Fujifilm X-T30?

IronFilm

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1459274-REG/fujifilm_x_t30_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

$899

Product Highlights

26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor

X-Processor 4 with Quad CPU

DCI and UHD 4K30 Video; F-Log Gamma

2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder

3.0" 1.04m-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen

425-Point Phase-Detection Autofocus

Extended ISO 80-51200, 30 fps Shooting

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; Sports Finder Mode

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1459274-REG/fujifilm_x_t30_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

$899

Product Highlights

26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor

X-Processor 4 with Quad CPU

DCI and UHD 4K30 Video; F-Log Gamma

2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder

3.0" 1.04m-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen

425-Point Phase-Detection Autofocus

Extended ISO 80-51200, 30 fps Shooting

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; Sports Finder Mode

No mention of 10 bit

Wow, they went Canon on this, crippling the bit rate so much.  I'm kind of surprised to be honest.  For video it seems like the firesale on the X-H1 is a better buy as long as you're not using an external recorder.

Did a wedding for a friend a few months ago (god they suck, props to anyone who does them for a living especially @thebrothersthre3) and finally edited the footage between my X-T3, Em10III and NX1... the X-t3 footage  with eterna either in 10 bit or 8 bit just blows the other footage out of the water.  Little to no color correction and just amazing skin tones.  

If you need a 10 bit camera capable of excellent skin tones... get an X-T3 if you don't need 10 bit,  X-H1.  The X-t30 seems to be for photographers.

The X-T30, due to its smaller size (thus smaller heat sinks) and only having a single UHS-I card slot, video specs are affected. 4K 30fps @ 200Mbps instead of 60fps 400Mbps on the X-T3, no H.265 (HEVC) so no internal 4:2:0 10-bit (8-bit only), 10 min limit on 4k video, 15 min limit on HD 1080. There is 4:2:2 10-bit, but it is for external recording only (although no time limit)

Just now, Mako Sports said:

Tbh this camera is nowhere near is as crippled as Canon's recent offerings. 200mbps in 4K is still plenty for this cameras intended audience. 

You're right, it's not Canon, but for Fuji it's pretty lame.

14 minutes ago, CyclingBen said:

Wow, they went Canon on this, crippling the bit rate so much.  I'm kind of surprised to be honest.  For video it seems like the firesale on the X-H1 is a better buy as long as you're not using an external recorder.

Did a wedding for a friend a few months ago (god they suck, props to anyone who does them for a living especially @thebrothersthre3) and finally edited the footage between my X-T3, Em10III and NX1... the X-t3 footage  with eterna either in 10 bit or 8 bit just blows the other footage out of the water.  Little to no color correction and just amazing skin tones.  

If you need a 10 bit camera capable of excellent skin tones... get an X-T3 if you don't need 10 bit,  X-H1.  The X-t30 seems to be for photographers.

200 mpbs ain't bad. At least they included F-log. The xh-1 had moire issues in 1080p 24, 60, and 120 more than the XT2, hopefully the XT30 doesn't share the problem. Auto focus is a big advantage though not everyone needs it. 10 bit out on such a cheap camera is cool. Too bad sony didn't do that for the A6400.

45 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

200 mpbs ain't bad. At least they included F-log. The xh-1 had moire issues in 1080p 24, 60, and 120 more than the XT2, hopefully the XT30 doesn't share the problem. Auto focus is a big advantage though not everyone needs it. 10 bit out on such a cheap camera is cool. Too bad sony didn't do that for the A6400.

Internal 8bit F-log won't be useful for serious work. X-T3 has banding problem even in 10bit.

Full sensor readout in 40K30p with no crop, little rolling shutter and 200mbps sounds nice. Same oversampled 1080p 120fps as in the X-T3 too. 8bit internal, that’s too bad, but it gets 10 bit over hdmi. Mic over usb-c is a nice idea too. Internal 8bit log is nice to have, I’d go for 10 bit in log profiles all the way  F-Log in 8 bit can be problematic, not even getting started on 8bit Slog3. I guess no HLG either, since this is standardized to be 10 or 12bit in genereal.

Overall a very capable camera for the price point, but it’s missing some of the X-T3s main features. 

4 minutes ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

But looks like and amazing value. GX85-GX9, in the same price point, have 100Mbps 4K, more crop, much worse AF - only have IBIS as advantage.

