BMPCC Preorder

albuswulfricbrian

What I don't like is the combination of a lying, manipulative company with a online commentariat that steadfastly defends their every move.

I guess I'm an irrepressible optimist that thinks the Internet is the solution to fraud. And nervy enough to do my part. Here we have a company that's doing exactly the same thing two years in a row and people still eating it up.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Meanwhile the Japanese giants the net.commentariat is determined to discredit at every opportunity just continue to quietly ship products on time that work and need no scheming or hype. Slower to roll out advanced formats and codecs perhaps, but turning a blind eye to the hackers enabling them on their hardware.

You have conceded the argument when you resort to ad hominems or simply tell or force your opponent to "shut up."

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

/* I guess I'm an irrepressible optimist that thinks the Internet is the solution to fraud. And nervy enough to do my part. Here we have a company that's doing exactly the same thing two years in a row and people still eating it up. */

No, you're an irascible twat who has absolutely nothing positive to say about damn near anything.  I still have yet to see evidence of fraud, but I do see lots of evidence of a company that vastly underestimated production issues on what was to be a flagship product.  You may not like it (and it's not something I'd wave around with pride if I were BM), but it's not like they're getting paid for selling unshipped units, otherwise we'd be seeing a ton of lawsuits, especially in lawsuit-happy-America.  What do you want them to do, come lay prostrate before the mighty PederJ and beg for your personal forgiveness?  Give me a break.  You don't trust BM?  Then don't buy a BM.  I don't think there's a single person here who isn't aware of the massive issues BM has with their first foray into the digital cinema camera space.  And yet, the fact that many of us are willing to give them a second chance on an upcoming product seems to infuriate you so much that you have to shit on every thread that even dares to show any sort of excitement for something we haven't seen yet, much less released.  It's irritating and tiring and frankly, go find another thread to shit up.  

/* Meanwhile the Japanese giants the net.commentariat is determined to discredit at every opportunity just continue to quietly ship products on time that work and need no scheming or hype. Slower to roll out advanced formats and codecs perhaps, but turning a blind eye to the hackers enabling them on their hardware. */

The only "net commentariat" conspiracy you see is one you've built for yourself.  I swear, the entire internet is here to make pederj buy something he doesn't want and to "Shut Me Up!"  Oh NOES!  No, PederJ, you are welcome to your opinions, but we all know what they are.  Please, move along. Hell, many of us OWN cameras from those same "Japanese Giants we conspire against."  I happen to own a Panasonic, with access to my fellow filmmaker's Canons and Sony NEX cameras, for example.  I am really eager to see what the BMPCC can do and if it ships and meets MY (not your) expectations, I'll be happy to add it to my arsenal.  If it comes out and it doesn't, I won't buy one.  It's not rampant fanboyism, or determined denialism or whatever else you wish to attribute it to.  It's simply NOT HAPPENING as you have envisioned it.  It's in your head.  There is no conspiracy.

/* You have conceded the argument when you resort to ad hominems or simply tell or force your opponent to "shut up."  */  

I'm not conceding anything except the fact that you're a fucking moron.

And, for the record, I find it FINE to be skeptical and cautious about a company's ability to deliver from prior product launches.*  I mean, one would be foolish not to approach the upcoming BM launches with a little caution.  I sincerely hope they've got their production lines in gear and they're on schedule to ship on time.  But jesus christ, dude, you're like the anti-cheerleader/hater.  It's like you WANT them to fail, so as to justify whatever agenda you have on your mind.  It comes across as schadenfreude, not as the martyrdom that you appear to have embraced.  You are not the Christ of Cinema Cameras.  You do not have to die for the sins of filmmakers everywhere.   Quit being a sanctimonious prick.

*and I also find it fine if you find faults with the format, the specs, the hardware, the lens mount, whatever.  We all have our personal preferences, do we not?  I don't need YOU (or EOSHD.com, or whomever) to dictate what I MUST have or MUST do.  I don't feel the need to shit up every thread on something that doesn't meet my needs or wants, either.  You don't see me over in a Canon C100 thread bitching about how it's not worth the money or too expensive and that if you're going to buy a C100 you might as well buy a used Sony F35, after all, that's a pro-camera and the C100 is just a toy for rich kids who want to make bullshit films for their hipster friends and can't quite afford a RED or some shit.  

Lol I actually got a kick out of all that. Lots of pot-meet-kettle hypocrisy and "he doth protest too much." But amusing.

Anyway what it comes down to is that I'm giving my opinion, based extensively on evidence, on a camera manufacturer and its products and practices. An opinion that I perceive as undervoiced here and elsewhere. And you Mr. Essary are giving your opinion on me and my ability to do so. Ergo, I'm on topic, and you're at fault.

Back to topic.

• Administrators

Peederj, when I get tired of reading the same stuff on my own site, I have to make decisions to edit. If you don't want to be chopped I suggest you change the record. No more fanatical anti-BMCC rants and no more C100 fanboyism appended to my editorial OK? Can't you just try and be normal? We're not here for your winding up or for your entertainment. Try and offer us something more than just a headache. I'm getting really tired of it and it lowers the tone of the forum. You're affecting the quality of the site for everyone. Don't think I won't do something about it if it continues.

I guess I'm an irrepressible optimist that thinks the Internet is the solution to fraud. And nervy enough to do my part. Here we have a company that's doing exactly the same thing two years in a row and people still eating it up.

We're more than one month away from the release date and you're already blaming them for failing two years in a row, I'm not sure you grasp the concept of "optimist".

Black Magic Design has been around for a while, they've proven their value as a company with countless quality products, they didn't settle with just that and decided to come out with a groundbreaking product, they ran into some problems but seem to be learning from that, it's still only one of their many products.

With optimists like you, who needs pessimists?

Well let's see if it's I or BMD and their fans that have misled the readership as the year proceeds.  ;)

I can assure you, if able I will apologize proportionately, and I do expect the same courtesy from my critics.

A year ago i was telling people they were crazy to think that BMD would meet their deadlines for the BMCC. But as soon as I saw the footage coming off the BMCC I stopped blaming BMD and started figuring out when/how to get one. 

It's also important to look at BMD's "disappointments" in context: Faced with unforeseen demand for a nascent product they decided that quality was more important then meeting shipping deadlines. Meanwhile, other upstart raw competitors, Kineraw and Digital Bolex, haven't shipped a single unit. 

So on the spectrum of meeting customers expectations, I'd say BMD isn't doing too bad.