Canon EOS RP specs leaked, features 26MP sensor and 4K video

Andrew Reid

Sony Cinealta F5 - Venice arnt super popular as everyone knows..

If look at the TV, high end doc, reality TV, sports, and the news market, Sony basically has a monopoly on that sector.

Ive said it a few times but in think Canon is really trying to target the in house Netlfix/Hulu/Prime video productions which is genius imo. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

Fanboyish statement sounds like its from Canon's marketing department. 

cHwLj4KkL2-10.png

But hmmm what job?

I shoot sports (video) from the sidelines at all levels of play Youth, Varsity HS, Club/NCAA, and professional lacrosse.

Nearly every camera body they make would be total joke for what I do..

20190201_185721.jpg

Edit: After watching the Northup video, I agree the EOS R is great "Family/vacation" camera ?

Is this the 70-300 G lens on the A6300 ?

2 hours ago, DBounce said:

Actually, yes. And I can tell you as a tool to get the shot with minimal fuss the P4k would not be my choice. No continuous AF, meaning when using on a gimbal you must either sacrifice DOF or have a focus puller. Cheap plastic build inspires little confidence without a cage. Bulky proportions means casually taking it along is seldom a choice. And most importantly for me, no stills capability means the C200 will always remain a better choice.

How long have you shot with? How many seconds...? LOL

Haven't you found a sweet follow focus solution to replace the need of continuous AF?

To be sincere with you, seems to me more bias from your personal liking than anything else : ) I'm sorry but I'd be lying to you and to this community if I'd infer it otherwise.

53 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

I've never said Sony is perfect or the best for every genre. You justify using canon in basically EVERY thread related to that brand on this forum, I can do the same. 

Listen, I'm a happy Canon user, so yes you will find me generally speaking positively about products I own in Canon related threads.

The difference is I don't go into other brand threads I don't own (and have zero intention of owning) to troll & toot my own horn..

sony_fanboys.jpg?resize=450,360

6 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

1. I shoot sports videography which i specified in my OP, been using that A6300 for well over 2 years the only issue is batterylife. I have a friend that does the exact same thing I do an uses a 5Dmk4. And if you watch his videos you can see it struggling to keep up. DPAF is fine for slower moving subjects but have you tried using it with fast moving sport? It suffers. As said by many sony video af is faster/better for fast moving subjects.

2. Wooden Rosette handles are extremely comfortable, have you ever used one? I see a ton of FS7, FS5, URSA, CXXX, users running after market ones. 

4. Have you ever used a good quality external monitor? Its an experience to say the least. A Smallhd on camera monitor is going to be better than ANY built in camera screen. To say otherwise your just a troll. To my knowledge the only affordable cameras with built in waveforms is the GH line, false color?, vector scope? A larger image to make sure my framing is good? I bet you would agree pulling focus on a 7 inch screen is a lot easier than with any 3+- inch screen. 

5. I rarely shoot 4K in games, 98% of the time slow motion. (I do the post game highlights), what canon camera does 120fps slow motion with usable autofocus in 1080? NONE

6. Weather sealing doesn't exist. If it did all cameras would come with a legit IPX rating. Ive shot tones of games in the rain with zero issues ?

7. With that photo you linked, yes the photogs are shooting CanNikon as sony doesn't have the Tele primes like those 2. But its funny bc you better believe the super bowl last year as well as tonight is being broadcasted by Sony XDCAM cameras. 

8. Ya ima a Sony fanboy as ive said on this website numerous times, before I switched as I was one for Canon and atm im looking @ switching to Panasonic. 

9. I don't upgrade my cameras left n right like other people, so thats why I've been using my A6300 for over 2 years. It does what I need it to, puts food on the table for me. The XT3, and A7iii don't bring enough for me to want to upgrade immediately. Because I only have 3 lenses and universal accessories, when something from Fuji, Panasonic or Sony gets released with all the specs that I need for my line of work i will upgrade.

I've never said Sony is perfect or the best for every genre. You justify using canon in basically EVERY thread related to that brand on this forum, I can do the same. 

So many false facts, not going to even bother

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

He does have some points.

