Tripod with bowl

Aquilasfx

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Aquilasfx said:

Sachtler Ace M GS 1002

vs

Sachtler Ace M MS 1001 

what do you think would be better?

Anyway I red that these models have week legs... Anyone  that have these models can confirm?

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Great. I have read about this head, maybe it is a good solution, there is always the aspect of the "name" in our job, a client will always be more favorable of the Sachtler name than E-Image. This is always a concern.

I may try my luck with this head and the Flowtech legs.

Week legs. Yes, not the best around.

26 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Great. I have read about this head, maybe it is a good solution, there is always the aspect of the "name" in our job, a client will always be more favorable of the Sachtler name than E-Image. This is always a concern.

I may try my luck with this head and the Flowtech legs.

Week legs. Yes, not the best around.

You actualy get clients questioning your choice of equipment brands?????

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

You actualy get clients questioning your choice of equipment brands?????

Yes, because most of my clients are production companies, so the equipment I bring with me is significant for them. It is another marketing tool unfortunately.

Because I travel a lot, I have a Feisol tripod with a HDV701 head... and can safely say, it's rather trash. You'll just not get great pans/tilts with cheap and/or light grip gear, even more so when you go in a diagonal movement. I feel like traveling and grip gear collide massively in the logistic aspect.

So I'm one of the people who just shoot locked off for the majority of stuff (which is my personal preference anyway) and bring a solid ball head instead of a fluid head. Everything that needs movement/tracking is handheld either with a gimbal or rig.

That said, I got to finger around a Sachtler Ace and that was really nice. I wouldn't want to travel with it though.

I've been very satisfied with my Ace L head and Sachtler carbon legs (single-tube, can't remember the model right now. Same thing as the Manfrotto 535). Very smooth, easy to balance. I do wish it had one more step of drag, but that's a bit of a nitpick.

I've used it with my GH4, G85, and A7III, all with a cage/rods, a small monitor, small mic, vintage full-frame glass, and occasionally a follow focus. So maybe 7-8lbs with one of my bigger teles? Performed well with everything, especially if I have time/space to hang my bag on the legs for some more stability.

Keep in mind I have the L, not the M, which has a lower weight capacity (4kg/8.8lbs I believe). The L is rated for 6kg/13.2lbs, and the old rule of thumb I've been told is that for fluid heads you don't want to go much over half the rated weight capacity for best performance. So that makes sense with the weight of my setups.

Build is a tiiiiny bit plasticky, compared to the FSBs, but still very sturdy. Definitely a step up from Manfrotto, Benro etc.

28 minutes ago, aldolega said:

I've been very satisfied with my Ace L head and Sachtler carbon legs (single-tube, can't remember the model right now. Same thing as the Manfrotto 535). Very smooth, easy to balance. I do wish it had one more step of drag, but that's a bit of a nitpick.

I've used it with my GH4, G85, and A7III, all with a cage/rods, a small monitor, small mic, vintage full-frame glass, and occasionally a follow focus. So maybe 7-8lbs with one of my bigger teles? Performed well with everything, especially if I have time/space to hang my bag on the legs for some more stability.

Keep in mind I have the L, not the M, which has a lower weight capacity (4kg/8.8lbs I believe). The L is rated for 6kg/13.2lbs, and the old rule of thumb I've been told is that for fluid heads you don't want to go much over half the rated weight capacity for best performance. So that makes sense with the weight of my setups.

Build is a tiiiiny bit plasticky, compared to the FSBs, but still very sturdy. Definitely a step up from Manfrotto, Benro etc.

Do you have middle or ground spreader.

It seems that L version is no longer marketed...

16 hours ago, Aquilasfx said:

Do you have middle or ground spreader.

It seems that L version is no longer marketed...

No spreader, the legs are single-tube, photo style construction. They're just the Manfrotto 535 with a Sachtler badge on them (Sachtler and Manfrotto are owned by the same company).

Single tube legs are not as good as twin tube designs for fluid heads as they don't have the torsional stiffness to resist bounce back at the end of pans. Also if you are shooting a locked off shot outside with a long lens they are generally more resistant to wind induced vibration. They are though generally smaller and lighter than twin tube designs if this is the main consideration.

5 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Single tube legs are not as good as twin tube designs for fluid heads as they don't have the torsional stiffness to resist bounce back at the end of pans. Also if you are shooting a locked off shot outside with a long lens they are generally more resistant to wind induced vibration. They are though generally smaller and lighter than twin tube designs if this is the main consideration.

uhm in your previous message, you suggested 761AT tripod that is a single tube legs... ?

4 hours ago, Aquilasfx said:

uhm in your previous message, you suggested 761AT tripod that is a single tube legs... ?

I just recommended the head (GH06)

4 hours ago, Aquilasfx said:

Anyway my question is what could be better from these two systems:

- Miller Air Carbon Fiber Tripod System solo 75 2, with air fluid head

- Sachtler Ace M Mx

I used to flight for my jobs often.

I think you need to state what kind of shots you want to achieve with it.