Aren't you waiting for the Panasonic S1?

liork

5 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Full video specs being out, this camera is a disappointment:

- massively heavy 

- 5y old AF for video 

- overpriced 

- poor codecs show (and this has been confirmed by rumors) that a proper video body will come later (like the A7S line)

- poor lens choice 

I am waiting for the S1H and A7SIII 

I strongly agree and believe this system wont sell very well with its overall price point.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

Full video specs being out, this camera is a disappointment:

- massively heavy 

- 5y old AF for video 

- overpriced 

- poor codecs show (and this has been confirmed by rumors) that a proper video body will come later (like the A7S line)

- poor lens choice 

I am waiting for the S1H and A7SIII 

- many people will prefer the ergonomics to sony and wont care about the extra bit of weight.

- you haven't tried to video af so am surprised you would know before literally everyone. 

-given the additional specs you failed to mention, I doubt many would say it is overpriced.

-they have said that you will have internal 10bit 4k with paid upgrade. Show me any other brand who gives you the same in a mirrorless. 

-lens choices are fine for video and you will be able to adapt sigma. 

I cant believe people are upset at this release - literally no other full frame or apsc hybrid gives you these kind of specs. 

Its gonna be fun having smooth full frame 10 bit footage that is usable unlike sony and nikons current implementation. Cant wait. 

I was hoping this system would replace sony for me, since I really dislike the ergonomics and menus on sonys. But although the cameras look more than capable (on paper anyway), the size/weight/cost kind of kills it for me. 

Hopefully they might bring out some slimmed down lighter versions like they did with m43 later on. And Sigma might be able to release some cheaper if not smaller lenses. 

Looks like it will be a great system for some people, but unfortunately I think I will have to stick with sony for now. 

Waiting for the spec before I decide whether to dump all or some or just keep my Sony gear.

35 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

I'm waiting for a GH5s price drop ;)

Saw a GH5S with lens for a really good price at local auction site.. might be tempted to get that again lol

Did a shoot using GH5S yesterday, man love the 240fps slow mo, the 120fps on most system is not slow enough sometimes.

Not impressed by the specs and the price, especially when you have to pay for a feature that is already there, I hate these practices, but the size issue is a bit overblown. Tiny small cameras were always a nightmare to use, from the a6xx series to the A7 ones. 

It is not a coincidence that every A7 series camera is a bit bigger than the previous generation. The sales of the GH5 show that also, while in my opinion the GH5 is too big and heavy for a m43 camera - with the smaller lenses possible, and the a7 is too small and light when used with bigger lenses and/or adapted ones.

I lika it: (from mirrorlessrumors.com)

Recording file format
MP4: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Audio format: LPCM (2ch 48kHz/16-bit), AAC (2ch)), MP4 HEVC:
H.265/HEVC (Audio format: AAC (2ch))
AVCHD Progressive (Audio format: Dolby Audio (2ch)), AVCHD (Audio format: Dolby Audio (2ch))
MP4
[4K] 3840×2160:
59.94p, 150Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (LPCM)
29.97p, 100Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (AAC)
23.98p, 100Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (AAC)
[FHD] 1920×1080: 59.94p, 28Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (AAC)
29.97p, 20Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (AAC)
MP4 HEVC
[4K] 3840×2160:
29.97p, 72Mbps (4:2:0 10-bit LongGOP) (AAC) (HEVC, HLG recording)
23.98p, 72Mbps (4:2:0 10-bit LongGOP) (AAC) (HEVC, HLG recording)

AVCHD Progressive
[FHD] 1920×1080:
59.94p, 28Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (Dolby Audio)
59.94i, 24Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (Dolby Audio) (Sensor output is 29.97fps)
59.94i, 17Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (Dolby Audio) (Sensor output is 59.94fps)
23.98p, 24Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) (Dolby Audio)
MP4 (High speed video)
[4K] 3840×2160:
29.97p (Sensor output is 60fps)
23.98p (Sensor output is 48fps)
[FHD] 1920×1080:
29.97p (Sensor output is 180fps / 150fps)

• Super Members
47 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

The size issue is a bit overblown. Tiny small cameras were always a nightmare to use, from the a6xx series to the A7 ones. 

It is not a coincidence that every A7 series camera is a bit bigger than the previous generation. The sales of the GH5 show that also, while in my opinion the GH5 is too big and heavy for a m43 camera - with the smaller lenses possible, and the a7 is too small and light when used with bigger lenses and/or adapted ones.

The S1R is very, very similar to the Leica SL in dimensions and weight (**cough** what a shocker **cough**) so people can do a fairly accurate comparison already on camerasize.com

Here it is against the GH5....

1632594262_ScreenShot2019-02-01at10_43_29.png.0d37385e7baa46ab6ff70e83d7d83e0c.png

It is a lot heavier of course but some heft, as you say, is no bad thing when it comes to balance especially as this being a full frame camera it will invariably be having more substantial lens lumps put on it.

I think one of the factors regarding the weight that is less of an influencing issue for people than it was a couple of years ago is that gimbals can take much bigger payloads now.

Nope, that's not it... Panasonic should have released the V-Log update out of the box which may even be crippled V-Log L again with limited Rec709 gamut instead of V-Gamut and forced sharpening of course - but we'll see.

If I want bad autofocus but great video quality I would rather buy the Pocket 4K with a Speedbooster XL and shoot raw.
If I want high resolution photos I would buy the A7III which is an 8 bit cameras as well.

Should wait for the Sony A7sIII then if full-frame is a must unless they mess it up the same way they did with the A73 and its horrible temporal noise filtering starting above ISO1600. The A7sII didn't have this issue at all - neither does a Canon EOS R and 5D MKIV.

According to the sample footage I've seen so far at least texture isn't a problem, lot's of skin complexion is captured. If it was a Fuji all low contrast texture would be lost. Yay waxy skin lol.