Saying that the a6300 is much better in AF than any DPAF, that no canon camera has usable AF in 120p 1080 and lastly saying that his little overheating toy is just as good as a pro body in rain. Literally, completely made up bullshit, to justify his purchase in his own mind. I had the a6500 before the 1dx ii and it is complete dogshit in comparison, in every single way for video and photo. 

23 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Saying that the a6300 is much better in AF than any DPAF, that no canon camera has usable AF in 120p 1080 and lastly saying that his little overheating toy is just as good as a pro body in rain. Literally, completely made up bullshit, to justify his purchase in his own mind. I had the a6500 before the 1dx ii and it is complete dogshit in comparison, in every single way for video and photo. 

I owned the 6300 as well but never owned a 1dxii. I think that camera is one few complain about.

19 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Great strawman there ^ I would hope that a camera that cost $5,000 more than another one would be leaps and bounds better, that's that Canon tax though..

DPAF (IN VIDEO) is fantastic for slow moving subjects or when you you want to mimic a traditional focus pull. However it fails with very fast moving subjects, I've seen it first hand as I have friends that do the exact same thing as me. Test it yourself, go to a local high school Varsity game, or if you can get credentials an NCAA or a Pro venue, shoot with the same focal lengths I use from the sidelines which is 135mm - 400mm @ F2.8 - F5.6 and report your findings. I promise I will be the 1st person to reply to that thread saying "I stand corrected"

Ive shot HS, NCAA, and pro games in the pouring rain for the last 3 going on to 4 years and have never had an issue with it. How is my statement "complete made up bullshit" if I have done that very thing for last few years standing on the sidelines next to D5, D4S, and 1DX users??

The A6300 has been out for 3 years now. Mines paid for itself a long time ago and just like myself EVERYONE here knows its pros and cons at this point.

14 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

20190201_185721.jpg

Nice low angle ???

8 hours ago, Django said:

I am not looking at it in "Canon-land" simply observing with my own eyes the professional scene in my location, Paris France, which visibly differs much from your own local observations (which I am not disputing btw).

That said, living and working in the number one fashion capital of the world, I think I do know a bit about that scene. So to hear " mILC have a bigger share there, for sure " is rather a surprise.

From celebrity model studio shoots to fashion editorials, to the runway or even street bloggers during Fashion week... I'd say it's 95% CaNikon.  And 80% of that 1DX2/5D3/5D4.

fashion-photographers.jpg

streetstyle-photographers-seen-in-the-st

photographer-is-using-a-canon-70200-mm-f

Battery life, weather sealing, FPS, balance with telephoto lenses, portrait orientation control. Flagship DSLR still own that market. Canon edges it off with skintone CS.

For video, I think it also depends. TV/Broadcast isn't the only market. We're shifting more & more towards digital content by one man bands.

In the rental houses I visit, i see just as much Canon gear getting rented out then Sony. I also know showrunners that swear only by RED/ARRI. YMMV.

Last year I spent about three months abroad in tourist spots through various countries and was keeping a lookout on what cameras I was seeing around the place.  What surprised me was that I think I saw three Canon sightings amongst the literally hundreds of Nikon sightings.  Most of the cameras I saw were those fixed lens super-zoom cameras that look like a DSLR but are smaller.

Either I didn't know that Nikon is killing it in the fancy family camera category, or that I just happened to go where they're popular, but considering I went to places like Rome / Pompeii / Tokyo // HK // Singapore you'd think that the tourists would be pretty international.  It got to be so predictable that I did full double-takes the few times I saw a Canon logo.  

I shoot dirtbike/snowmobile races, I think 60 mph+ is a greater test than kids running around at 10mph. Its possible your friend had his AF set slow, I have never remotely had an issue. Always looks like a professional focus puller is operating it. 

2 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

I shoot dirtbike/snowmobile races, I think 60 mph+ is a greater test than kids running around at 10mph. Its possible your friend had his AF set slow, I have never remotely had an issue. Always looks like a professional focus puller is operating it. 

I'm getting into motocross this year, should be fun.

6 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Yep, attack the person when you can’t attack the argument. Classy!

To counter-argue, I will need to write at least 50 pages, so if you didn't understand my previous 2 posts, then sorry, but I have very limited e-time.

I wasn't attacking anyone, I genuinely believe you have no clue about how the "industry" and audio and visual markets work.