Panasonic GH6

kye

4 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I use the c modes too. But one little change and I have to either re save it or fiddle with that change each time I start up the camera. Either of those options is a hassle for me. As much as I love the camera, and I do love it, I feel like it is working against me. The P4K on the other hand is a pleasure to use. 

I saved the function that re-saves the custom config to the user shortcuts menu just for that purpose!  But yes, I take your point :) 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 8/24/2019 at 2:50 AM, Thpriest said:

Soooo...when's it happening?

Will be looking to buy a new camera this autumn to complement my GH5. I'd really like to see what the GH6 offers before going for a S1 or Blackmagic 4k. GH5S just seems too expensive nowadays. Will be selling my Canon C100. Lovely camera but I hardly ever use it anymore.

The GH5 is so dirt cheap secondhand, the GH6 will surely cost significantly more. 

If you need a 2nd camera now then don't hesitate to buy a GH5! Is still fantastic value even in 2019

On 8/24/2019 at 1:26 PM, kye said:

Built-in ND that can be controlled by auto-exposure

So an eND like the FS5

On 8/24/2019 at 9:09 PM, Thpriest said:

Sounds good. I think having magnification to check focus when recording as well as more accurate battery levels would be a great help. GH5s low light at least.

A GH6 which is simply a GH5S plus IBIS & eND would be enough to make me very very happy! (especially if it was sold at GH5 prices...)

16 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

The GH5 is so dirt cheap secondhand, the GH6 will surely cost significantly more. 

If you need a 2nd camera now then don't hesitate to buy a GH5! Is still fantastic value even in 2019

It's true the GH5 is cheap. I will probably need another camera to complement the GH5 by October. As it stands right now I'd probably get the GH5S as would cover low light as well.

Some of the work I do is setting up 2 or 3 static cameras to film a course, presentation etc. The Panasonics are great for this as they record for hours. Right now I'm using a GH5, a GX85 and usually hire another GH5/S if I need another camera. But with a job that is looking like it'll be confirmed soon, hiring makes no sense.

The GH5S is around 1950€ here, the GH5 1550€ and the S1 2500€ aprox. I think the GH5S is a bit over priced. I'm hoping it'll have a price drop in September

24 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

A GH6 which is simply a GH5S plus IBIS & eND would be enough to make me very very happy! (especially if it was sold at GH5 prices...)

Yes, an eND like the FS5..  :)

A GH5S with IBIS and eND would be pretty nice, but I don't think that's enough to keep it at the same level as the GH5 has proven to be.  Dual ISO would be pretty sweet though!

8 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

The GH5S is around 1950€ here, the GH5 1550€ and the S1 2500€ aprox. I think the GH5S is a bit over priced. I'm hoping it'll have a price drop in September

Just buy second-hand?  

26 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I'd take the S1 over the GH5S sensor, already has IBIS, just need eND.

For me to go M43 I want to see 4k 120p as well as IBIS, good auto focus, and hopefully eND.

That's kind of my point. If M43 becomes super video orientated then I'm in. Not sure if the S1 can record 4k non stop

16 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

That's kind of my point. If M43 becomes super video orientated then I'm in. Not sure if the S1 can record 4k non stop

It can record non stop 4K. But the S1 lacks of the professional video options like the GH5 had, like using shutter degrees, etc. However, it's image is truly awesome.

Yeah it appears Panasonic is going to really segment their product line.

Photographer S1R (with limited video features)

Hybrid S1 (with limited video features stock; paid upgrade for more)

Videographer S1H pure video with best video features.

Which isn’t a bad product line up. It’s clear what camera is better for you based on what you want to do with it. With the hybrid S1 kinda playing the budget video role as well.

What I like about Panasonic is that their whole line up seems to work together, from the GX85 through the GH5, S1 upto the EVA1. I never had that with Canon. The C line was so much better than all the DSLRs (apart from a couple of really expensive ones). Much easier to justify investment.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mirekti said:

If you check the end of this video there's a statement this organic sensor will be used in Lumix series too, starting with the end of Olympics 2020. 

We are talking about built in ND, higher dynamic range and global shutter sensor. This is revolution!!! :)

A GH6 with all that would be an instant buy. Global shutter!!! No more horrific photography flash rolling shutter mess at weddings!

Hoping faster sensor readout speeds or global shutter will allow them to remove the physical shutter in the camera and use that space for an eVND or some kind of built in ND.

Built in ND is perhaps one of the more important features a future GH6 could incorporate. Along with 14 stops of dynamic range and full Vlog to unify the entire lineups from MFT to Varicam.

ISO performance comparably to to the GH5S would be great. Anymore ISO performance than what a GH5S can do or the latest full frames can do is overkill. You’ll be approaching specialized camera territory.

What is more important is useable DR, color rendition, and motion cadence with a good codec, battery life and usability.  

Panasonic ticks all of those boxes already.

GH6 should lean more into the video side I think. Leave the future G10 for the photo folks. 

56 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Hoping faster sensor readout speeds or global shutter will allow them to remove the physical shutter in the camera and use that space for an eVND or some kind of built in ND.

Did you watch the video? :)
The organic sensor itself is also a built in ND filter i.e. the sensor itself is bringing: more dynamic range, global shutter and ND filter capacities 

32 minutes ago, mirekti said:

Did you watch the video? :)
The organic sensor itself is also a built in ND filter i.e. the sensor itself is bringing: more dynamic range, global shutter and ND filter capacities 

Yes, I’m well aware. But I highly doubt we will see an organic sensor based GH camera in 2020. I’m taking the more conservative speculation route of latest CMOS sensor from Sony semiconductor.

Perhaps we will see an organic sensor in a GH or S camera in 2023.

9 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Yes, I’m well aware. But I highly doubt we will see an organic sensor based GH camera in 2020. I’m taking the more conservative speculation route of latest CMOS sensor from Sony semiconductor.

You might be right, and I have posted a wrong link above. ?
Check it at 2.20