GH5 cold & weather

@yan_berthemy_photography

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You haven't been taking pictures of the sun have you? That looks like sun damage to me.

do you speak about colors or the small dot? I haven't taken sun pictures...

25 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You haven't been taking pictures of the sun have you? That looks like sun damage to me.

it looks like a spot to me, not sun damage

27 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

oh, the colors, it's because my room lights, not from sensor XD

Yan, your sensor and images look fine to me.

@webrunner5 is right about exposure, the advice I got from the professional colourists was to just expose normally.

7 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Ahh I like the B&W. Hardly anyone, me included shoots it much anymore. Looks good, even grain wise for the situation. Actually I sort of like grain using B&W.

I really like grain in b&w too.  Which made things good for street photography because you typically set the camera to MF, pre-focus at maybe 1.5m, then have a slower aperture to get a bit of depth of field, and you still want to have a fast shutter, which means you use auto-ISO to expose and that means you get noise unless you're in bright sunlight.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:09 PM, @yan_berthemy_photography said:

I have a question about GH5 and weather.

I experienced moisture on my lens when removing the lens cap from outside to home because of condensation

to clarify, I went from home to outside with the lens on the body and went back home with lens still on the body, the only issue is that I removed lens cap when coming back home... and had moisture on the glass... I waited for the camera body temperature to be stable, then, after 1 hour, I removed the lens off the body and put the sensor cap, what about the lens? Is it damaged? what about the sensor? 

For the sensor, I am a bit worried, it was 0 degrees outside and went to my home with over 27 degrees, I did not expose the body sensor to air, or I hope air did not enter through the lens...

Can sensor experience issues?

Thanks.

You shouldn't have any issues. I've had my gh5 and gh4 out in -15 and lower temperatures for hours on a tripod where the camera and lenses were completely frozen over and didn't have any issues.