Tripod with bowl

Aquilasfx

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

Difficult to recommend any legs but the  Flowtech for a 75mm bowl. As stiff as carbon twin tube designs but more compact and once you have used the top leg lock system you will never go back.

So, GH06 with the Flowtech?

Have you used that combo?

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Difficult to recommend any legs but the  Flowtech for a 75mm bowl. As stiff as carbon twin tube designs but more compact and once you have used the top leg lock system you will never go back.

I use gitzo traveller carbon with beautiful lock system. I travel often, and I need a tripod that I can use not only in flat surfaces. By the way these two heads?

The FSB is OK but it's not amazingly smooth and according to one direct comparison

it's not as smooth as the GH06 and the GH06 is a lot cheaper but as I said earlier you should always test a head before you buy it. The GH06 is a 75mm fitting so will fit the flowtech as this is an industry standard interface.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, Shirozina said:

I just recommended the head (GH06)

I think you need to state what kind of shots you want to achieve with it.

I want a fluid head, with a tripod usable also in not flat surfaces, and not to heavy to let me transport it in the luggage. But I dint want to buy another product in 2 years, so the product have to be durable with a normal use. For example I am extremely happy with my photographic gitzo tripod, over many Manfrotto bought in the past.

13 hours ago, Aquilasfx said:

I want a fluid head, with a tripod usable also in not flat surfaces, and not to heavy to let me transport it in the luggage. But I dint want to buy another product in 2 years, so the product have to be durable with a normal use. For example I am extremely happy with my photographic gitzo tripod, over many Manfrotto bought in the past.

But what kind of shots are you going to be doing? - long slow pans with a long lens? fast pans following action? static locked off shots?

Long slow pans with a long lens require the very best head and legs so you will have to compromise on size and weight or just stick to fast pans and static shots which can be done on any fluid or friction head and legs. I'd still say Flowtech + GH06 are going to be hard to beat at their price range  - can you go t a store and try them?

On 2/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Shirozina said:

Long slow pans with a long lens require the very best head and legs so you will have to compromise on size and weight or just stick to fast pans and static shots which can be done on any fluid or friction head and legs. I'd still say Flowtech + GH06 are going to be hard to beat at their price range  - can you go t a store and try them?

No, I can't test in the store these heads unfortunately

8 hours ago, Aquilasfx said:

No, I can't test in the store these heads unfortunately

I reckon the Flowtech is a 'no-brainer' for a set of legs though as they are light and stiff with all the adjustability you will need for uneven ground. Without the head they should go in hold luggage. I doubt you can go wrong with the GH06 either as it's significantly cheaper than the FSB 4 and lighter to boot. Also what's your budget as this may be all irrelevant?