Sony RX100 IV

MaxKitaev

Hello guys, I'm coming back to this subject.

I have the RX100 IV camera. There's 1 thing that I'd love to find a solution for. For some weird reason this camera not only doesn't have a single shot focus mode in video mode but it doesn't have it at all whenever you press the REC button. Anyone know the solution?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, MaxKitaev said:

Hello guys, I'm coming back to this subject.

I have the RX100 IV camera. There's 1 thing that I'd love to find a solution for. For some weird reason this camera not only doesn't have a single shot focus mode in video mode but it doesn't have it at all whenever you press the REC button. Anyone know the solution?

The RX100 cameras do either CAF or manual focusing in video mode, I don't think there is a focus lock function. You get more options in stills mode, but when you hit record it appears that all of the AF modes become CAF.

There is a way to get what I think you want. Go to custom key assignments (second tab, list #5, item "Custom Key (Shoot)". Click that, then select "C Button". On the list of options select "AF/MF Ctrl Toggle". 

Once that is set up, if you press the C button while shooting the camera will switch from AF to manual focus. This will have the effect of locking focus on whatever you are pointing at. To go back to AF, just press the C button again. Just keep in mind that if you have peaking switch on, those will appear on your screen.

You can also assign the left or right buttons to do this (they have fewer options).