Tripod with bowl

Aquilasfx

Hello I have a GH5 and some other gear. I would like a tripod with a bowl.

Ath this moment I have 2 photographic tripod:

- Manfrotto 190 Xprob

- Gitzo 1545T

and some head:

- Manfrotto 500AH

- Manfrotto 502AH (too heavy for my jobs, I flight often for my jobs)

And I used a Manfrotto Before with a stupid MVH400AH (that is very nice to transport, but not stable in tilt).

What about MVT502AM?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I like to do lock off shots mostly.  Pans and tilts maybe 10% of the time.  What do pans and tilts really show you that you can't say with a well composed shot and/or edited montage, honestly?  When shooting with a tripod I enjoy framing, hitting the red button, and taking my hands away from the camera.

If anyone else uses this style too, consider Manf. sticks with a "leveling center" included.  From there, you can get whatever head you prefer.  I got cheap 701 HDV's, which are very gnarly for moves, but they're small and work well enough for me.  This sort of set up gives you the option of quick bowl-type-leveling and compact breakdown.  It's a "video" tripod that'll rise to 6' that disassembles and breaks down into enough compactness that I've been able to do carry-on with ALL my gear.

It's not the most smooth video shooting system --which you COULD easily purchase elsewhere, but the functionality and break-down for excursions are more important to me. 

I've traveled to over 50 countries with equipment and this is what I ultimately settled on, and was, more or less, content with.  (It doesn't have enough mass for stable long lens shots during windy days)  If you want to avoid sending gear through checked baggage, it's a solution.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/272854-REG/Manfrotto_555B_555B_Leveling_Center_Column.html/?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7OaQ2qKg4AIViMVkCh026QRzEAQYAyABEgIQmfD_BwE&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=Y

2 hours ago, Aquilasfx said:

Sachtler Ace M?

in kit?

and what about my heads? do you think that I can sell them?

It is a good cheap kit. I am going Flowtech+FSB 4 myself, but for half(or 1/3rd) of the money, Ace is the best option.

You can keep a combo of what you have as a secondary option (I do some 3/4 camera events covering, so I need a plethora of accessories) and sell the rest.

46 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

I like to do lock off shots mostly.  Pans and tilts maybe 10% of the time.  What do pans and tilts really show you that you can't say with a well composed shot and/or edited montage, honestly?  When shooting with a tripod I enjoy framing, hitting the red button, and taking my hands away from the camera.

You need it if you want to follow action in a scene. 

The truth is that to get good smooth movement with a fluid head you need to spend a lot of money. Real fluid heads are not cheap and even entry level fluid heads are not great and require a lot of skill to get smooth motion esp with longer lenses. The stiffer the fluid head the smoother the motion but you then need very strong legs as the head will twist and rock the tripod leading to bounce -back at the end of moves. If you want cheap and light go for a non fluid head tripod and stick to locked off shots and if you need to follow action go handheld!

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I am going Flowtech+FSB 4 myself

I have this setup and unfortunately it’s not great . The highest setting on the head is too stiff for the legs unless you only extend the 2 larger sections - it will twist and bounce back at the end of a pan. Setting 2 is OK but you will struggle to get smooth pans unless you have a lot of practice. Have a look at the E-Image GH06 as a better head (don’t think and FSB6 is better as it has the same fluid cart as the 4) 

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Man I am Not a fan of Center Column tripods for video. Hmm.

I picked up the Benro S7 for my DSLR. It works great for photography as well. I can't justify big dollars on what I actually want. My everyday tripod for work is a hotpod. OH MAN, I love it and the quick release is beautiful, but my shoulder hates me for using it. LOL

Whatever you buy buy it on Ebay, or something like it Used. You can get a real head or tripod for the same price as some crappy new anything. Who cares if it is nicked up, you can't kill a good head or sticks.

7 minutes ago, TheRealOG said:

I picked up the Benro S7 for my DSLR. It works great for photography as well. I can't justify big dollars on what I actually want. My everyday tripod for work is a hotpod. OH MAN, I love it and the quick release is beautiful, but my shoulder hates me for using it. LOL

Yeah they work for photography, but for a fluid head, if it is extended it twists just like the legs do and it is not pretty. Plus there is not enough surface area on top, and you can't get small adjustments like you can with a Bowl tripod. A Good video tripod, fluid head setup is more money than the camera costs. But you only have to buy one once in your life probably. Nothing worse than jerky footage.

14 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah that Hot-Pod is WAY out of my range even used LoL. Yes I like Vinten and Miller stuff. I think the cheaper Sachtler stuff is...well Lol. I am a big believer in Carbon Fiber Ones though.. Man they are really stiff, but good ones are heaver than you would think.

I wouldn't mind upgrading to the Miller Air Fluid head. $600 isn't toooo bad. I wonder how it compares to the E Image GH06

58 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

I wouldn't mind upgrading to the Miller Air Fluid head. $600 isn't toooo bad. I wonder how it compares to the E Image GH06

Here is a Miller DS-20 for 50% off.  Better Miller head for less money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miller-DS-20-Fluid-Head-75mm-use-w-arri-sachtler-vinten-cartoni-manfrotto-DSLR/202580646989?hash=item2f2abf5c4d:g:dekAAOSw1rpcULIo:rk:25:pf:0

3 hours ago, Shirozina said:

I have this setup and unfortunately it’s not great . The highest setting on the head is too stiff for the legs unless you only extend the 2 larger sections - it will twist and bounce back at the end of a pan. Setting 2 is OK but you will struggle to get smooth pans unless you have a lot of practice. Have a look at the E-Image GH06 as a better head (don’t think and FSB6 is better as it has the same fluid cart as the 4) 

Is it possible the E-Image to be better than both the Ace and FSB series?

I have to decide soon, because that is my next buy!