Let's see your best Anamorphic Footage!

CfFilmmaker

I'm really curious to see what you guys have been able to make with your lenses! Let's see your stuff! Doesn't have to be finished, or really have any structure, just some footage you've shot! Post it here and leave the setup you used in the description! 

I'll start, I shot this wedding with an Ursa Mini 4.6k, a rokinon 50mm T 1.5, Rokinon 85mm T 1.5 a Schneider Super Cinelux and a Rapido FVD-16A variable Diopter.

https://drive.google.com/a/kimhaskell.com/file/d/1CdLZc746FEAo-j6fRRfyh4nxUZQIpOh3/view?usp=drivesdk

IMG_20190202_192921_785.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
38 minutes ago, Grimor said:

My last:

Kowa+Nocticron+Rectilux (who the hell put those names to the optics??)??

That is sick! Ok, more info needed- is this a commissioned project or did you do this one for fun? And I take it that was a Kowa Prominar? What kind of car mount did you use?

4 hours ago, CfFilmmaker said:

That is sick! Ok, more info needed- is this a commissioned project or did you do this one for fun? And I take it that was a Kowa Prominar? What kind of car mount did you use?

For 22 years I've been a full-time police officer and the last 5 amateur cinematographer. One of my bosses thought it would be good if he created video material for the police. I currently belong to the press area so I'm lucky to be able to do my hobby during working hours.

In the tech side, kowa is prominar 16H, and car mount is camtree g51.

IMG-20181130-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20181204-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20181130-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20181130-WA0020.jpg

7 hours ago, Grimor said:

For 22 years I've been a full-time police officer and the last 5 amateur cinematographer. One of my bosses thought it would be good if he created video material for the police. I currently belong to the press area so I'm lucky to be able to do my hobby during working hours.

In the tech side, kowa is prominar 16H, and car mount is camtree g51.

IMG-20181130-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20181204-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20181130-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20181130-WA0020.jpg

Love the BTS shots! That's a cool connection through your job. Keep the great stuff coming!

Kowa 8z inside FocusModule. Taking lens 90% of the time Minolta pancake 45mm f2. Shot with GH5.

Also done in extreme conditions. We shot the night scenes in -25 °C weather. And we had all those practical effects to do IN location. All our blood pumps broke and we couldn't shoot fake blood as much as I wanted. But that's how it goes sometimes...

6 hours ago, Teemu said:

Kowa 8z inside FocusModule. Taking lens 90% of the time Minolta pancake 45mm f2. Shot with GH5.

Also done in extreme conditions. We shot the night scenes in -25 °C weather. And we had all those practical effects to do IN location. All our blood pumps broke and we couldn't shoot fake blood as much as I wanted. But that's how it goes sometimes...

Bravo!!!!

1 hour ago, Grimor said:

Bravo!!!!

Thanks!

Just remembered that I shot this video also with the quite same setup. A few more always trusted Russian lenses used there (Helios 44-2, Jupiter-9, etc):

For me, that represents the common playthrough music videos. Personally, I don't care about them much... I tend to like more story related videos.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 1:04 PM, Andrew Clunie said:

Here is the probably the cleanest thing I have shot (a7sii, iscorama pre-36, Nikon 50 1.8): 

and here is just a montage from my old anamorphic set up (sun 2x, rectilux):

Ok, killing it man, so crispy. You make that A7sii look like a totally different camera! So many questions- Does that Isco really clear 50mm at full frame? Was that internal slog2, or to an atomos? Also, for the ambience, was that all foley or did you rig a shotgun to catch some of the sounds? Killed it. Definitely inspired me to try some new stuff with my work.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, CfFilmmaker said:

Ok, killing it man, so crispy. You make that A7sii look like a totally different camera! So many questions- Does that Isco really clear 50mm at full frame? Was that internal slog2, or to an atomos? Also, for the ambience, was that all foley or did you rig a shotgun to catch some of the sounds? Killed it. Definitely inspired me to try some new stuff with my work.

Hah, thanks man. Yeah the pre-36 clears 50mm full frame (the widest you can go - any more it will vignette). Richard gale has some nice videos demonstrating this: 

my Nikon pancake 50mm produces very little vignetting.

Ambience was sound design my brother did in post, and I recorded internally on the a7s. 

Glad you feel some sort of inspiration!