Canon EOS RP specs leaked, features 26MP sensor and 4K video

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I can't believe they are serving the 6DII sensor in this camera. This company will never stop to disappoint. A $200 APSC Nikon D5200 has better DR and produce better landscape photos than this. That's insane, really insane.  
They just have to put a decent sony-like sensor in their cameras and give decent specs like 4K no crop (like ALL FF mirrorless manufacturers in the world do except them) and people would be all over Canon. Every body out there no exception would buy Canon if they matched A7III specs even for more expensive because everybody agree their ergonomics is better. Yet ergonomics is not all. At the end of the day if I have the best body and menus in the world to output a 1.7 crop wobbly image at this price then I have got nothing. 

Yet they prefer to release garbage and only retain some of their users, with 80% of Sony/Nikon users laughing at them. 

Can't understand this company. 

No one appreciates the art of recycling.  Everyone just wants the brand new. This planet has finite resources. Not only that but most of the rare ore (coltan and other rare metals) are dug by little African children. Even Andrew can recycle is own 6d articles and save some hard disk. :)

https://www.eoshd.com/2017/06/canon-6d-mark-ii-codec-worse-old-6d-lower-bitrate-no/

PS: There is some irony here. Because Canon doesn't give a shit about who dugs their coltan, but none the less aren't we a bit spoiled?

7 minutes ago, Tiago Rosa-Rosso said:

No one appreciates the art of recycling.  Everyone just wants the brand new. This planet has finite resources. Not only that but most of the rare ore (coltan and other rare metals) are dug by little African children. Even Andrew can recycle is own 6d articles and save some hard disk. :)

https://www.eoshd.com/2017/06/canon-6d-mark-ii-codec-worse-old-6d-lower-bitrate-no/

PS: There is some irony here. Because Canon doesn't give a shit about who dugs their coltan, but none the less aren't we a bit spoiled

If Canon was reusing their parts to produce cheaper cameras than competition I guess I wouldn't mind ?. Are tech is off the backs of the poor though undeniably. We'd not all feel as rich as we do if we were paying for american union labor.

12 minutes ago, Tiago Rosa-Rosso said:

PS: There is some irony here. Because Canon doesn't give a shit about who dugs their coltan, but none the less aren't we a bit spoiled

ha ha. true.  got have that new new.

One thing that intrigues me about the eos rp is that it's light, and potentially can fit on the webill lab gimbal with the 35mm easily (6dii works with the pancake 40mm on the webill). 

waiting to see if it has clog though. 

so upside is it's light, but downside also is it's light, meaning it won't be as stable for handheld as the 6d and might have to stay on the webill all the time.

17 minutes ago, socs said:

ha ha. true.  got have that new new.

One thing that intrigues me about the eos rp is that it's light, and potentially can fit on the webill lab gimbal with the 35mm easily (6dii works with the pancake 40mm on the webill). 

waiting to see if it has clog though. 

so upside is it's light, but downside also is it's light, meaning it won't be as stable for handheld as the 6d and might have to stay on the webill all the time.

how could the EOS M50 have clog but not this

Haha, yeez - when Sony was doing their small and light bodies everybody went ape-shit about lens-body balance and now it is a selling point. The naming scheme remains a mystery and Canon sure does know how to ugly cameras.

Also, remember how Canon announced that they are moving R&D to industrial markets ? Anyway, it will sell well, (the lower the price, the greater the volume) but where are those budget lenses to pair it with? Hopefully, Sony et al. will be forced into a pricing battle and consumers win.

2 minutes ago, JurijTurnsek said:

Haha, yeez - when Sony was doing their small and light bodies everybody went ape-shit about lens-body balance and now it is a selling point. The naming scheme remains a mystery and Canon sure does know how to ugly cameras.

Also, remember how Canon announced that they are moving R&D to industrial markets ? Anyway, it will sell well, (the lower the price, the greater the volume) but where are those budget lenses to pair it with? Hopefully, Sony et al. will be forced into a pricing battle and consumers win.

History repeats itself, same thing with dual card slot issue on Gen 1 and 2 for Sony FF's 

39 minutes ago, tweak said:

I don't mind the look of these Canon cameras. I'd agree they aren't special or ground breaking but I prefer how they look to Sonys A line (ergonomically speaking they also look superior to me without having tried one).

Handling with the Canons is great. They are quick to get up to speed and get the shot. I think this new camera has a place... not something I’m personally buying into. I want something with 1DXMK2 levels of performance with a modern video codec.

1 minute ago, DBounce said:

Handling with the Canons is great. They are quick to get up to speed and get the shot. I think this new camera has a place... not something I’m personally buying into. I want something with 1DXMK2 levels of performance with a modern video codec.

I'm looking to replace my 5Dmkiii, I use it every so often for jobs (my main work is video though). This new camera entices me because it's so light and since I'm always travelling with a ton of stuff if it can do what the 5Dmkiii can do in a smaller, lighter package (plus as a C cam, or extra interview cam with 4K) I'd consider getting it.

23 hours ago, BasiliskFilm said:

Looks like it is the 6DII - with a Digic 8 rather than 7, so that might help a bit. But latest spec rumour seems to have lost the 4K prediction... Looks like Canon has a surprise up its sleeve again. 

Performance wise it is likely to be similar to the M50, just with a larger sensor and the new mount. 

The low price probably means that it lacks the dedicated processor that handles focusing in the prosumer models, so my guess is no DPAF in 4K mode.

9 hours ago, tweak said:

I don't mind the look of these Canon cameras. I'd agree they aren't special or ground breaking but I prefer how they look to Sonys A line (ergonomically speaking they also look superior to me without having tried one).

It is lighter than the A7 cameras, so probably it is built of less sturdy materials.