Panasonic GH6

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 hours ago, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

In this regard, the best thng that could happen to m43 is DJI entering the market full stop. That Lidar AF is amazing.

But it will not happen.

The best thing that could happen for LUMIX would be DJI taking the 4D’s AF tech, (LiDar tracking, wireless controller with focus waveform,) and pairing it with a universal focus motor. If I could bolt that tech onto any lens, map a quick profile, and have flawless AF/powerful MF tools in a wireless package… on any camera…

I’d pay top dollar. And I’d stick with Panny forever.

9 hours ago, Caleb Genheimer said:

The best thing that could happen for LUMIX would be DJI taking the 4D’s AF tech, (LiDar tracking, wireless controller with focus waveform,) and pairing it with a universal focus motor. If I could bolt that tech onto any lens, map a quick profile, and have flawless AF/powerful MF tools in a wireless package… on any camera…

I’d pay top dollar. And I’d stick with Panny forever.

That tech truly was incredible to see.

It's nice to see that at least one company making money with product after product has decided to innovate - in anything other than their cripple hammers!

1 hour ago, hoodlum said:

You can see a vent for a fan in this photo. The GH6 looks to be much bulkier

image.png.e0b9e835c1f8cc5bef9026dbf829e2ff.png

Looks like they're taking design cues from the S1H...

panasonic-lumix-dc-s1h-mirrorless-digita

Let's hope that the GH6 isn't too big...  I remember walking around Pompeii with my GH5/Prime/VMP+ combo in one hand and having a sore wrist just from carrying it around in one hand for 3-4 hours.

Maybe there's a set of new "physical preparedness" exercises we need to be doing where we carry a brick around to build up strength. Like marathon training, 1 minute the first day, then 2, then 5, then 10...  so that by the 6 week mark you can carry two bricks all day without straining any ligaments!

25 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

If you look closer on the photo from kyes post, it indeed appears to be the same or similar screen like the S1H one! @MrSMW
@kye

Reusing parts makes sense, so potentially yeah.

17 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

No Sdi port.:(

Hope they give it expandibility like the sdi interface for the Gh4, but with batterypower and much smaller.

The S1h is a handsome camera. This picture though makes the GH6 look kinda cramped, rather unattractive to look at.

I dunno...  if the pic didn't have a honking-great cine lens on it, made even larger with wide-angle distortion, maybe it would look more reasonable.  The GH5 is very nice aesthetically and I have larger hands.

Specs and a HUGE 32 minutes in video leaked, showing the camera in detail. S1H-like hinge and vents confirmed.

https://www.43rumors.com/full-panasonic-gh6-specs-and-new-images-leaked/

GH6 specs

25 million pixel PLF-less sensor
100 million pixel high-resolution shooting
5.7K video
Sensor read up to 300
fps High-speed read at 4K resolution 120 fps
Suppression of rolling shutter
Computation processing capacity is about double
New Intelligent detail
New 2D noise reduction
High performance 3D-NR (video)
Improved AF performance Processing speed is 3 times faster than before DFD performance evolution

New recording mode
4K120p 4: 2: 0 10bit 300Mbps
4K 60p 4: 2: 2 10bit 800Mbps /
600Mbps 5.7K 60p 4: 2: 0 10bit
300Mbps C4K 120p 4: 2: 0 10bit
300Mbps C4K 60p 4: 2: 2 10bit 800Mbps / 600Mbps

Recording file method supports Apple ProRes in addition to MP4 and MOV
5.7K 30p Apple ProRes 422 HQ 1.9Gbps

Card slot: CFexpress TypeB slot, UHSII compatible SD card slot
Weight: 739g

Dynamic range boost function: It is possible to shoot a wide dynamic range image at a maximum of 60 fps by synthesizing an overexposed image and an underexposed image in real time. Achieves a dynamic range of up to 13+ stops approaching the full size. The minimum ISO sensitivity is 800, and when using V-log it is 2000, so an ND filter is essential.

Image stabilization: Adopts an ultra-high performance gyro sensor and a new algorithm, and has a correction effect equivalent to 7.5 steps. Smooth image stabilization that is ideal for movies.

Dark place performance: High-sensitivity noise is much suppressed compared to GH5II while increasing the number of pixels. It can be used normally up to ISO3200.

Built-in microphone evolved from 16bit to 24bit. 4 channels can be recorded when using an XLR adapter.

Phase-difference AF is not installed, but AF is much better. The AF calculation speed has tripled, the background omission and tracking performance have been greatly improved, and the AF speed has also become considerably faster.

There are 315 AF points in the full area. Human, face / pupil, animal + human subject recognition can be used in all AF modes. The focus range can be set with the focus limiter.

I was wondering when we would start to see this from Smartphones.

Dynamic range boost function: It is possible to shoot a wide dynamic range image at a maximum of 60 fps by synthesizing an overexposed image and an underexposed image in real time. Achieves a dynamic range of up to 13+ stops approaching the full size.