Don't forget no mic input on GX85. But seriously, the GX85 is like 3 years old now and, in my opinion, this doesn't offer enough to be worth upgrading really. That said, if you have neither, go for the Fuji.

Maybe if Fuji somehow add 4k60p in the future, it'll worth that upgrade, and since they added 4K to the X-Pro2 via a firmware upgrade, I'm not counting 60p out just yet. 

3 hours ago, frontfocus said:

Full sensor readout in 40K30p with no crop, little rolling shutter and 200mbps sounds nice. Same oversampled 1080p 120fps as in the X-T3 too. 8bit internal, that’s too bad, but it gets 10 bit over hdmi. Mic over usb-c is a nice idea too. Internal 8bit log is nice to have, I’d go for 10 bit in log profiles all the way  F-Log in 8 bit can be problematic, not even getting started on 8bit Slog3. I guess no HLG either, since this is standardized to be 10 or 12bit in genereal.

Overall a very capable camera for the price point, but it’s missing some of the X-T3s main features. 

Rolling shutter is 20ms in 4K which is ok but definitely not little.

1080 120p is not oversampled in either cameras but a combination of vertical lineskipping and horizontal pixel binning. 

I was potentially in the market for one of these needing a 4th body, but the pros of the XH1 have swung the decision for me.

Extra size/bulk (a plus for me), build, handling, IBIS, super snicky shutter sound, - the XH1 is a joy. (Already have one in my stable, - XT3, XH1 and XE3).

Plus they are now below 1000 euros in Europe with high street dealers. Insane price for what you get and IMO, the most underrated of recent Fuji X cams.

3 hours ago, androidlad said:

For the price point its good though. Flog is not ideal but its useful to have.

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Don't forget no mic input on GX85. But seriously, the GX85 is like 3 years old now and, in my opinion, this doesn't offer enough to be worth upgrading really. That said, if you have neither, go for the Fuji.

Maybe if Fuji somehow add 4k60p in the future, it'll worth that upgrade, and since they added 4K to the X-Pro2 via a firmware upgrade, I'm not counting 60p out just yet. 

I highly doubt they'll put 4k 60p in.

3 hours ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

For hobbyists like me, only the 10 min limit (and the lack of IBIS) is a serious problem. Could have the XT-100 lcd hinge, too.

But looks like and amazing value. GX85-GX9, in the same price point, have 100Mbps 4K, more crop, much worse AF - only have IBIS as advantage.

As a hobbyist how often do you need the unlimited record times? I'd definitely like to see it become a standard in cameras though heat limitations might be holding them back. 10 bit out with an external recorder is a great option though.

7 hours ago, mercer said:

Idk, I think I like this camera. I love that they’re one of the only manufacturers that are offering actual 2K shooting at a high bitrate... is it all-i?

Hoping they'll have All-I like the XH1, though I don't know if it actually makes a difference on these cameras.

I am sure the price on this will drop to $800 in a couple months like the XT3 dropped in price. Which is cool. If we compare it to the competition mainly the A6400 it has better stills frame rates(a lot better), twice the bitrate in video, cinema 4k and 2k, way better 1080 and high speed options, half the rolling shutter in 4k and the option to record 10 bit externally. The eterna profile is hard to beat in 8 bit. That said the new Sony human tracking is a huge feature.

13 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

Tbh this camera is nowhere near is as crippled as Canon's recent offerings. 200mbps in 4K is still plenty for this cameras intended audience. 

I bet by the end of this year, once a few secondhand X-T30 show up, and secondhand Atomos Ninja V start to show up cheap too, then this will be a hell of a combo! It certainly is something I'll be keeping a close eye on.

7 hours ago, androidlad said:

Much less than on the Sony a6x00 series cameras!

7 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

As a hobbyist how often do you need the unlimited record times? I'd definitely like to see it become a standard in cameras though heat limitations might be holding them back. 10 bit out with an external recorder is a great option though.

Not often, for sure. But I like to shoot concerts, and some jams and 2 connected songs exceed this limit (have a LX100 with 15 min limit and sometimes had some troubles with it). And probably the limit is not because of heat - I guess that the XT-3 does not have heat problems and have the same chipset. 30 min would be a good limit - this I believe that could comes in a future firmware upgrade, when the XT-3 sales decline.

But if Atomos could release a Ninja Star 4k, it would be a HELL of a combo - cheap and powerful.