L-mount FF lenses with IS under $1000, but they list 9 in EF mount, one is under $500.  So not only does "adding stabilisation" mean you become very limited in choosing the lenses you can to use, but it puts a $500 fee on top.  I know - I've been looking!

Panasonics FF cameras are also less polished.  The S5 doesn't have an ALL-I codec (let alone Prores).  I've heard that the lower resolution modes aren't nicely downsampled from the full frame sensors.  For a comparison, the GH5 will downsample the full sensor for all resolutions, all frame rates, and all levels of digital zoom.  I shoot in 1080p ALL-I codec, in both 24p and 60p, and using 1x and 2x digital zoom, and every combination is downsampled beautifully.  As far as I'm aware, none of the Panasonic FF cameras can do that, even the S1H which is almost double the price of the GH6 and a behemoth physically.

Thirdly, some features aren't measurable (or simply aren't measured)

Stabilisation is one of these.  We all know that stabilisation is measured in stops, but this is only half of the picture.  The "stops" is a measure of the reduction in movement that's provided by the camera when given some shake that's within its range.  
To put its 7.5 stops into perspective, it's a factor of 181.  So if you jiggled the camera horizontally by 181 pixels, the IBIS would stabilise that so that the movement was within a single pixel - ie, zero blur.  It does this by moving the sensor, and the stops is the measure of how accurately the sensor can compensate for the shake.  The other variable is how far the sensor can move, and this is the one that no-one ever tests, but it's the one that's more important.  

The reason that travel is more important is that once you shake the camera by more than the amount its IBIS motors can move, you go from having a 7.5 stop stabilisation to a 0-stop reduction.  The GH5 stabilisation was beloved by all because of how far it could move, not by how much it reduced the vibration when it was within range (which was similar to OIS lenses).  MFT has an inherent advantage in this sense, but there's no way to really know how much this is in play in reality because no-one tests it.  I would imagine that FF sensors have gotten better at this, but I max out the GH5 IBIS regularly, and I suspect others do as well otherwise they wouldn't have praised the IBIS back in 2017, so the last thing I want is less stabilisation!

People love to compare the strengths of cameras, but when you start comparing the weaknesses, the GH6 actually does pretty well, because most features aren't so weak that they're worth talking about, or are overblown.  I mean, what are the weaknesses of the GH6?

• It's AF isn't the best in the world - well sure but it beats the living crap out of every AFS and non-AF camera ever made, which until the last 5 years was basically every camera
  • The base ISO of 2000 for the DR boost mode is high - it's 1.3 stops higher than ISO 800 which is the common base ISO for millions of cameras
  • Its battery life is about an hour (I've heard people say 80 minutes of record time) - what was the battery life of the P4K and P6K cameras again?  I've forgotten.
  • It's expensive and large for an MFT camera - actually it's pretty small when you consider its got a fan, tilt/flip screen, EVF, records to a very high bitrate professional codec internally, IBIS, and a flag-ship number of knobs and buttons

It also has this streaking issue that definitely isn't acceptable but I suspect will get sorted in firmware, and it also hasn't gotten the promised update to implement Prores in 4K and 1080p (which I suspect will also come with higher quality downsampling in those resolutions) and the USB recording.

7 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

I just did a musicvideo with the GH5 and S1. Guess what, GH5 was ACam.

That´s because I could rent it in a package with four batteries, Speedbooster XL, perfect cage, with rods, handle, lenssupport, the perfect mini cinema cam. Love this package. I don´t need a shoulderrig and my handheld camerawork is still fine and fitting, as I treat the camera a serious tool and I respect it. My S1 was BCam with only one battery but the spiffy FD to L-mount adapter from cieco7. I am just too stingy to invest in other extra stuff for this camera, because I am still not fond of the tilt screen mechanism, though screen and its ruggyness is fantastic.

In this video it´s both cameras together. And guess what, I love them both and would love to buy a GH6. With Prores and its creamier cinematic image, sensor readout, TC, GH- line ergos and menues it would be a no brainer for me. Putting down cameras is very different from objecting to them. But sometimes we get lost and negative about the certain lacks about in some cameras rather than concentrating on their strengths.

One general thing I would appreciate, if people become more appreciative about the mft system again! It´s a fantastic system!

I mean, a Lumix G9 or GH5, two six year old cameras, can still put out a highend image. VLog L and VLog in lit situations with that slim 150mbit 10bit codec and at blue/Golden Hour, beautiful.

And, like our friend @newfoundmass, I am a great fan of MFT and happy that our friend @webrunner5 is back, as well that I would also love our other kids to join in more again. This forum used to be about what people do with affordable gear. So if GH6 is too expensive, there is still a sub 900 dollar production work powerhouse, the GH5. @kye has been a great fan of the perfect All Intra HD. It made me happy to read about his opinion about it when he started his deep observations of the camera. 

So here is the video. Both cameras were fantastic! GH5 and VLog, both in their economic but strong 10bit 4K codecs. The performed perfectly as A and BCam, like I said GH5 was A was various reasons. Image to me is flawless with VLog L and Vlog performing beautifully in lit situation and Golden Hour, which I shot this video at. I did the directing, dp-ing, lights, editing and super quick grade. Was the typical onemanband thing. But even with a budget for a crew I might have chosen these cameras. If you are interested I could do a breakdown on lensing and cam choice in a different thread. Some dolly work included as well.

cheers

Great stuff!  Simple concept, clean compositions and overall seems like it was well executed.  With such strong content and cast it's best just to keep it simple and not have the production get in the way.  Well done 🙂