Sign in to follow this  
Gujarish

Help understanding anamorphics

Hello everyone,,

Im trying to buy a beginner anam lens, like the sankor 16c. I want to focus on a lens with the best oil painting bokeh, but still pretty sharp. Flares are not as important to me.

Idk much about anam lens seasons, but prices are around 400-500 rn. USD. Do you think they will go down? Or is now the time to buy them?

Also, I have a 55mm sony fe lens. Is this a suitable candidate for a lens like the sankor 16c? If not, what are some other options?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

First you have to think about it as a "combo" or a "Chain":

Camera+taking lens+anamorphic adaptor (+optional single focus solution)

When you know the sensor size of your camera (and the aspect ratios you can shoot with)  you can go for an adaptor and a taking lens.

Take your time and read here for information.

Andrew's "anamorphic shooters guide" and Tito's "anamorphic on a budget" blog & YT channel are vest way to learn.

7 hours ago, Gujarish said:

Hello everyone,,

Im  trying to buy a beginner anam lens, like the sankor 16c. I want to focus on a lens with the best oil painting bokeh, but still pretty sharp. Flares are not mobdro.bio/ Lucky Patcher Kodi as important to me.

Idk much about anam lens seasons, but prices are around 400-500 rn. USD. Do you think they will go down? Or is now the time to buy them?

Also, I have a 55mm sony fe lens. Is this a suitable candidate for a lens like the sankor 16c? If not, what are some other options?

Thanks!

Thank you my issue got solved bcoz of your reply.....